Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Idiotboxer thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: shahsb_26

This is getting so interesting!

So, now it's clear as to why would Shaurya hate Shaan if he comes to know the truth! 😆

Shaurya has his plan in bag, and maybe his thinking is similar to that of Tej Saberwal.... I ain't predicting anything at the moment... But I am seriously hoping Astha does not flow in emotions for his son! 🤗

Looking forward to reading more of it...!

Yes, Shaan failed to stand strong before his brother.

Yes, his thinking is like Tej.

Let's see how Aastha manages her feelings for her son.

Keep reading and giving feedback.

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Thank you. Will look forward to your feedback.

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: fkhr30

Only if he knew the truth

It will take a lot of time for him to know the truth.

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Chapter 7

When Shaurya reached the main kitchen, it was already packed. All the students had arrived before time. He was surprised to find Anokhi there as well. She was standing by the wall, behind all the students. Shaurya too had to stand at the back.

Soon Aastha arrived. There was an hesitancy in her steps that didn’t go unnoticed by Anokhi. She had never seen her so short on confidence.

Aastha cleared her throat and began nervously.

“Good morning students. I have already bored you with my lecture once. So today we will directly get down to business. As I have said, cooking is an art and an artist’s biggest asset is her imagination. When you use an ingredient in your cooking, you have to use your five senses and your imagination. Food is not just to be tasted. It is to be smelt, seen, heard and felt. Slowly you will learn that even the most useless ingredients can be transformed into the tastiest of food.”

“Really?” Everyone turned around hearing Shaurya’s voice. Without getting perturbed, he looked straight at Aastha, “So you are saying that you can create delicious food out of anything.” He then went and picked up a pair of raw bananas kept in a corner. “I know we use them to prepare koftas. But that is only the pulp. We throw away the peel. Can you create some mouth watering delicacy out of this?”

Anokhi could not hold her temper any longer. “Mr. Sabharwal. If you have come here to test Aastha Mam’s credentials, you can leave right away. I am not going to entertain anyone who…”

“Anokhi, let me handle it.” Aastha interrupted her. “He is asking a simple question. As a teacher it is my duty to clear his doubts.” Then she looked at Shaurya and said with a gentle smile, “Please pass them over to me.”

“Hmm, so I have in my hand a banana peel. As I just said, we will have to examine it using our senses. It has a bit of pulp, a lot of fibres, a typical scent and taste. Now let us use our imagination and think what other ingredients can go well with it. I would like some suggestions from your side.”

“Kalonji.” One of the students suggested.

“Interesting.”

“I think some mustard paste will help get rid of the metallic taste.” Another student offered.

“Hmm..nice one.” Aastha then took the ingredients and started working on her recipe. “Let me add some from my side. A clove of garlic, smashed under a knife. Some freshly ground black pepper, and salt to taste.” Aastha immersed herself in her preparation and the students watched mesmerised, as if watching a master craftsman at work.

Soon an irresistible aroma teased everyone’s senses. Aastha took a small bowl of the item she had prepared and looking at Shaurya, said, “Would you like to taste it and see if it has met your expectations?”

“I will have to respectfully decline. You can ask your other students. I don’t have a problem.”

Anokhi couldn’t tolerate his haughtiness. She walked up to Aastha and said, “Mam, it is always me who gets to be the first person to taste your dishes. Why are you giving that opportunity to such unworthy people?” She said, giving a side glance at Shaurya.

Shaurya felt his ears turn hot when he saw Anokhi taking a spoonful and tasting it. There was a time when whatever Aastha cooked, she would make Shaurya taste it before everyone else . It was unbearable for him to see another person take that place. Finding it difficult to control his growing anger, Shaurya got up and was about to walk out of the room when Aastha called him.

“Shaurya, I think you are forgetting that the teacher is still there in the class. If you want to leave you will have to ask for permission.”

Shaurya tightened his fists to compose himself and said, “Fine. I don’t find this class worth my time. Can I leave?”

“Yes. You may go.”

After Shaurya had left, Anokhi said, “How dare he say that to you? I will go right now and teach him how to behave.”

“Anokhi calm down. Both of you are angry right now. I don’t want you to do anything that you might regret later on. Remember, you should never let your anger make you act against your better judgement. Can I trust you to handle this matter in a way that befits your position as a teacher here?”

Anokhi nodded.

“Shaurya, where have you been? I have been noticing since the past few days that you are not present at the breakfast table with everyone. Kanchan was saying you leave early citing some important work and carry your breakfast with you. I inquired at all our branches but none could tell your whereabouts.” Devi asked when Shaurya entered Sabharwal house that day.

“Well Badimaa, I have embarked on a special mission.”

“Mission? Don’t tell me you have joined IB or RAW.” Shaan came and asked.

“No Dad. I have actually enrolled in KICAS.”

“What?” Devi got the shock of her life. She had so far succeeded in keeping Aastha away but now Shaurya has himself gone to her. “What is the need to go there? Shaurya, you know how cunning the woman is. She will try to use you to destroy us.”

“Don’t you trust me, Badi maa? She is trying to ruin our reputation using her institute. So I have decided to expose her and for that I have to go there and be a part of her institute. Only then will we be able to find out their weak points.”

“What has she done that makes you think she is trying to ruin our reputation? She is your mother. She will never try to do anything to hurt you.” Shaan said.

“You can never see her faults so it’s no use talking to you. If she had been so concerned about my feelings, she would never have left. All she cares about is her own happiness.”

“Please Shaurya, leave them alone. I don’t feel the Sabharwals have any reason to feel threatened by a small cooking school.” Shaan tried to reason.

“Yes Shaurya. You should just ignore them.” Devi said.

“No, Shaurya is doing the right thing. I have said time and again that in business you have to be cutthroat. They have challenged us, they will have to pay the price.” Tej came and declared.

“Thank you Badepapa. I knew you would support me.” Shaurya said, gratefully.

Tej smiled, putting a hand on Shaurya’s shoulders. “Now go and freshen up. We will be waiting at the dinner table.”

After Shaurya left, Devi went to him and said. “I don’t want Shaurya anywhere near that woman. What if she tries to poison his mind against us?”

“Don’t you have any faith in your upbringing? Shaurya will not believe a word of what she says.”

“But Tej..”

Tej stopped her with a gesture of his palm. “She has dared to step into our territory despite my warning. I cannot forget the humiliation at the CM’s feast. She needs to be shown her place. And this time, our Shaurya will do it.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Aastha nervously stepped inside Sabharwal Kitchen. Shaan came and greeted her with a smile.

“I knew you would come.”

“Did you leave me with any options?”

Shaan laughed, “Let me take you to your table.”

“The restaurant looks very empty today. But I saw a board outside saying it was full.” Aastha said, taking her seat.

“That’s because all our staff will be at your service today. After all, you are my special guest.” Shaan said.

Aastha raised her eyebrows. “But I never drive away all my customers when you are there. This is not right, Mr. Shaan.”

“Just Shaan. Please don’t add the “mister”.

“Okay. Listen, I agreed to come here because you blackmailed me saying otherwise you would never come to our cafe.”

“Yes, I know. Let’s order the food first. Here is the menu.”

Aastha frowned looking at it, “Why is there no price mentioned?”

“So that you don’t open your purse. I knew you would try to pay the bill. ”

“You are impossible, Shaan.”

“I wanted to give you a gift in return for teaching me your awesome recipes.”

“It was enough of a gift for me that you perfected my recipes in such a short time. I feel so good when someone wants to learn from me. I not only love cooking, I want to make others love it too.” Aastha said, while going through the menu.

“So tell me. Did you agree to come here because you didn’t want to lose a customer or was it because you would miss seeing me.”

Aastha was caught unawares by this question. She didn’t know what to answer.

“The way you are blushing, I am sure it is the latter. That is why I have come up with a permanent solution.” Shaan then took out a small box and held it open before her. A solitaire ring spread its aura all around. “See, I am not very good at speaking long lines. All I want to say is that I love you Aastha. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you like to marry me?”

Aastha immediately got up, looking all flustered, “I am sorry. That’s not possible. I think I should leave now.”

Shaan caught her hand, “Just calm down. Everyone is looking at us. I am sorry if I offended you in any way. The food is on its way. Please have it before you leave.”

Aastha looked around and saw the waiters’ curious faces. Then she sat down. “I am sorry, I overreacted.”

“But what is the matter? Is there someone else in your life?”

“It is not that. The thing is, we both belong to completely different backgrounds. You are way above us in status and position. There is simply no match.”

“Aastha, everything cannot be measured with money and status. You have a lot more than that. You have talent whose value cannot be calculated using money. Let’s even keep that aside. What matters most for me is that I love you. Look into my eyes, Aastha and tell me that you don’t love me the same way.”

Aastha looked up to meet his eyes and said, “Like every other girl in college, I too had a crush on you. But I knew you were way beyond my reach. So I made my stupid heart understand and focussed on my studies. I thought that crush had gone away but was surprised to see it make an appearance when I saw you again at my cafe that day. Then slowly, as we interacted more, I don’t know when exactly that crush turned to love.”

“I knew it. You would not be able to resist my goofy charm. So where’s the problem?”

“Let me finish first. Love is not everything, Shaan. I have my Bauji’s responsibility on my shoulders. Ever since Beeji left us, he has played the role of both my father and my mother. Today, he needs me. Our small cafe is the only source of income for my father and me. I have to give almost all my time and attention to it. I don’t want to get married now and divide my priorities.”

“If you trust me enough, give me some time. We will surely find a way out of this. Food is here. Let’s eat first. I’m starving.”

When Shaan returned to Sabharwal Kitchen after seeing Aastha off, Tej walked up to him and putting his hand over his shoulders, said, “I heard your conversation. You did a great job. Now leave the rest to me.”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“May I come in, Madam.” Shaurya said, standing outside the door of Anokhi’s office.

“Yes please. I was waiting for you.” Anokhi said, lifting her eyes from the files lying in front. Then she picked up the box of chocolates kept on the table and said, “I didn’t want to create a scene outside and therefore had to call you here. Mr. Sabharwal, I respectfully decline your offer of friendship. You can take back your chocolates.” She extended them towards him.

Shaurya looked at the box and said, “Did your Aastha Mam ask you to return them? Well, it was expected of her.”

“No, Aastha Mam doesn’t know anything about it, but I don’t want to be friends with someone who doesn’t respect her.”

“Let me tell you something Miss Bhalla, I respect those who deserve respect. Your Aastha Mam doesn’t. If you knew about her past deeds, you would also lose all the respect you have for her.” Shaurya said, taking the box.

“Look Mr. Sabharwal. I don’t know what is the issue between Aastha Mam and you. But you are a student here and she is the teacher. You are expected to maintain discipline and follow the decorum. I hope that you can realise that the manner in which you behaved in her class yesterday was very unbecoming of you as a student. Tell me, am I wrong?”

Shaurya shook his head in the negative.

“Good. So, can I expect better conduct from you in the future?”

“I will try not to disappoint you.”

“Good. You can keep the box back on the table and leave now.”

Shaurya put the box down and walked out, once again impressed with her mature handling of the matter.

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail + 8

Shaurya cannot just maintain or control his tongue, can he? 😆

Anokhi being boss is like so much fun.. 🤗 and set him straight... Chocolates na khane ho Anokhi ko toh send them to me😆

Shaan seems sweetheart... But kya kare... He is being part of devilish plan... Kuch nai kar sakte hai🤢

I cannot wait for Shaurya to start his mission and realize devils with whom he has stayed

AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

My my even after the initial slip anokhi handled herself like. Queen. I feel in this way Shaurya has some respect for anokhi . She used his pride to be able to be professional to make him behave

Attagal waiting for the next palat waar

Aimsha thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Smart move, you are giving the back story as well as the ongoing story line, would love to see truth unfold and sparks flying in the air and i request you to please complete this, i don't want just like dahleez ff which you left incomplete because the show wrapped up so soon, will wait eagerly for the next update please do

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: shahsb_26

Shaurya cannot just maintain or control his tongue, can he? 😆

Anokhi being boss is like so much fun.. 🤗 and set him straight... Chocolates na khane ho Anokhi ko toh send them to me😆

Shaan seems sweetheart... But kya kare... He is being part of devilish plan... Kuch nai kar sakte hai🤢

I cannot wait for Shaurya to start his mission and realize devils with whom he has stayed

Nahi, especially with certain people he just can't control which will make his task all the more difficult.

Shaurya wants to teach the women a lesson but they will first teach him a lesson or two. Anokhi needs to be extra smart to tackle over smart people. 😉

Shaan is very soft at heart as Tej said. He doesn't want to hurt anyone. Especially the brother he is indebted to.

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnjuRish

My my even after the initial slip anokhi handled herself like. Queen. I feel in this way Shaurya has some respect for anokhi . She used his pride to be able to be professional to make him behave

Attagal waiting for the next palat waar

Yes, despite being so much younger she knows how to tackle unruly students. 😆 Her mind has got a clear direction about what she wants to do.

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aimsha

Smart move, you are giving the back story as well as the ongoing story line, would love to see truth unfold and sparks flying in the air and i request you to please complete this, i don't want just like dahleez ff which you left incomplete because the show wrapped up so soon, will wait eagerly for the next update please do

Read on. A lot of backstory is left. I hope you will like it. Dahleez forum closed abruptly so I had to discontinue and then I lost interest.

Thanks for your feedback. Will update soon.