Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mysticltales111 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Hellooooo Guysssssssss....

Hope you and your family all are Safe and Sound amidst the rising Covid Tsunami in India. Stay in and Stay Safe โ€“ Guysss!!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

So Yup here I am with another back to back update of HW3.0.

Okiess.

So Seatbelts On โ€“ My Dear Readers. This is an Intense roller-coaster Ride. Winks.Also yes โ€“ a tad bit little mature content in there Too.

Word Count โ€“ Mediumโ€“ Long - 8.8K Words.โœโœ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป

Taking some hours off to just Write this Out finally has truly been my Respite in taking my Mind Off โ€“ Everything Covid! And I truly hope โ€“ that you are able to experience some distraction and entertainment through the Story Too๐Ÿค—โค๐Ÿ™

Will be Eager to know your feedback on the Same!

Thank you so very much guys* Infinity for all your Support to my Work till now! It truly means so much to me!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—โœโœโœ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป

Also, yes this is the First Draft. Please definitely ignore editing/common repition of words errors etc โ€“ since I have not proofread.

And I shall now let you all dive in without Further Delay.

Copyright Disclaimer :

Text Copyrightยฉmysticaltales11111โ„ข2020

The Moral Right of the Author has been asserted. All Rights Reserved. This Story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or transmitted/distributed in whole or in part, in any manner, whether in electronic or in hard copy, without the written consent of the author, and any infringement of this is a violation of Copyright Law.

All Rights Reservedยฎ mysticaltales11111

** If you are reading this work/story on any other platform other than Wattpad/India Forums, especially TRUYEN4U.net then you are very likely to be at a risk of a Malware Attack for these sites are Mirror sites โ€“ who are reflecting our work through a malware lens. If you wish to read this Story in its Orignal, Safe, form, please go to Wattpad/ India Forums.**

Please bring it to my Notice by Messaging me on Wattpad, where in my username is โ€“ mysticaltales11111 - if you read this Story on any other platform, apart from Wattpad/ India Forums.

TAKE 12 โ€“ ShortCircuit

Hilton โ€“ Ageas Bowl - Southampton

Hilton โ€“ Ageas Bowl - Southampton

At the Banquet Hall in the Hotel where the Mixer Is

8 : 15 PM

Arnav's POV

My eyes continue to scan the Banquet and the Mixer Party ambience around me for a couple of seconds before they finally steal another glance to the entrance of this hall in sheer anticipation and longing.Why? Because - Khushi isn't here yet.

Why isn't she here yet? She did say she'd be here on time. But its fifteen minutes over. We all as in our entire playing squad + our coaches + our support unit stepped into the hall โ€“ at 8:00 PM sharp and most of England's playing squad is here too along with most of their support unit. We'v all already exchanged the initial cordial pleasantries. Everyone's just beginning to get busy mixing around. But my heart is not in it. Not yet. It won't be until Khushi arrives.

Oh wait. As I look around now โ€“ I realise that Dr Alice plus her team pf physio assistants aren't here yet too. Maybe โ€“ Khushi just got caught up with them over something last minute?And she couldn't text me about it?

Yeah.

That's what it probably Is.

I try to distract myself by paying attention to the conversation unfolding around me in between this group of Us bowlers.We'v all been chatting up sharing the series experience with the rest of the bowlers in our player squad who did not play in the playing 11 this test series. It's our thing. We like to share our experiences. But somehow โ€“ this doesn't seem to be working well in terms of distraction for me right now. I gesture to them โ€“ that I will just be back soon, because I need to make a call. They nod at me and I head my way into a corner.

Do I need to make a call? Ofcourse not. I just need to text Khushi.

Me : Khushi..where are you? are you caught up with your Mum and her team of physio assistants on something last minute??Because all of you are the only ones who are yet to be here.

I tap send.

Thank God my phone beeps with a reply.

Her : For christ's sake...this is crazy..

I chuckle as I read that.

Me : what is crazy khushi?

Her : the fact that I just picked up my phone to text you that it will still take me about 5-7 minutes to step into the mixer โ€“ and your message came. It's crazy isn't it? And before you ask โ€“ crazy in a good way Khushi? I will say it first โ€“ yes..it's crazy bit in a good way for sure.

I smile.

Me : I like that our telepathy is cool. Okay then โ€“ so another 5-7 minutes?

Godamm My Impatient Nerves.

Her : yeah..should be there by then.I'v just got everyone worked up actually.So I got this idea last minute as we were heading into the mixer. I do wana record some live bytes with the medical/admin/support unit too to stream live in bits and pieces later on after I share the bytes from the players too on our social media handles. I mean it will be different โ€“ won't it be? Usually everyone mostly always sees/and hears about what goes on the front? Why not share a peekaboo of what goes on behind the scenes too? It will be cool โ€“ right?

I grin at that.

Me : that is super cool Khushi.So is that what you are doing? Recording their live byte?

Her : yeah. I'm having Mum and her team say something like in a candid fun coordinated way. They'r just keen on having me record in a couple of times over to check which byte is the best shot. Haha..I am about to record them for the fifth time now! They'r being so adorably nervous given that it's their first byte up on social media from our official handles.

I chuckle as I read that.

Me : okay..no worries Khushi. You take care of that.And be here soon.K? I am waiting to see you.

Her : Waiting to see you too.okayy getting on with it. They are all set to give another shot.

I grin and I put my phone back in my pockets and decide to fetch myself a drink from the bar counter before heading back to join the conversation I was in. I order myself โ€“ that Scotch I like.It will probably serve as a handy distraction as I give you all a fair glimpse of the real reason why I am feeling this impatient to see โ€“ Khushi right now.

So. Yeah. Yeah โ€“ I know โ€“ you all know โ€“ I am the impatient one.Etc Etc. That's just how I roll. But No - this moment right now โ€“ isn't just about that usual shade of my impatience. This moment right now has everything to do โ€“ with the bit of a realisation โ€“ that has kind of Shot Circuited โ€“ all the wires and electric currents in my brain and being โ€“ ever since the minute it hit me thirty minutes ago.

Why do I call this realisation a Short-Circuit? Because it's affected the flow of the current of all that patience I'v been trying to hold onto for the last two weeks. Suddenly.

Ok let me give you a precontext into that bit of it first. You know in the right order. So there I was โ€“ all ready fifteen minute prior in time in my room at 7:45 PM for this Mixer โ€“ and I was talking to Mom, Dad, Akash, Di, Jiju on our family call and they were still ganging on up on me in fun that they are going to be really cross with me if I don't share a picture of Khushi and Me โ€“ tonight โ€“ with them. I haven't still shared a picture of her yet and they are all dying to see her. I'v just been having fun watching the build-up in their excitement to just get a glimpse of her. Anyways, so it was right then โ€“ Mom was all like โ€“ " Okay son...act as cheeky as you want while you are away. You are coming home in 15 days right? We are going to snatch your phone and see her pictures for ourselves...you most surely cannot stop any of us then.."

And that was when the Realisation hit me like a Rock. That my time here in the UK was nearing to an end too. Only 15 more days more until I leave. My tour is coming to an end. I go back home then for a while before we all get set for the IPL with our respective franchises.

And for the first time ever it felt like โ€“ I wasn't ready to head back home after the end of a long cricketing tour.

I covered up my expressions from giving me away to everyone on that call โ€“ with great difficulty then. Spoke to them for a couple of minutes more and then hung up.

And the minute I hung up on that call. My head, heart, my being โ€“ all of it freaking went into an overdrive. You all know me by now. I am extremely mindful about what I feel. My emotions are freaking important to me, which is why I choose to recognise and acknowledge them giving them the due credit and weightage they deserve in the apt moment of time.I like to accept what I feel. There's no point in playing Hide and Seek or go into a Tom and Jerry chase within my being. That would be like as if I'd be turning against my very own myself. And, that is just not my thing.

So anyways โ€“ the minute I processed the bit that again in my head that โ€“ I really was feeling like โ€“ that I wasn't ready to go back home yet.That I just didn't want to go back Home in fifteen days of time from now โ€“ I recognised the reason for the same. Obviously.

It was Khushi.

Plus -that thought of leaving soon was also accompanied by the emotion of me feeling like as if someone was digging a massive hole up my chest โ€“ emptying something inside off me. It was an emotion so freaking intense.It was also something I have never felt before. (Never with Roohi ever too. We were in long distance โ€“ parting was an understood factor. It never Hurt.) And here โ€“ I couldn't stand the mere thought โ€“ off leaving.

But as it sank within in me that no matter that โ€“ I will have to leave nonetheless โ€“ to get on with my prior committed duties to cricketโ€“ I just began to feel all empty within.Which again was something I have never felt before too. I was a little hurt after my break up with Roohi. But never did I feel Empty.

Never did I begin to feel like what an empty suitcase would feel. You know like how they just remain stored up in structure โ€“ all empty when you are not using it?

Yeah. Exactly like that. All hollow within.

And that empty suitcase feeling along with the feel of that freaking painful drilling machine in the works within the middle of my chest as if it were on a mission off digging a freaking borewell on a deserted land - just made me realise then and there that I'v just felt all that I have because I haven't just fallen hard and fast for Khushi.

I am probably in love with Her.

Yeah.

You read that right.

Also cancel the Probably. There's no room for that. For I just know it.

I know I am in Love with Her.

I love her. I love Khushi. And ever since this realisation struck me at 7:50 PM โ€“ its acted like that ShortCircuit because now I just feel like I am going to have a hard time being patient for Real. I just wana be with her. I can't wait to be with her. I wana feel like a Happy suitcase when I leave. Not an Empty Freaking One. And the only way I will be able to feel the former is if in my head and heart โ€“ I know that we are together.

God โ€“ my hearts bursting with all this intense emotion ever since I have realised I love her. Which is why I can't wait to see her right now โ€“ you know how they say โ€“ there something really intense about that feeling when you actually see the one you are in love with โ€“ after you realise you are in love with them?

Yeah. So that's the moment I am getting super impatient about. That's the moment I wana feel.

Godammit.Khushi. Be here already? Aren't your seven minutes over? I turn around to scan the banquet yet again eyeing the entrance. Nope โ€“ no sign of her yet.

I sip on my scotch biting back my impatient smile now. Yup.It's happening guys. The flower of Love has finally blossomed in my Heart and I am feeling delighted about it. Khushi feels like that too - you know. A beautiful gorgeous โ€“ flower in there โ€“ in my heart. My Fiore. (Fiore is Italian โ€“ for Flower)

I am right on that thought as I spot Ved come up to stand next to me as he orders the same drink as mine and asks โ€“ " All okay brother? You seem like you are deep in thought??"

I nod at him sipping my scotch โ€“ " yeah...that's because I am...Ved..."

He winks at me playfully as he whispers โ€“ "because she isn't here yet? I know you are scanning the room for her.. over and over??"

I chuckle at that as I wink at him โ€“ " yeah...I am...,"and I end up saying on reflex with an honest sincere smile โ€“ " and also because I'm just basking in the realisation that I am in love for the very first time in my life. It feels good. You'v been in love with Maahi for a while buddy โ€“ why didn't you ever tell me that this is how amazing it feels??"

Ved gapes at me in part surprise as he picks up his drink thanking the bartender โ€“ " What???? wait....?? did you just say brother ?? You are in Love??"

I nod and wink at him sipping my scotch โ€“ "yeah I am. Also, I think no part of me is surprised at that realisation for sure. I mean a part of my gut surely knew I was heading there given that from the very beginning its felt there was something about her that was like a different magnet to my being.Nothing's been the same in my emotions ever since I met her Ved. Yeah it was just 36 days ago. But the magntitude of what I feel is true. And now that I think of it โ€“ maybe its more about what you feel in the moments of time that matter?"

Ved smiles โ€“ "yeah โ€“ that's precisely what matters. Its all about what you feel at the end of the day. The heart wants what it wants..,"and he winks at me happily โ€“ " Welcome to the club โ€“ buddy..wait...are you going to tell her though?? about it??"

I sigh and I admit โ€“ "I want too obviously. Every inch of me wants to say it out to her right very now itself. But then I also do not want to rush her with my heavy duty emotions.She's got some stuff hanging around at the back of her head that she wants to talk about before we get together. So yeah โ€“ I'm just keen to make her feel more comfortable to get through with that first...so..we are going to talk tonight about us โ€“ she wants to talk - and one things for sure โ€“ I surely am going to tell her that I am feeling bummed out that I am leaving soon.Lets see how it goes from there..."

Ved nods and shoots me a supportive smile โ€“ " all the best. It will be okay. She is into you buddy โ€“ for sure...maybe she just hasn't realised how deep yet....she surely will...with some more time down the line perhaps?"

I nod โ€“ " that's exactly what I am hoping for..."

It is right then my phone beeps.

It's Khushi.

Her : Ok finally.All done. I know it took a couple of minutes extra. Stepping in โ€“ in the next sixty seconds.

I grin.I look at Ved โ€“ " come on buddy โ€“ lets go up front from where I can get a clearer view of the Enterance.."

He chuckles โ€“ " she coming?"

I wink at him โ€“ " yeah.."

He shoots me a knowing look and we share a warm chuckle and head upfront to join our squad. My eyes are glued to the entrance ofcourse.

Let's continue sipping on my Scotch in the meanwhile. Why do these last couple of seconds feel the longest?

I am in the middle of sipping my scotch down when my eyes finally spot her stepping in alongside her Mum and her team.

Oh Boy.This was a Wrong time to sip on my scotch? Why? Because I choke on it a little in the middle of my throat โ€“ the very nanosecond my eyes take in the sight of her from across.

Dammmmmmmm. Her. Woman.

The very sight of her just now has not only hit me with thunderbolts of emotion because of my prior realisation of Love

The very sight of her just now has not only hit me with thunderbolts of emotion because of my prior realisation of Love. But its also hit me with thunderbolts of electric passion and desire.

She wants to kill me. She's freaking messed up my brain's current again. I can't seem to think straight.All I can think off is the bit that there's no way I am going to be able to keep my hands off her or my lips off hers โ€“ later tonight. I just won't be able to resist her.

Yeah. She totally wants to Kill me Tonight..How do I know? That little smug smile up her lips backed with the satisfactory glee I just spotted in her eyes as our eyes locked briefly from across โ€“ tells me that's exactly what she's set out to do.Also she's totally spotted the bit of me chocking on my scotch with my eyes darkening in passion for her.

Godaammit Her.

I think I need to make a -U-Turn to the Bar again. Need to top up my single shot of scotch to Double โ€“ perhaps? For only this drink can distract me from the thought off hauling her in my arms and carrying her away to privacy โ€“ right very now.

I gesture to Ved the very same that I was heading to the bar to top up my drink and he shoots me a knowing look and grins at that and pats my arm.

I steal another look at Khushi from across as she's in the middle off meeting and greeting everyone from her support unit before I make my way back to the bar again.

Yeah.

I'm Slayed.

My phone beeps. It's Her.

Her : Heading back to the bar to top up on that scotch are we.. Arnav?

Hell Yeah. I told you all. She knows the exact affect she is having on me.

Me : Ofcourse. You know exactly what you are doing to me right now โ€“ Khushi.

Her : ahaan?? not really. What If I say โ€“ I have no clue about that โ€“ Arnav. How about you enlighten me?

Me : Godammit You. You know I am Slayed. You are killing me dammit โ€“ how do you except me to spend the next couple of hours of this mixer at all this pretend distance away from you when all I can think off..

Her : think off...what??

Me : how about I show you what I mean when we are together? Later? Tonight? When it's just us.How does that sound?

Her : Interesting...for sure...Arnav.And before you ask โ€“ Interesting in a good way right? I will say it again. Yes...interesting..in a very good..way...indeed...

I grin to myself as I ask the bartender to double up my scotch.I can totally imagine a smug smile up her face as she types me this.

Me: why can we not escape this Mixer โ€“ right very now?Khushi??

Her: because I still got some work to complete in this Mixer. You understand โ€“ don't you?we can probably step out separately and catch up โ€“ the minute I finish work โ€“ k? also yes โ€“ I am going to be around Rob for a while because I do have to take his byte along with the rest of the playing 11 players from our unit alright? I wana give you a heads up again. Whatever I am going to be talking to him is going to be only professional.K?Cool?

I sip on my scotch as I turn around in my position against the bar. I spot Wilson stealing a look at Khushi from across as she is chatting up with Andy and Adams while subtly texting me. My Insides Scowl at the sight because of the way he just looked at her. I am a Man aren't I?I know that Look. I think he is in the middle of revisiting his chemistry in the past in his head โ€“ while stealing glances at Khushi right now. Hey โ€“ don't get me wrong guys. I wana be all understanding and respectful towards their past โ€“ but at the same time given everything I'v been feeling prior tonight โ€“ a part of my head can't help but fight the urge to get into hustle with him โ€“ asking him to just freaking look away.And not reminicise in what was. He's hurt Khushi before even if its in a little way. And I won't let him โ€“ ever again.He better stay put in his position like he has all tour and not try to take a step towards her.Or else he'd have to face me.She's the one I love โ€“ afterall. She's the one my heart treasures.

Me : Arnav...you there? answer me please ? you cool with this right?

Me : yeah..okay Khushi.All Cool.Don't worry about it.

There's no need for her to know the Territorial emotions I am going through, right now. I know she's got work around him.

Her : Great...also on that note โ€“ can I say something?

Me : yes..please..

Her : You'v slayed me too.Just look at how hot and rakish you are looking.

I bite back my grin at that.

Me : keep texting me at the least as and when you can? In the middle of all of this? The only thing that will keep me going until I am alone with you.

Her : ofcourse. I will. For that's exactly what will keep me going until I am alone with you too.Text you in a bit? getting set to take bytes from Andy and Adam first and then its Brad and Rob.

Me : yeah..okay...I got my eyes on you anyway..

Her : I like the sound of that..

Me : like..or superlike?

Her : super- like..for sure...

And with that I look up to look at her and catch her stealing a glimpse back towards me too and our eyes lock intensely again briefly from across.Just a freaking eyelock with her roght now is enough to rile me up. Insane.

Oh Boy.

On moments like these โ€“ I can't help but - Thank God for the existence of Scotch.

120 Minutes Later โ€“ In the Middle of The Mixer

10:00 PM

Khushi's POV Continues

Mum takes her seat next to me on this stool by the high tables around the bar area ,which is where I am just in the middle of getting the last video bytes up from my work tablet and she asks โ€“ "please tell me you are done with all that work hun...I am kind off feeling bad that we are all relaxing now..and you are the only one working...??"

I chuckle at that as I look up from my screen momentarily and pick up my Sangria upfront and cheer it with her's in her hand โ€“ " Mum..relax..alright?my works fun. Plus its funner with my Sangria right now...look at all this amazing engagement we'v been getting up..on each of the support units/your units video bytes too not just our players...also I am almost done..this is the last one bit...going up live featuring our Dawson Sir...,"I finish with a wink.

She grins and we cheer to that again and I get back to my screen as I say โ€“ " also Mum โ€“ the idea to just show that little glimpse of both the teams players/units catching up with one another worked โ€“ for our social media handles..kinda subtly highlights the sportsmanship spirit attached to the game...,"and with that I just wait for this last bit to upload.Once its done โ€“ I switch off my tab and I say to Mum happily โ€“ " Misson accomplished for the day.."

She chuckles and kisses my forhead lovingly โ€“ " I am so proud of you hun...I mean this was your temporary fill..and you'v done such a wonderful job..just another fifteen days hun..then you can go back to your usual..."

Oh No. Mum.Don't remind me off the- Only 15 days again Bit. I dunk down my Sangria and Mum asks โ€“ " hun..all okay??"

I nod at her with a smile but before I can answer her a couple of people from our unit call her up for a talk and I say โ€“ " Mum...you carry on...I'm just going to get myself another drink..ill join you after?"

She nods and I make my way to the Bar station this time around and order myself that Sangria and while I am waiting for it โ€“ my eyes search out for Arnav. He looks up immediately from the conversation he was in the middle off with Cap, Raunak and Sameerโ€“ from across โ€“ as if he could sense the fact that I was looking out for him.

This Intense Telepathic Vibe in between of us is so Cool and Crazy at the same time. The server tells me he has got my drink ready. I turn around it it up and it is right then I hear a familiar voice behind me โ€“ " Tina...the evenings just not gone as I planned. First we could only make it here by 830 Pm and no matter how much I'v tried to get ASR's attention to talk to just me alone without Bhai's presence around โ€“ it hasn't worked.And everytime I'v tried to get his attention to look my way โ€“ has backfired too. He just seems way too occupied with that phone off his all through out, when he is not taking about cricket, or game etc. He's like glued to his phone. He's surely been on text throughout. I wonder who is that he is texting??"

I bite back my chuckle as I process that.

The answer to that would be โ€“ Me โ€“ Babe!

Ha! Guys! This is exactly where I wana say - Mission Freaking Accomplished for the evening again.

Remember how I wanted to be the only one who could potentially leave any impression on Arnav leaving no room or space or any other's woman's impression to even budge in -tonight?

Yeah?

I am so freaking glad that I managed to do just that. Because like you just heard Myra say herself โ€“ all her planned tactics haven't worked at all.Arnav hasn't been able to take his eyes off me just like I wanted. Plus, we'v been on text โ€“ so much too. Ofcourse he is preoccupied Myra.With My Thoughts.

Sorry Babe.Nothing personal against You. But a girls gotta mark her territory in subtle ways at the least.Right?

It is right then Myra and Tina spot me and they greet me and I do fall into a polite hello's casual chatter with them.

My phone beeps in two minutes.It's Arnav.Obviously.

Him : I wana come talk to you by the bar.Can I? I'll pretend not to be doing so. We can have our backs to each other maybe?

I look around. No ones here apart from Myra, Tina and Me. Everyone busy partying. The music came on. A part of the hall has been converted into an impromptu dance floor too.

Me : okay...I'd like that. But Myra and Tina?

Him : don't worry about them.I'll just tell them Sameer was calling him back there.

I bite back my chuckle.Oh poor Myra is going to be disappointed again. Oh do I feel bad for her? No. Ofcourse Not.Not at all. It's My Arnav that she was after โ€“ remember?

Me : okay..come soon..then?

Him : in a minute.

I pretend to return my attention to what Myra and Tina were talking sipping on their drinks now and I spot Myra's eyes light up as she says to Tina in a tone that is surely not a whisper โ€“ " oh wait..ASR is coming up here...do you think it's because he wants to talk to me??"

You Wish. Back Off Babe.You are just his friends sister to Him. Get that โ€“ please.

I shoot her a polite smile even though all a part of me wants to do is dunk down my Sangria on her Dress. Accidentally ofcourse.

Tina smiles at her and says โ€“ " he's almost here..we will know the same in ten seconds.."

I turn around to request the bartender to top up my drink with some ice. It is right then I hear Arnav's voice around me โ€“ " Myra..Sameer is looking out for you and Tina back there.Dinner is about to be served right? go on then.."

I see Myra's face drop a little at that as she says โ€“ "oh ..okay..,"and she and Tina leave.

I bite back my chuckle taking my seat on the stool now and Arnav says in a sift whisper after gesturing the bartender for some water โ€“ " finally...Khushi...godammit...you have no idea what a hard time I am having staying away from you all throughout โ€“ please tell me are you done with all your work? I need to talk to you.Now. Can we head out? Even if its for fifteen minutes??"

Our eyes Lock. The Electric Intensity is so intense in between of us it could combust us both. I turn around on my stool โ€“ "don't...please...don't look at me like that right now Arnav...not when we are still in this mixer...yeah..I am done with my work..yup..let's get outta here...even if its just for a little while..first? after two minutes? also have your back to me like you promised please????"

He chuckles โ€“ " alright..okay...done...,"and he plonks himself on the stool behind me and gets his back to me and says โ€“ " I am pretending to be absorbed in my phone..and its so funny though..."

I chuckle โ€“ " because actually..in reality...this is us being crazy?"

He chuckles โ€“ " crazy in a good way though right??"

I affirm him the same sipping on my drink โ€“ "in a very good way...,"and I pause on my sip as I spot a familiar figure come stand in front of me right very then.

Holy Hell.Whats Rob doing here?

I stiffen.

Arnav.He is right freaking behind me. This is awkward. Rob probably spotted the bit that its him. He just thinks its someone else minding their business because that's how it would have come across from the side he walked from ? that I was alone here sipping on my drink?

Crap.

Rob smiles at me casually โ€“ " hey โ€“ you wouldn't mind if I join you khushi? I got something to talk.Two minutes. It's important.Given that it's been all professional all throughout the evening just like it's been the rest of the tour. First thing out โ€“ you look gorgeous....,"and he asks for some water from the bartender too and I see him search my face for any reaction.

My Insides Stiffen because I think I just felt Arnav stiffen in his vibe behind me. I say immediately not giving any reaction or acknowledging his complimentโ€“ " Rob โ€“ last I checked we don't have anything personal left to talk about.Right??"

He smiles โ€“ " relax Khushi...don't get so worked up..ok? I just need to check on two things.First โ€“ is about Stella..its her wedding after this tour remember? You did RSVP back in time that you'd go to the wedding back then because I wanted us to go together โ€“although yes this was before we parted and Stella knows that we have but โ€“ she just wants me to check with you if you'd still come? She really wants you to come, Khushi"

Oh Crap. Why did I forget to cancel my RSVP?

I feel Arnav stiffen up behind me more.Godammit this is tense and awkward.

I answer sipping my drink casually โ€“ " No...Rob...I can't go...I don't want to..it would be inappropriate...everybody at your end will be there...I got no business being there...why even give anyone any other ideas?it's over okay?Why must I come at all? Look...I'll call her tomorrow and cancel..my bad that I forgot all about cancelling my RSVP prior...I am sure she will understand..."

He sighs โ€“ " alright...,"and says leaning his elbow on the counter โ€“ " so..just one more thing.I'v been wanting to talk about this for a bit.Its awkward ..maybe? but I still got some of your stuff over at my place.Those Little things โ€“ some off your accessrories,your art stuff, stationery etc from over our time together. And also that duffle bag with your stuff that you carried over on that last night when we were together.You forgot all about it given that you just walked away the morning after given whatever happened after we talked. So...Do you want it back?? I could send it over to you once I am back home..."

Oh No. He just didn't talk about this.Arnav's heard it all? Yeah the context of the situation is obvious given that he knows about my past. But still โ€“ how must he be feeling โ€“ hearing it for Real?

My phone beeps with Arnav's text.I look into my phone.

Him : Khushi...my battery is dying. I need to go up to the room to charge my phone. K? I'll be back in a while.

Me : noo...wait..don't go..please...Arnav...

And I tap send. But I do feel the space behind me get Empty which tells me that he has walked away!Godaamit. I feel sick and worried in my stomach given that I couldn't even see his face while he heard all of this.

I say immediately to Rob โ€“ " look...Rob...I don't want my stuff back.It was all little stuff...just throw it..alright??,"and I begin to get off my stool.

He shoots me a look โ€“ " you want me to throw your stuff? Rather than send it back over? Why?"

I give him a honest look โ€“ "because that would be the appropriate thing to do Rob โ€“ just throw it. It doesn't matter anymore..look...I just gotta go now.."

He nods โ€“ " okay alright.."

I begin to race my way out the banquet.Godammit. My Stilettoes. If only I could run in them. I check my phone again for his reply. There is None. He hasn't seen my message? What if โ€“ his battery really died? Either ways โ€“ I need to get to him. Now.

I bump into Stace on my way out and she asks - " whoa..where are you headed in such a rush Khushi? Also why are you so pale??"

I cover up as I answer in a rush โ€“ "that's because I need to freshen up Stace...if Mum asks where I am..tell her that will you? ill be back in twenty?"

Stacey nods.

And I head out my way quick and luckily spot an elevator opening up in front of me. I get in quick and press the button to his floor,hoping desperately that Arnav wouldn't be mad because of this.

My eyes well up a little on their own accord too.Why? Because โ€“ the feel of him walking away from behind me right now โ€“ just ignited my fear off the sight โ€“ that what if he walks away from me in Real โ€“ After. He knows my vulnerable secret?

The feel of him walking away right now only is feeling like a freaking stab.Christ help me.What am I going to feel if my worst fear comes true later?

And just like that I have an answer to that too.

I'd probably just feel what an Empty Cold Refrigerator feels perhaps? All Numb+Empty Within.With nothing but Ice and Cold breathing and living within it's walls.

In his Room

Arnav's POV

Godammit.

My Phone.

Had to freaking die on the battery right very then. I am sure Khushi replied to my text. But I haven't been able to read it yet. Given that I am still waiting for my phone to light up โ€“ now that I have finally plugged it into charge.

Note to self โ€“ Always keep a Power Bank handy. I cannot go back into the party without my phone. It's what that keeps me connected to her through-out.

I gulp down some water.But to be fair enough โ€“ its also my phone tahts saved me from some crime tonight. You know because I was clutching onto it so tight in my hand โ€“ fighting my urge to just get into a brawl with Rob โ€“ right very there. Because if I'd held onto the water glass in my hand that tight โ€“ I'd surely have hurt myself. And not that my insides were not boiling onto that point.They did. The minute I heard his voice around Khushi.

But then I realised if I hurt myself โ€“ I won't be able to freaking knock his bails off next match.

I am just about to finish gulping my water down when I hear frantic knocks on my door.

Wait.

And then I hear Khushi's frantic voice after โ€“ " Arnav...open..up...please?? you are in there...right??I know you are.Please open up.."

I run upto my door and open it up in a flash and I spot Khushi โ€“ every inch of her face twitched in worry and her eyes all welled up and she says nervously in a rush stepping inโ€“ " Arnav...I...I....,"and I close the door shut immediately and I am just about to act on impulse and pull her in my arms to hug her when she surprises me by shoving me against the door wiping another tea outta her eye โ€“ "are you mad at me? look....I am sorry that you had to hear everything that you just heard Arnav...I told him...I don't wana go to that wedding..you heard that bit didn't you? yes..wait...you were there then...you walked away after...so...I told him..to just throw my stuff if he wants too...I do not even want him to send it back to me...I don't...look......"and she wipes a tear outta her eye and continues in a worried rant โ€“ " I am so so so sorry..please don't be mad at me...are you mad at me?,"she asks again her nervous gaze searching my face.

Ofcourse Not.My Fiore. I love you. I am not mad at you.This wasn't your fault at all.And the only reason why I am stunned to silence right now is because of the display of emotion I see for myself on your face right now.Or the intense emotions I am feeling in me โ€“ for you โ€“ right now.

She asks wiping another tear outta her other eye โ€“ " will you say something? please?? say anything at all?? Don't stay silent on me...I can't take it.I can't take your silence. Please don't stay silent...this way.I am saying it again.I just can't take it. Its driving me nuts. Just like the feel of you walking away from behind me is...please Arnav...say something...anything at all..."

I act on impulse now and pull her into my arms immediately as I kiss her head firstโ€“ " shhh...shhh...relax...Khushi..I only walked away because my battery was dying..for real?okay? my phones up on charge alright??

She hugs me back all hard as she asks softly โ€“ " really? was that for real??"

I pull up now and hold her hand and walk us into the room and gesture her to see my phone and she sighs in relief and I pull her back into my arms instantly again.God โ€“ I love the feel of her in my arms this way. I admit honestly โ€“ "I am not mad at you alright?? it's not your fault โ€“ Khushi. It's not like I am unaware of your past."

She pulls up instantly and she clutches on the lapel of my blazer her eyes all intense with emotion in a way I have never seen beforeโ€“ " I wana be with you. I know I said I wanted to talk about the other stuff first and yes I do still need some more time for that. But then I realised this evening โ€“ that we don't have all that time. You are leaving in fifteen days. The thought of you leaving hits me freaking hard. I don't want you to leave. The thought of you leaving is stabbing me, butchering me โ€“ alright? to the extent that all I care about is being with you โ€“ while you are here now in the present - you tell me now โ€“ right very now dammitโ€“ Arnav โ€“ do you wana be with me too??are you okay if I address my other stuff out in talk to you later??"

Hell Yeah.

Please Note - No Orchestra's in the World can match the Tune of Sheer Bliss that went through my head right now!! Hearing her say these words back to me after all that I have been feeling tonight - is surely the best freaking Orchestra in the whole wide world. Oh she's into me too. She's heading exactly where I already am. She just doesn't know it yet.

Where the Party Tonight? Not at the Mixer ladies and gentleman.But within the walls of my Head and Heart.

Khushi gapes at me stepping back a little as she asks โ€“ "there you go again โ€“ Arnav stop doing this to me alright... why are you freaking silent again????,"and all of a sudden her face pales as she asks โ€“ " wait....do you not wana be with me??,"and she suddenly begins to run towards the door โ€“ " I need t..o...go..."

Oh Crap. I act on impulse now and run behind her and stop her from opening the door by keeping my hand on it and I turn her around by holding onto her room as I shove her against the door as I ask more so furious with myself for making her feel a presumption as silly as that even for a second โ€“ " are you crazy? Freaking crazy? Have you lost your mind Khushi? How can you even think I do not wana be with you haan?? haven't my words, or my eyes been implying the same to you for the last two weeks or all evening tonight?????????do you realise you were freaking falling for a silly presumption and yeah the reason why you sense anger in my tone right now is because I am angry at myself that I let you presume that even for a second...but I couldn't help it alright?the thought of leaving hit me like a freaking brick too Khushi โ€“ its changed every freaking alignment within the wires of my head - you'v freaking caused some major short -circuits in my being ..okay?"

I spot relief flash through her eyes instantly as she asks โ€“ " really??what do you mean??"

I admit shoving my hand in her hair pulling her face closer to mine my eyes locking with her's super intensely โ€“ " how about I show you what I mean first?and we talk later?? How does that sound haan?? I can't think straight now โ€“ now that I finally have you with me alone โ€“ I need to kiss you like I have been dying too all evening...I need to touch you like I have been dying to all evening....how does that sound?,"I ask leaning in dangerously close to her Lips.

She shoots me a little smile as she wraps her arms around my neck , lacing her hand through my hair and whispers โ€“ " that sounds fantastic....Arn..."

Do I let her get my name outta her mouth.NO.Ofcourse.

For, that is the exact moment I seal my lips over hers and finally begin to kiss her like I have been dying too probing my way into her lips.

All Bad.Deep.And Hard.

Super Hard.

The second their lips touched one another's, it was like a sudden explosion of electric intensity in between the too. Everything they had been holding back with regards to their physical attraction in the past two weeks โ€“ also broke lose.

A massive duel in between their lips began.He couldn't stop kissing her bad.She couldn't stop kissing him back as Bad too. He was kissing her like he had never kissed anyone ever before. She was kissing him like she had never kissed anyone ever before.

They both felt it. That Spark. That super intense spark that was high in voltage on both spectrums. Emotions and Chemistry. And yet at the same time โ€“ it could be aptly said that the current with which the intensity of this spark was growing could be matched to that Unstoppable Current of Raging Flood. It was Potent Moment.A potent formula of a moment โ€“ that had the potential to freeze everything around. All that mattered was the fact that they couldn't let go. They couldn't let go of each other's lips.

He didn't want to breathe.She didn't want to breathe. They were only catching up on haggered breathes from the others.

After ten minutes of wildly and madly kissing her by the door โ€“ loving the feel of her in his arms, Arnav finally picks her up by the waist and Khushi wraps her legs around him on reflex.He whispers to ask in between intense kisses, his hands caressing her all over โ€“ " you okay?? do you want me stop? I don't want to..I freaking want..more..so much more...Khushi...you'v freaking driven me insane...."

Khushi immediately begins to dominate their kiss consuming his lips with hers tightening her legs around his waist โ€“ " okay...more than okay..never been better...I don't want you to stop...dammit ...Arnav...just don't freaking stop...I superlike the feel of this dammit...your every single touch is driving me insane......"

That was all he needed to hear.

Arnav dominates their kiss now again and carries her that way into the room and places her on the bed gently and gets on top of her and Khushi pulls him close by the head for another deep kiss and she moans his name into his lips as hands begin to caress her thighs โ€“ hard shoving her dress up.

She moans his name over and over into his lips as their lips duel and caresses deepen in their urgency over her legs pulling her dress up to her. He fights back his groan as he was finally touching her in the ways he had imagined.

He tugs on the shoulder sleeve of her dress pulling it off and breaks away from her lips to trail a line of deep urgent kisses on her shoulder before he trails back another line of kisses back to her ear and asks in a hoarse whisper โ€“ " I wana take this freaking dress of You. Can I?? I wana see if my imagination has done me justice. I doubt the possibility for sure though...,"and with that he dips his head forward to trail a line of urgent kisses down her neckline and her throat.

Khushi clutches onto his hair roughly as she pulls him in for another deep kiss โ€“ first. She'd never felt herself come this alive at the touch of a man. It wasn't that she was physically inexperienced. She'd been with Rob. But never had she felt what she was feeling right now through Arnav's kisses and touch. She felt as if all the wires inside off her were freaking โ€“ short-circuiting and mixing into one another all at once.She whispers hoarsely back into his lips โ€“ " take it off me..I want you to take it off me? do you need help to tell you where the zipper is?? Also..I wana get your shirt off...now..."

Arnav chuckles at that as he breaks away from her lips reluctantly and he keeps his intense gaze locked with hers as they both work out his blazer first and then his shirt off and Arnav instantly turns Khushi around as he works down the zipper of her dress and whispers into her ears from behind kissing her ear softly - " I know exactly where that zipper is โ€“ Khushi. I'v been eyeing it all evening..."

Khushi would have chuckled happily at that if she wasn't so consumed in the electricity of the moment.She whimpers โ€“ " ahaan?? really??," and all words stay put in her mouth being displaced by moans again as she feels his trail a line or urgent kisses down her back as he peeled off her dress over her shoulders opening it deep until here midriff โ€“ where the zipper ended.

After kissing her hungrily all over her back and being driven wild by her moans for him โ€“ for the next five minutes โ€“ Arnav asks again to reconfirm placing a kiss on her shoulder from behind given that he was on top of her โ€“ " do you want me to stop?"

Khushi turns to look at him sideways as their eyes lock intensely and she whispers โ€“ " no...I don't want you to stop...Arnav.."

He kisses her briefly before he finally lose his patience and turns her around urgently and peels the remainder of her dress off her torso too having it all bundle up at her waist.And the minute he takes in the sight of her gorgeous upper body โ€“ he feels his very own breathe hitch. He acts on accord and pulls both her hands up and cages her hands over her head in his gentle grip with one hand before his other hand begins to caress her curves โ€“ slowly and sensuously. He was delighted to see them come alive at his very sight.

The amount of desire she could see in his eyes for her drove Khushi โ€“ Insane. Plus the slow and sensuous caress of his over her curves was what was combusting her even more.She whimpers wrapping her legs around his waist tight and snug and begins to get her one hand outta his gripโ€“ " I wana kiss you...I wana touch you too...dammit..."

Arnav pulls her hand back in his grip gently but does lean in to kiss her deep and hard and then his one hand returns to caress her curves all deep and hard too โ€“ making her writhe and moan under him.

The massive duel of their heated french kiss over the next seven minutes leaves them both fighting for breathes and Arnav asks into her lips โ€“ " My lips are so freaking jealous of my hands right now Khushi...they need to take over...how do you like the sound of that Khushi??"

Khushi can only whimper his name back into his lips โ€“ " superlike...arnav..yes...please...they can take over if that's what they want??"

Arnav pauses to look into her eyes intently โ€“ " hell yeah. That's freaking what they want Khushi.you tell me is that what you want? I don't want you to freaking regret a moment with me ever..."

Khushi admits cupping his face โ€“ "what I am going to regret is โ€“ not going with the flow of what I want here alright...Arnav??"

And they both lean in to kiss each other bad, deep, and hard again. All wild and mad. For another three minutes or so before Arnav finally trails a line of deep intense kisses down her throat again โ€“ and just as he was about to let his lips have his intense ways with her curves - and Khushi was heaving in anticipation of what she was going to feel over the same - Khushi's phone buzzes off with a shrill โ€“ pulling them both outta their electric intense stuper.

They both let out a curse at the same time and Arnav drops a kiss over Khushi's heart as she whispers steadying her breathe as she cups Arnav's face and makes him look at her โ€“ " it would be Mum...for sure...iv been gone a while...she'll wonder where I was....,"and she begins to get up.

Arnav nods in an instant understand and helps her pull her dress back snug in its place helping her with the zipper from behind before he quickly puts on his shirt too after. He sees Khushi get off the bed to quickly get her phone from the carpet floor โ€“ because that's exactly where it had dropped in a thud the minute Arnav had kissed her.

He walks over to her from behind putting on her blazer as he hears her answer her Mum that she just came up to the room for some work and is on her way down. He hugs her from behind all snug into his arms while she is still on that call shoving her open hair to her one side and kisses her shoulder softly.

Khushi leans into his warm embrace as she hangs up and says closing her eyes basking in the feel of his arms disappointed that she'd have to step out off it for now โ€“ " Mum says she's waiting for me โ€“ for dinner...sorry about this??"

Arnav instantly turns her around and kisses her head holding her close โ€“ " don't worry about it...k? is it still possible for us to catch up later tonight though?"

Khushi melts into the feel of his arms as she whispers kissing his shoulder over his blazer โ€“ " ill try..my best...k??"

Arnav nods and he holds her cheek snug in his right hand pulling her face up to look into his eyes โ€“ "you got your answer right? you now know โ€“ how badly I wana be with you for sure right??,"he finishes with a wink.

Khushi nods back at him and they both nod in an understanding as they say in unison exchanging a happy smile โ€“ " let's just be together...please..."

They share a warm laugh after and a happy nod.Arnav cups her face again and caresses her cheeks with his thumbs, hoping the sincerity of his gaze and tone for now given that they were short on time for the complete talk right now โ€“ " I can't stay away from you..Khushi....okay? I just can't..."

Khushi nods at him holding onto his wrist โ€“ " Good.I don't want you to stay away from me. Ask me why Arnav..??"

He asks immediately caressing her cheek more snugly โ€“ " why??"

Khushi admits cupping his face sincerely as she caresses his cheeks just like he was caressing hers โ€“ "because I don't think I have it in me to stay away from you too...k?"

Arnav nods and Khushi Nods back too.

And just like that they both lean in to kiss each other madly for about three -four minutes before Khushi finally makes her way down first and Arnav tells her that he'll come down after five minutes.

Once he is alone โ€“ Arnav walks back to his side table to dunk down a couple of glasses of water before he finally picks his phone out from charging point with a huge grin marking up his face - mentally thanking it over and over.

Why was he thanking his phone over and over?For running out off its battery - just in time.

Ofcourse.

TADAAAAAA!!

How was That Guysssssssss?? Did you all enjoy reading this update on Short Circuit???? Do you all feel that the title of this Chapter was Apt for its development?(Winks)

Next Update :Tomorrow Night

Take 13 โ€“ Flamed.

I'll see you soon guys.

Until Then โ€“ Please take care and Stay Indoors and Safe guys!!!! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Thanks, Guys, for all the Support and your Precious Time to my Work!

Much Love

Always

โค

Prachi

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mysticaltales11111/

coderlady thumbnail

Take 11

The tensions are running high. The game is on.

coderlady thumbnail

Mom and Khushi are rooting for different teams.

coderlady thumbnail

Take 11.1

Victory celebrations but his gal is missing. He needs to see her.

coderlady thumbnail

Khushi is not happy some girl is hugging her guy.

coderlady thumbnail

The girl is trying to hang around and create an impression too now. Not a happy situation.

coderlady thumbnail

Our girl is ready to fight back with her little black dress.

coderlady thumbnail

take 12

Oh she will short circuit him all right with that little black dress of hers.

coderlady thumbnail

Our guy has just realized he will be leaving soon. That is not sitting well with him.

coderlady thumbnail

He admits he is in love. Not only to himself but to his teammate too.