Alka Yagnik or Shreya Ghoshal: The better singer?

Poll

Who is a better singer acc. to you?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

For me, I love Shreya Ghoshal's voice quality more but as singers, they're both pretty darn awesome. Can't choose!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I personally think if Alka and Shreya started in the industry around the same time, Shreya would've dominated ðŸ˜Ž

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Shreya. Her voice is magical. Alka is good as well. I just never found anything unique about her voice or singing. She fit in with her time. 

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: bollyqueen0

I personally think if Alka and Shreya started in the industry around the same time, Shreya would've dominated ðŸ˜Ž

I don't think so. If we look at the late 80s and early 90s, Alka was leading the way when it came to softer vocalists. The high pitched songs were done by Kavita Krishnamurthy and Anuradha Paudwal. Shreya would've done those songs. Alka's songs would've remained unaffected.

Maybe later 90s stuff like Chamma Chamma type of bangers Shreya could've suited, but all the early/mid 90s love songs from Saajan to Kuch Kuch Hota Hai were all Alka's territory.

Overall, in my opinion, who is better? It's impossible to choose. They are both 100% stunning singers. Heavenly voices. Alka's vocals in Taal Se Taal Mila is straight from the heavens above.

Shreya's vocals in Ghoomar is equally epic. Shreya does also benefit from being active in this era where music production techniques are so refined and just take her vocals up a notch. Alka had that with AR Rahman. These two are in the Top 5 of all-time, along with Lata and Asha. Hard to pick #5.