Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CriticusExpert thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

With all due respect: You all overthink all this stuff too much, sometimes as cinephiles you know the theme is junk or impossible,

(just watch a chinese serial if you don't believe me) but if you are a fan you like a walk, a style a way of delivering a line, the way the camera captures a moment in a film, then that makes it all worth while and you ignore the fluff. Peace

Edited by CriticusExpert - 3 years ago
CriticusExpert thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

I need those pair of glasses. πŸ˜†

Hit me up when a pair has been invented that would fool people into believing I look like Aishwarya Rai in the future.

I'ma order a pair of them specks too. Please.
Sadme-Me-Hu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

I agree.

If she was even 1% sweet with Suri the way she was open with Raj, it would've been way better. Suri tried everything initially and then as Raj she suddenly was swept off her feet?

If not as a husband, she could treat him like a friend and share things. I mean you're staying with him for 24*7 and you can see the efforts he is taking for you and yet you treat him silently. At some parts she does come across as seflish [Anushka's characters do come across selfish, idk why. I hate her character in ADHM]

I had no connect with the movie nor the characters much. It was just partly funny and had great songs.

Also, this is similar to KKHH...the message there also was like the girl changes her appearance and suddenly the guy falls for her.

Had Anjali had a makeover back then with Tina in the picture then we could see how would Rahul react.

This reminds me of MHN where Lucky falls in love with Sanju once she gets over her tomboyish attitude and looks to become Sanjana.

Such depiction is pretty meh.

So yeah. Post went really longπŸ˜‚

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

The movie is definetely watchable as I have watched it over 20 times πŸ˜›

moonv thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: diasingh2

I am not a SRK fan, but I don't think the ultimate message of the film was wrong.

Anushka's character wasn't selfish, first of all.

She was suffering from loss. She had lost her fiance and her entire in-laws family. On top of it, she father dies and tells her to marry Suri as his last wish. She COULDN'T have loved Suri back from the get go. She didn't even know him properly.πŸ€”

Yet, she always respected Suri, despite not being in love with him.

And when she realized his importance and the sacrifices he was making to make the marriage work.... she outright rejects Raj (despite her initial conflicts) and accepts Suri.πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

And all of this happens BEFORE she even knew Suri was Raj.

It was quite filmy with the whole "Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai" thing, but the emotions were genuine at least.

If anything, the film promoted that the fact that guys like Suri CAN make the best husbands.

At the same time SRK is the ONLY ONE who could do justice to the film.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

How was he had to change himself was the message, when in the end, his true self got the girl?

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CriticusExpert

I'ma order a pair of them specks too. Please.

Me three. pretty please!πŸ€“

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

But wasn't the message actually that she realized her love for her husband at the end.. that she did in fact love him and not the outgoing Raj.

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Yes the idea that Anushka couldn't recognise SRK as Raj was plain ridiculous, but it was a fairly entertaining the over all message was cute and meaningful...

I think it was to love people for their personality, thoughts, values rather than just outer appearance/styles which is a bit cliched and un original but definitely not problematic at all imo.

Also I did find Taani kind of selfish with how she was ready to run away with Raj but you can sympathise with her situation to some extent too... and anyway she didn't actually do it lol so it didn't completely ruin her character or anything

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I have watched it more than 20 times, I always enjoy it