Cried watching a movie after ages - KARNAN on Prime Video 💔💔💔

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 2 years ago

The best film of the year. So far it was The Great Indian Kitchen, but this movie took it to the next level. Oscar worthy film, and that's still an understatement. It is what Article 15 tried to be but failed.

I am unable to control my tears after watching this. 

Karnan Movie posters Photos: HD Images, Pictures, Stills, First Look  Posters of Karnan Movie posters Movie - FilmiBeat

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rocky212 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This has amazing reviews so I cant wait to watch it. I'll save it for a day I want to watch something sad though. Some movies are so intense they end up effecting me the whole day (or week sometimes). 

Serendipity.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

It was a heart wrenching watch!!! I am sure a lot of rural towns must be facing the issues that was highlighted in the movie.

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Serendipity..

It was a heart wrenching watch!!! I am sure a lot of rural towns must be facing the issues that was highlighted in the movie.

After watching the film, I learnt that it was based on a true story and that just broke my heart.

Police brutality movies always shake me up because I realize they always prey on the vulnerable and misuse their power.

Equine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

I just made a topic on Karnan, and now I see you already made it😁.

Anyways, it's a modern masterpiece. Both in the terms of content and as a  cinematic experience 

Edited by Equine - 2 years ago
Equine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

After watching the film, I learnt that it was based on a true story and that just broke my heart.

Police brutality movies always shake me up because I realize they always prey on the vulnerable and misuse their power.

That's the thing. It's not just abt police brutality. It's the systemic generational oppression by tge privilaged castes which was aided by the police at tge end. This movie is  loosely based on kodiyankulam riots in 1995. The dominant caste were jealous of the Vellar community bcoz many of them got jobs in Gulf and US and the families are prospering abd are no longer dependant on the privilaged castes for their livelihood.  The police attack is much more brutal in reality. 600 police entered the village under tge guise of searching for an murder suspect. and ravaged the community for 6 hours . Can u imagine ?? They ofcourse, beat up and humiliated the people, then the police destroyed tgeir property, stole the jewellery and money, and burned up the passports of tge youth in the bonfire. This was depicted in the movie when a policeman  destroyed tge girl's academic certificates. The police even poisioned the well with pesticides. I don't understsnd why this attack was diluted in the movie. Its my only beef with the movie. They only showed that tge attack was due to the corrupt cop . But, here they should have highlighted that the police were acting under the instructions of the dominant caste.  In the movie, they even showed that the bus owner was quick to forgive tge village, which was unrealistic. The makers shouldn't have shied away from showing it as the casteist issue , rather than just a miffed cop issue.