Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Things I learn in BW forum. Good looking people cannot be gangsters. Sweet, cute women cannot possibly be brothel owners.

On topic: good to see him pick a role where he can exercise acting chops. I saw an interview where he insisted his criteria in picking scripts is chance of success. If he doesn't go for artistic satisfaction at this juncture in his career, it might not happen at all. 

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: briahna

why hritik going for bad guys roles now?

Is it hinting his retirement r wat ?

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Things I learn in BW forum. Good looking people cannot be gangsters. Sweet, cute women cannot possibly be brothel owners.

On topic: good to see him pick a role where he can exercise acting chops. I saw an interview where he insisted his criteria in picking scripts is chance of success. If he doesn't go for artistic satisfaction at this juncture in his career, it might not happen at all. 

The audience tries to pigeon hole actors more than studios or actors do.  Especially with all the rules to being a HERO in India.

Every actor wants success but picking solely on the chance of success sounds more like SRK's criteria. 

Hrithik is always speaking about his main priority is if he connects to a role and that he likes to change it up which is why he did Jodhaa Akbar after Dhoom2 or Lakshya after KMG or Guzaarish after JA etc.    This is the man who did Fiza and MK after KHNPH (though he signed for Fiza first). 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Talis

The audience tries to pigeon hole actors more than studios or actors do.  Especially with all the rules to being a HERO in India.

Every actor wants success but picking solely on the chance of success sounds more like SRK's criteria. 

Hrithik is always speaking about his main priority is if he connects to a role and that he likes to change it up which is why he did Jodhaa Akbar after Dhoom2 or Lakshya after KMG or Guzaarish after JA etc.    This is the man who did Fiza and MK after KHNPH (though he signed for Fiza first). 

I have no doubt that is SRK's reason to pick scripts, and he's doing a poor job of it.

With re: HR, he did say it. I think it was one of the pre Kaabil interviews.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Hrithik would suit the role of a South American  gangster more than an Indian one

Edited by 2RsFan - 3 years ago
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Equine

Wrong choice. HR is more suited fir the righteous police man role in Vikram. Whereas,  Vedha is an rustic gangster who needs to look menacing and imposing, which Hrithik is not. A Nawazuddin Siddiqui or SRK woukd be more appropriate.

If they wanted a star , they should have gone Ajay or Sanjay Dutt

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Hrithik would suit the role of a South American  gangster more than an Indian one

My teacher : Where did the drugs come from

Me : I don't know Columbia maybe ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

forza thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MujheMaarjaneDo

and he turned the badass Vijay that was AB Sr,  into the run of the mill goody goody Vijay. 

He was the weakest in the movie

Karan should have gone with SRK / Ajay / Saif 

Thatgirl16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

That look n being a villain *screammmmm* 

So so excited for this...like I always say a devil is hotter 🔥🔥

Edited by Thatgirl16 - 3 years ago
Equine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: powpow

Srk hasn't played a "rustic" character since that Ishq Kamina item number..😆 "Raees" and its shallow play doll world doesn't count either.. That movie looked fake as a cardboard cake, LOL 

Im not talking abt the movies.......it's about looking the part. SRK has that face and look which suits the character. I like HR too. Who knows?? May be he'll surprise everyobe with his performance , inspite of his pretty face, like Heath Ledger did in Batman.

When "pretty boy" Heath Ledger was picked for tge joker role by Nolan, it was alleged that everyone in the Nolan's team opposed it. Well, the rest is history. But, Heath's face was painted all the time in the movie.