Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Idiotboxer thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: shahsb_26

Ohh wow! There are four chapters already... Will be back soon! Also can you send me PMs if possible and not too much of trouble 🤗 I am little less active around...

Hey Sejal. Missed you. Will be waiting for your feedback.😳

@bold: Sure. Even I am not posting anything here other than updating the FF.

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Chapter 5

Some thirty years ago in an obscure corner of Chandigarh was this humble food joint named Kashyap’s Cafe. It was run by a father and daughter.

“Can I have another plate of chhole kulche, please?” Shaan asked the person sitting at the counter.

“Sure Sir, just five minutes.” Saying this, the man went inside.

“Please control Shaan. You have already finished two plates. I hope you remember that you will have to attend your brother’s anniversary dinner later tonight. Leave some space in your tummy.” One of Shaan’s friends remarked.

“I am sorry but I cannot control. This is the best food I have ever tasted.” Shaan said,

“So now you agree that their chhole kulche is even better than the ones served at your restaurant. Now give me my 100 bucks”, said another friend.

Shaan took out a fresh Rs 500 note from his wallet and handed it over to his friend. “You deserve more than 100 bucks for introducing me to this food heaven. Had your hands not been so dirty, I would have even kissed them.”

“Eww, please don’t. If you really want to kiss someone’s hands, it should be of the person who prepared this food.”

Soon the man arrived with another plate of chhole kulche.

“Thank you sir. If you don’t mind, can I meet your cook?” Shaan asked.

“Actually it is my daughter who cooks everything. She is a bit busy right now with so many customers. I will go and see if she can free herself for a minute.”

“There is no hurry. I will wait. Your daughter is an extraordinary cook. I mean, I have not tasted better food than this. And I say this as one of the owners of Sabharwal kitchen.”

The man’s eyes shone with pride. “That is really a big honour for me and my daughter. She has been cooking since the age of ten, when her mother passed away. I don’t know how and when she turned it from a daily chore into her passion. She loves experimenting with food and every preparation we serve here has a unique recipe that she has painstakingly invented. Cooking is like a form of art for her. You will understand what I am saying when you see her at her craft.”

Just then a girl arrived with a tray of food and said, “Bauji, the customers at table number four had asked for aloo ke parathe, right?”

“I am so sorry. I was about to get them but Mr. Sabharwal here wanted to meet you. You talk to him. I will go and serve them.”

Shaan looked at the girl and found her face to be familiar. “Aastha, right? Weren’t you our junior in college?”

Aastha smiled a little and said, “Yes. I was an undergraduate student there.”

“So you didn’t pursue masters?”

“No, I had to discontinue after bachelors as Bauji suddenly lost his job. We started this small eatery to make ends meet.”

“Your eatery may be small but your food is out of this world. No dish of Sabharwal Kitchen can compete with your humble chhole kulche. Here, take this as a token of appreciation for your art.” Shaan extended a 1000 Rs note towards her.

“I am sorry, but I can’t take any money over the actual price of the item. It is against my principles. Please don’t take it otherwise. The satisfaction on your face is enough as a prize for my hard work.”

……………………………………………………………………………..................................................................

“If I am not wrong you are Shaurya Sabharwal, one of the owners of Sabharwal kitchen.”

Shaurya turned around hearing a female voice. It was a beautiful young woman in her mid twenties. She extended her right hand and said, “Hello, I am Shagun Kapoor.”

“Nice to meet you, Miss Kapoor. Yes, I am Shaurya Sabharwal. How did you recognise me?”

She was about to answer when someone appeared at the door. Shaurya looked in that direction and saw that it was Anokhi. She entered the classroom and greeted everyone.

“Good morning students, let me introduce myself. I am Anokhi Bhalla. I have recently joined as a teacher here. I shall be taking your class on Punjabi cuisine. As this is your first day, I would like to take you on a tour of the institute. Please keep your belongings here and follow me with just a notebook and pen. Call me old fashioned but I do not want to see anyone taking notes on their cell phones or ipads. ”

“I can’t believe this. Now a kid will give us cooking lessons.” Shaurya muttered.

“Don’t go by her size. She is the one who calls the shots here. After all she has been groomed by Aastha Mam herself. She is her unofficially adopted daughter.” Shagun whispered.

“What?” Shaurya was a bit loud with the question which drew Anokhi’s attention.

“Mr. Sabharwal, do you have any doubts?”

“Just that a teenager has enough acumen to teach at such a reputed institute. How old are you, nineteen?” The mockery dripping from his words surprised Shaurya himself. He was driven by some unexplained malice and jealousy that seemed beyond his control. He could see Anokhi’s jaw stiffen for a moment.

“Even I have a doubt, Mr. Sabharwal. Have you really come here to learn something?” Anokhi said, looking him straight in the eye.

Shaurya felt that her gaze could pierce his soul and find its deeply buried secrets. He quickly looked away.

Getting no answer, Anokhi said, “You know what Mr, Sabharwal, before anything else you need a lesson in humility. If you honestly care to learn something, you should begin with learning to give the minimum respect that a teacher deserves from a student. And for your information, I am twenty one.” Saying this, Anokhi left the room followed by the other students.

Shaurya looked inside his bag but couldn’t find a pen. He was searching all the pockets when Anokhi returned and asked in an irritated tone, “Do you need some special invitation?”

Shaurya suddenly spotted a pen peeking from Shagun’s bag. He hastily pulled it out and walked towards the door. Desperate times call for desperate measures!

……………………………………………………………………………………...................................................

“Hello, would you mind if I come in?” Aastha was surprised to find Shaan Sabharwal saying these words standing at her door.

Aastha was a bit hesitant, “Mr. Sabharwal. What brings you here so early in the morning. Bauji is not at home right now.”

“So you plan to have the entire conversation keeping me standing here. Fine, I will manage. I can understand that you won’t trust a stranger enough to invite him in even though I was your senior at college.” Shaan said, giving his most captivating smile.

“I am sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you. Please come in.” Aastha moved aside to give way.

As Shaan entered, she asked, “Is there anything I can do for you?”

Shaan then did something that was totally unexpected. He got down on both his knees and said, “I have a request. Will you take me as your disciple? I want to learn the art of making the perfect chhole kulche.

Aastha started laughing at his antics. “Yes I will. But please get up immediately. It is very embarrassing.”

“Thank you so much. So when can you start teaching me?”

“Right away if you want. You are welcome to our modest little kitchen.” Aastha showed him the way.

“I wouldn’t mind if you could teach me some of your other recipes as well.” Shaan said, going inside.

Edited by Idiotboxer - 3 years ago
AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Shaurya is too big for his boots ..he needs to be taken down a peg or two ...

Glad anokhi gave a dignified response without crossing a line

There seem to lot of parallels btw astha Shaan and saakhi..but end I guess will be diff

Is shagun grey or positive ?

So shaurya is j of anokhi for being his ammas unofficially adopted child..I guess it is normal as he does not take it negatively

The story is going great ..stay safe

GHKPM thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Haihhh...history does repeat itself💖😊...both father & son have become students 😅...both want to know the secret of Aastha's skills...now Shaan looks like a typical majnu but what is Shaurya up to🤔...interesting

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail + 8

I loved reading every chapter... They are short though🤪 but I am always craving for more... 😆 so no worries...

But loved the plot line.. It brings little of old flavor too... Monty, Shaurya jealous of Anokhi and everything is perfectly balanced.. Ooh and we might also get ShaStha love story here I can imagine their younger versions doing these antics... Astha has turned her chores in to passion.. Loved the description!

Anokhi giving back to Shaurya and the whole role reversal thing is so much fun! I am definitely looking forward to ShaKhi and ShaStha's journey in your story..

Edited by shahsb_26 - 3 years ago
Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnjuRish

Shaurya is too big for his boots ..he needs to be taken down a peg or two ...

Glad anokhi gave a dignified response without crossing a line

There seem to lot of parallels btw astha Shaan and saakhi..but end I guess will be diff

Is shagun grey or positive ?

So shaurya is j of anokhi for being his ammas unofficially adopted child..I guess it is normal as he does not take it negatively

The story is going great ..stay safe

He he. Here Anokhi is going to literally teach Shaurya some important lessons.

Shagun is a peripheral character here but not negative.

I hope you will love the upcoming chapters.😳

Edited by Idiotboxer - 3 years ago
Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: GHKPM

Haihhh...history does repeat itself💖😊...both father & son have become students 😅...both want to know the secret of Aastha's skills...now Shaan looks like a typical majnu but what is Shaurya up to🤔...interesting

Thanks for the comment.

Even I don't know Shaurya's plan. 😆

Keep reading

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Thanks you. Hope you will keep enjoying.😳

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: shahsb_26

I loved reading every chapter... They are short though🤪 but I am always craving for more... 😆 so no worries...

But loved the plot line.. It brings little of old flavor too... Monty, Shaurya jealous of Anokhi and everything is perfectly balanced.. Ooh and we might also get ShaStha love story here I can imagine their younger versions doing these antics... Astha has turned her chores in to passion.. Loved the description!

Anokhi giving back to Shaurya and the whole role reversal thing is so much fun! I am definitely looking forward to ShaKhi and ShaStha's journey in your story..

Thanks. I keep the chapters short as they give me time.

Glad to know you are enjoying it.

Shastha love story is a little different from saakk. You will know in the next chapter.

Keep reading.👍🏼

Manju1066 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Awesome loved it .looking forward to the next chapter.💕💕