Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KambakthIshq thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Ohh noo!! I will miss Amma #1.. she was perfect as Raghavs Amma. Chalo koi nai.. I hope the new actor justifies playing don ka amma🤞

Edited by KambakthIshq - 3 years ago
Shabia1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

New Amma is a familiar face but I had accepted Raghav's amma😔

Anyways it's ITv land where main leads get changed. Ye tou bechari amma hai😆

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Harinivas

I was actually thinking the same

In the scene where she slaps him in the wedding Sangeet

And he gasps with an Amma

I really felt there was something about her stare

That shakes him in his boots

And her slap is like the ultimate knife through his heart

I will miss this actress

She truly was Don ki Amma

Agree, and I just don't see the new person being like that or having the same impact. I don't want to judge her prematurely but I have seen her previous work and I am really hoping the character doesn't do a 360.

Don't want a saas-bahu show.

Edited by inlieu - 3 years ago
JalebiJane thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7

I enjoyed Amma1---in the sense that she was able to convey in a look how disappointed and angry she was with her son. She had power and gravitas.

But ironically, in the flashback scenes, I always felt she didn't convey the warm, nurturing motherly figure that Raghav remembered of his childhood. Amma2 seems to evoke that softer side better.

Also---Amma2 seems closer to the age I imagine Raghav and Kirti's mother would be.

RishuDarling thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

But has Amma1 - Ragini Shah mam mentioned she will not be returning? Perhaps this was only for health and Covid. But now when there will be no shooting, perhaps she will return.

I think she has done a good job too in being Raghav's mom. And started to soften up on him slowly. Especially, after the Sangeet slap and his reply to her.

Hope she will be back or else that her replacement does a good job too, as it might affect others performance too.

VikAth thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JalebiJane

I enjoyed Amma1---in the sense that she was able to convey in a look how disappointed and angry she was with her son. She had power and gravitas.

But ironically, in the flashback scenes, I always felt she didn't convey the warm, nurturing motherly figure that Raghav remembered of his childhood. Amma2 seems to evoke that softer side better.

Also---Amma2 seems closer to the age I imagine Raghav and Kirti's mother would be.

I agree. Amma1 was strong and a very good actor, but I didn't really get the maternal vibe her character was trying to portray even with Keerthi. In fact, I couldn't imagine her softening at all towards Raghav. Maybe because I've always seen her angry on screen.

This new amma needs to strengthen her Hyderabad Hindi and work on her attitude-wala- expression so it's more convincing that she is RR's Amma. And of course a better foundation match! Not sure what the make up dada is trying to achieve with a fake darker shade?

NESRIA thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: VikAth

I agree. Amma1 was strong and a very good actor, but I didn't really get the maternal vibe her character was trying to portray even with Keerthi. In fact, I couldn't imagine her softening at all towards Raghav. Maybe because I've always seen her angry on screen.

This new amma needs to strengthen her Hyderabad Hindi and work on her attitude-wala- expression so it's more convincing that she is RR's Amma. And of course a better foundation match! Not sure what the make up dada is trying to achieve with a fake darker shade?

The founation.of course i knew something is weird in her make up i couldnt figure it out 😆

Thank you for clarifying

The actress is good and i felt the mother affection toward raghav today

Dont know about scenes where she have to show strong character

But today she was good👍🏼

JalebiJane thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: VikAth

As you have brought up the important subject of makeup, I want to say that I've noticed since the beginning that the makeup on the female performers is very often not right. I'm not sure if it is lighting or makeup. Sometimes Aayi looks ashy. Mansi's makeup was awful in Episode 50+51. There needs to be more glow more highlight. Sulo is the only one who always looks great. I wonder if that actress does her own makeup.

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: JalebiJane

As you have brought up the important subject of makeup, I want to say that I've noticed since the beginning that the makeup on the female performers is very often not right. I'm not sure if it is lighting or makeup. Sometimes Aayi looks ashy. Mansi's makeup was awful in Episode 50+51. There needs to be more glow more highlight. Sulo is the only one who always looks great. I wonder if that actress does her own makeup.

For that matter, even Sai's makeup is off sometimes. They use a darker foundation than his natural tone, I wonder why.