What are your opinions on Anushka Sharma?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

I personally find her one-note as an actress. But she is beautiful and has electric screen presence.

I liked her in Rab Ne Bani Di Jodi, NH10, Dil Dhadakne Do, Pari, and Sui Dhaaga.

However, I must say I really admire the way she has opened her own production house and is giving work to outsiders. That's her way of giving back to the industry which has given her so much, I feel - and it is highly commendable.

She is walking the talk, unlike someone like Kangana who goes on and on about nepotism but never bothers to counter it in any productive way.

Thoughts/opinions on her?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Preity Zinta 2.0. Can only do bubbly, urban woman roles.

But yeah, she is giving opportunities to outsiders.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

^ almost if saying ALL urban women are the same. There are thousands of different types of "urban women". It's all in the nuances, and that's where Anushka Sharma EXCELS at. 

For anyone who knows anything about the craft of acting will notice these things, casual moviegoers will say "she only do bubbly types role lolz". But the answer is nope.

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi // Jab Tak Hai Jaan // Matura Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola // PK // NH10 // Ae Dil Hai Mushkil // Pari // Jab Harry Met Sejal were all wonderful displays of acting. And yes even Sejal was a wonder, albeit with inconsistent writing. 

I thought she was awful in Sui Dhaaga and I have no comments on Zero.

I miss her ❤️

Ktptalks thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

I personally find her one-note as an actress. But she is beautiful and has electric screen presence.

I liked her in Rab Ne Bani Di Jodi, NH10, Dil Dhadakne Do, Pari, and Sui Dhaaga.

However, I must say I really admire the way she has opened her own production house and is giving work to outsiders. That's her way of giving back to the industry which has given her so much, I feel - and it is highly commendable.

She is walking the talk, unlike someone like Kangana who goes on and on about nepotism but never bothers to counter it in any productive way.

Thoughts/opinions on her?

I absolutely agree with you...she has a production house which has given  actors, director chance especially in NH10...even she must have faced nepotism but she never played victim card...she had never bad mouth about anyone...and she gets along with every of her co stars... Worked with the 3 khans on her own merit...on top of all these she can act...i love how she handles herself..

MaxMayfield thumbnail

Literally hold no opinion about her. 

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3

Talented, has great taste and is a trailblazer. Lacks consistency but when she shines, she really hits it out of the park. She carried JTHJ and livened up proceedings in an otherwise very zzzzz film. She was excellent in Pari, BBB and NH 10

She was terrible in Sejal, Zero and a bit OTT in ADHM

Her real talent is sniffing out a good script, which she has managed to utilize to the fullest through her production house

Just for putting her money on a quality gem like Paatal Lok she deserves a lot of credit. Just brilliant.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

She’s needed facial re reconstruction surgery for sometime 😆

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

^ almost if saying ALL urban women are the same. There are thousands of different types of "urban women". It's all in the nuances, and that's where Anushka Sharma EXCELS at. 

For anyone who knows anything about the craft of acting will notice these things, casual moviegoers will say "she only do bubbly types role lolz". But the answer is nope.

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi // Jab Tak Hai Jaan // Matura Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola // PK // NH10 // Ae Dil Hai Mushkil // Pari // Jab Harry Met Sejal were all wonderful displays of acting. And yes even Sejal was a wonder, albeit with inconsistent writing. 

I thought she was awful in Sui Dhaaga and I have no comments on Zero.

I miss her ❤️

Yeah sure. She can do the navarasas within the context of bubbly, urban woman.

Put her in any other circumstance, give her a different characterization, she falters. Even that limited role of Winnie Diaz in Sanju where she is playing an urban professional but not exactly Indian brought out her weaknesses.

She is limited as an actress. Extremely.

Not denying her screen presence, though. Eyes are drawn when she comes on.

As a person, she seems to have a backbone. As a producer, she is experimenting and giving roles to fresh faces, so kudos to her.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Not keen on her as an actress but she has screen presence.  It's hard to ignore her even when it's a pointless role like the one in Dil Dhadakne Do.  Personality wise she's a bit of both annoying and charming .  I like how confident she is.  She pulls off 'empowerment' without much drama , as far as I know.  Oh and she's cute.  Even after that awful surgery that left her duckfaced, I found her cute.  A very endearing smile.  

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I love her. She is one of the very few people in bollywood I love. She is honest but not trashy. She stands for her beliefs and they are not PR issues, they are her issues. She is not the prettiest, nor the most talented. But she is smart. She has a successful production house which other actresses only dream about and never accomplish. I also love how she chose a man outside of all the bollywood men. They are a super couple and it's awesome