Users

Frequent Posters

Idiotboxer thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: AnjuRish

Already he is on anokhis bad side due to attitude I guess

Will.astha tell anokhi about the past

I guess anokhi so that person who has kept astha sane after the betrayals in her life and perhaps her weakness and strength

Waiting to see how all three collide

Since Anokhi is in a position of authority, she is bound to get miffed with Shaurya's arrogance.

Yes, Anokhi is Astha's biggest support system and vice versa.😳

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Manju1066

Loved it.looking forward to the next chapter 😁💕

Thank you. Please keep reading and give your feedback.😊

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Chapter 4

Aastha tiptoed towards the administrative office and hid herself behind a wall. She peeped from behind it, her eyes frantically searching for the only person in the world who shared her blood. There he was. His tall frame leaning against a pillar. His entire attention was focused on the book he was reading. She could only see the side profile of his face but that was enough for her to recognise him.

Two decades ago, circumstances forced her to break all ties with the Sabharwals. But certain ties are impossible to break. Drawn by some irresistible pull, she would often find herself standing outside Shaurya’s school, waiting to catch a glimpse of him. Unable to meet him directly, she would desperately look out for every little piece of information that she could get about him. When she came to know about social media, the first profile she checked was that of Shaurya. Her heart swelled with pride when she read about his achievements in the news portals or found his picture gracing the front cover of a magazine. But she would immediately chastise herself for holding onto the illusion that she was his mother. She had herself given him away. She had no rights on him.

“What are you doing here?”

Anokhi’s voice startled Aastha and she turned around, “Shh…Don’t shout”

“Why? On whom are you spying? Shaurya Sabharwal?” Anokhi asked.

“No one. But why are you spying on me?” Aastha asked, trying to divert the question.

“You are behaving very weird today. And I am sure it has something to do with that..”

Aastha didn’t let her complete. “No I am not. You didn’t want anyone to see me like this and that is why I had to hide. I wanted to see what this year’s batch looked like, that's all.” Seeing Anokhi still looking at her suspiciously, she said, “I am really tired with all the work. I think I should take a break for today. When you are done with all the interviews, just mail me the transcript and the final list.” Aastha left hurriedly before Anokhi could ask any more questions.

Shaurya looked at his watch. It was almost 1 p.m. He should call up Badi maa and inform her that he won’t be able to join her for lunch. Just then he noticed Anokhi coming his way.

“Congratulations Mr. Sabharwal. You have been selected. Welcome to KICAS.” she said, extending the call letter.

“Thank you Miss Bhalla. You don’t know how much it means to me.”

“I hope you have gone through the prospectus thoroughly. We have flexible timings for classes as some of the students are also working professionals. I can see that you have selected the morning sessions. The morning session starts from 8:30 sharp and we expect the students to be there on time. Is that clear with you?”

“Don’t worry Miss Bhalla. I will be there before time.” Shaurya said confidently.

“Well, it is you who will have a cause for worry if you don’t.” Anokhi said sternly and left.

The next morning, when Shaurya entered KICAS, he was greeted with the sight of a girl struggling to walk while carrying a pile of books. Her face was almost hidden behind the books but he could guess from the stature and figure that it was Miss Bhalla.

Suddenly he saw that she was approaching the steps. Scared that she would lose her balance and fall, Shaurya ran to help her. But unfortunately, he could not control his own speed and collided with the pile of books. The impact made Shaurya, Anokhi and the books surrender to gravity.

“What the hell, can’t you use your eyes while walking? You have literally soiled all the books. These were meant to be distributed among the students. Now from where shall I bring another set of books.” Anokhi was very upset.

“Who asked you to carry a pile of books taller than your own height? I thought you were going to stumble over the step and that is why I ran to help you.”

“Thank you for being so considerate, Mr. Sabharwal. Just a small piece of advice. The next time you run to help people, make sure your accelerator and brakes are functioning properly.” Anokhi said, picking up the books.

“I am sorry. I will pay you for the books.” Shaurya said, seeing the damaged books.

“That’s very thoughtful of you but no thanks. You didn’t do it intentionally. I will go and check in the library, there might be some old copies with which we will manage for the time being.”

Shaurya was surprised at her maturity. She is not as full of herself as he had thought.

“Should I come along in case you need any help?” He asked.

“No, go and attend your class. You shouldn’t be late for the welcome address by our founder.” Anokhi said and left.

“Gosh, for a girl so tiny, she has the attitude of a headmistress. Only thing missing is a pair of broad rimmed glasses.” Shaurya thought, amused.

Aastha was pacing up and down in her office restlessly trying to give herself a pep-talk.

“I can do it. It is not at all difficult. Perhaps he doesn’t even remember me. I am nothing but a stranger to him. And now I'm going to be like any other teacher for him. So I will have to act as if he is just another student. It’s that simple. I can face him. I only have to be cool.”

“What is wrong with you?”

Aastha turned towards the door hearing Anokhi’s admonishing tone.

“I was at the library when Sushma came and informed me that you have not yet reached for the welcome address. It’s already 8:45. The students are waiting for you. Do I have to keep track of everything here? Tell me who is the director of this institute. You or me?” Anokhi said, getting impatient.

“I am, but I was thinking that it’s time I should hand over the responsibilities to you and go back to Kapurthala. You can see that I am just not made for this job. I am happy with my cooking.”

Anokhi narrowed her eyes, “I seriously think you should fix another appointment with the counsellor. This time for yourself. Now come with me.”

Shaurya was sitting among the students, waiting for the director to arrive. He was quietly bracing himself to come face to face with the woman who gave birth to him but ran leaving him and his Dad behind. It was going to be difficult but he had to do it, for the sake of his family, his Bade Papa and Badi Maa, the people he loved dearly. And for this woman, he felt nothing but hatred.

The sudden commotion brought him out of his thoughts. The students got up from their seats to greet the founder and director of KICAS, Aastha Kashyap.

Aastha reached the podium and asked the students to sit. Her eyes ran through the batch of students and for a moment lingered on Shaurya. No, it was not at all easy. The deluge of emotions that hit her at that instant threatened to drown her senses. The emotions that she had locked away in a corner. There was pain, guilt, regret, affection, happiness, and so many other feelings which she couldn’t even name. With great effort she maintained her composure and started her speech.

“Dear students, welcome to KICAS. We are delighted to make you a part of our institute. You may have come from different professions, different family backgrounds, different communities but it is the love for cooking that has united you all and brought you under this roof. I am sure you will enjoy….”

Shaurya could barely hear what she was saying. His mind was crowded by memories from his childhood days, when his world revolved around her. Wherever she went, he would follow behind. And then one day she suddenly left, saying she would return soon, but she didn’t. She completely forgot about the little boy who would stare at the door for hours, waiting for her. He had his Dad, his Badi maa, Bade Papa and others in the family who would look after all his needs, shower him with love and attention but none could fill the void that this one person’s absence created. With time, he had toughened himself. If she could forget him, so could he. And he thought he had succeeded until today. All of a sudden, his vision became foggy. The mist from his eyes had covered his glasses.

Aastha had finished her speech by then. She got down and walked towards the exit before stealing a quick glance at Shaurya who was busy wiping his glasses.

Aimsha thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Emotional one, will wait eagerly for the next update

AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Very emo ...not having a parent by unr side can be terrible. Looks like he does have abandonment issues

Glad his hate is not yet towards anokhi ??

Waiting to see mother and class clash ? Waiting for anokhi and shaurya to clash too.

Hope anokhi does have empathy to see both sides

Waiting for Shaan to own up his share of mistakes

GHKPM thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Oh wow this is interesting, he has decided to join their institute...didnt expect that...lots of baggage on both sides...looking forward to see how all unfolds...

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail + 8

Ohh wow! There are four chapters already... Will be back soon! Also can you send me PMs if possible and not too much of trouble 🤗 I am little less active around...

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aimsha

Emotional one, will wait eagerly for the next update

Thank you for your feedback. Keep reading.😊

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnjuRish

Very emo ...not having a parent by unr side can be terrible. Looks like he does have abandonment issues

Glad his hate is not yet towards anokhi ??

Waiting to see mother and class clash ? Waiting for anokhi and shaurya to clash too.

Hope anokhi does have empathy to see both sides

Waiting for Shaan to own up his share of mistakes

Yes, he has some abandonment issues but not as strong because Shaan is not as negligent father as in the show.

He definitely doesn't hate Anokhi.

Shaan owning up will take time.

Keep reading and sharing your views.😳

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: GHKPM

Oh wow this is interesting, he has decided to join their institute...didnt expect that...lots of baggage on both sides...looking forward to see how all unfolds...

Thanks. Hope you will enjoy it.