Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: sreefan

That's weird he said that. He had come out about his own mental health issues and how he got help for it. He with his brother backed so many causes for this. This was pre Meghan days. So why was he ashamed now?

There is such a mix of what I think is truth and lies that when people who follow the RF family, like a lot of Brits do, they see the lies and take everything as a lie and others who don't, will believe since there are lots of plausible stories like the racism one.

Yeah all I know about the RF is what I could tell from the Crown. So I've been looking up the rest to fill in my understanding.

It looks like H&M are playing into the American press, because no one here is familiar with all those protocols and whatnot. So its a broad stroke with the whole racism angle.

On the British side, there's a couple of things that don't fit right. It seems to be they lost security because they stopped being full-time working royals, Archie can't get a title because he's far removed from the crown at this time (via some rule from 1917 by a former king), etc.

So I agree, while Meghan clearly went through a very horrible time there, I do think their interview was quite misleading.

Edited by WittyFlair - 3 years ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: myviewprem

There are always two sides of a coin

OK here charles too did not have great parents they forced hm to marry diana against his wishes. Charles loved camilla not diana. Yet charles did not have public interview on Tv saying my mom dad forced me to marry against wishes i hate them they are trying to harm my ex gf etc. Charles has also undergone lot of pai because of parents its not like only diana underwent pain in that marraige. Imagine being forced to marry a girl you do not love and forced to have kids from her even though you do not love her thats tougher than harry mehan situation but chrles did not wash anger against family in public till diana did that tv show

Harry says hes scared something will happen to them like diana. I think diana was an accident not murder etc. Diana would have ended like jemima if she married dodi al fayed its tough for western modern women to marry into asian/muslim family. They have diff culture after marraige and all sort of rules. Diana will not be able to stay one year after marriage in asian family thats a guarantee. Also yes charles is bad and betrayed her but diana no saint she had her set of affairs too. Charles sure knew of those affairs but did not retaliate so why would he do something to diana for loving someone. Charles was seperate from his lov so he will never separate diana from her love ever. Those men who loved diana and she had affair were just using her popularity in first place. Harry saying all that does not look so good. Hes an immature brat at most being led by meghan. William knows his brother capability well to be led by others thats why said take time about meghan marraige. William has proved right in long term.

British royals are racist look at what they did to colonists treated like slaves

Not true on a lot of counts. Charles was the first one to come out with a televised interview about how he was cheating on Diana. He not only cheated on her, just basically crushed her spirit and while his one true love was Camilla, but his behaviour with Di was unacceptable on a lot of levels. He couldnt take that she was so popular with press and people..also went around wearing Camilla's gifted cufflinks on their HM, he was the one who dint even try to make their marriage work...it was a sham from the start, basically they just used Di to produce kids as heir to the crown..and thats all. Its just Di became bigger than the royal family, because of her personality and her aura.

Sure she had her own demons..but one has to remember she was thrust into the limelight at 18..was a global phenomena and loved by public in general, but noone loved her in her own personal life.

1152060 thumbnail

Originally posted by: WittyFlair

Yeah all I know about the RF is what I could tell from the Crown. So I've been looking up the rest to fill in my understanding.

It looks like H&M are playing into the American press, because no one here is familiar with all those protocols and whatnot. So its a broad stroke with the whole racism angle.

On the British side, there's a couple of things that don't fit right. It seems to be they lost security because they stopped being full-time working royals, Archie can't get a title because he's far removed from the crown at this time (via some rule from 1917 by a former king), etc.

So I agree, while Meghan clearly went through a very horrible time there, I do think their interview was quite misleading.

The interview was just a way to open doors to millions more in America.

Like you mentioned, Archie can be prince only when and if charles becomes king. It's obvious for all their independence and how bad the royal family is talks, these two desperately want their son to get the title of Prince. Also being Prince doesn't mean he gets security so that is just misleading. Eugene and Beatrice were not working royals though they were also 5 and 6 in line once upon a time. Their father funded their security before their marriage and most likely makes some contribution now too.

Why is it so hard to learn from Anne and keep the children away from the limelight if that is really why Harry left not just the RF but also britain.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Harry says hes scared something will happen to them like diana. I think diana was an accident not murder etc. Diana would have ended like jemima if she married dodi al fayed its tough for western modern women to marry into asian/muslim family. They have diff culture after marraige and all sort of rules. Diana will not be able to stay one year after marriage in asian family thats a guarantee. Also yes charles is bad and betrayed her but diana no saint she had her set of affairs too. Charles sure knew of those affairs but did not retaliate so why would he do something to diana for loving someone. Charles was seperate from his lov so he will never separate diana from her love ever. Those men who loved diana and she had affair were just using her popularity in first place. Harry saying all that does not look so good. Hes an immature brat at most being led by meghan. William knows his brother capability well to be led by others thats why said take time about meghan marraige. William has proved right in long term.

Diana struggled with depression and anorexia due to the pressures of royal obligations. Her death was an accident but was a direct result of paparazzi disrespecting her privacy. It is natural for Harry to be worried about these things. I took it as Harry was concerned about her mental well-being and assuring her privacy.

Diana was a twenty-year-old who married a man who was almost thirteen years her senior. She was an impressionable young girl swept off her feet by fantasies of a Prince Charming. Charles married her despite knowing he was in love with Camilla to satisfy his family. He went back to Camilla pretty quickly. Despite being cheated on, Diana worked hard to make the marriage work. Having kids did reconcile them a bit. But Charles always slipped back to Camilla. It was an open secret that everyone knew but did nothing about. Diana was still expected to support the marriage.

You have to realize that Diana is a human being who needed love and affection. It was only when the marriage was not salvageable that she had her own affairs. She's no saint, but she's a human with needs. You are very wrong in thinking that Charles never retaliated. The entire royal family made Diana feel guilty for cheating and was outraged at Diana admitting to the failing marriage and affairs. Charles didn't even have a fraction of the accountability as Diana.

I don't know if Dodi truly loved Diana or if their marriage would have been a happy one. However, Dodi and the Fayed family were filthy rich and owned one of London's most prestigious store Harrods. He had no need for her popularity. Hasnat Khan ended his relationship with Diana because he was afraid the media attention would make his life hell. So much for using her popularity. Her extra-marital affairs were quite private and in obscurity - maybe there was a thrill of having an affair with the princess of Wales, but they got not much else.

Once upon a time, Harry was a spoiled brat. But he's quite matured now. He's actually served and been deployed twice to Afghanistan for combat. He's actually engaged in combat in war zones. His days of wild partying are far behind him.

FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Nothing says "Privacy" like an interview with Winfrey....I moved out when I wanted financial independence...I never expected or accepted any monetary help from my father....How come these two who live in a house worth $14M can't afford security?....

Privacy and Financial security....Lies are pretty clear

Meghan and Harry tell a story but quote different time frame for the incident...They don't mention name of the person...Meghan lies how Queen didnt give title to her son because of his skin color...

Harry got therapy for himself, Kate had therapy...Harry was head of various mental health charities...Meghan didn't get help?...Her husband was always there...Harry says he didn't tell his family about it....so the help can come from Harry only...why blame other people?

If Harry is "concerned about her mental health and privacy" why didn't he do anything like William did for Kate? She got therapy and he asked press to give her a break....

They are making money by exploiting their connections with the Royal family..... Its not like Meghan and Harry got their Netflix deal because they are good actors....they got this interview only because they are related to the Royal Family....They are exploiting their connections with RF to earn money...I don't see them as victim at all...It doesn't mean the other side is saint...there's only one side here

Edited by FruitToasty - 3 years ago
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -FreeLancer-

Not true on a lot of counts. Charles was the first one to come out with a televised interview about how he was cheating on Diana. He not only cheated on her, just basically crushed her spirit and while his one true love was Camilla, but his behaviour with Di was unacceptable on a lot of levels. He couldnt take that she was so popular with press and people..also went around wearing Camilla's gifted cufflinks on their HM, he was the one who dint even try to make their marriage work...it was a sham from the start, basically they just used Di to produce kids as heir to the crown..and thats all. Its just Di became bigger than the royal family, because of her personality and her aura.

Sure she had her own demons..but one has to remember she was thrust into the limelight at 18..was a global phenomena and loved by public in general, but noone loved her in her own personal life.

Oh really i thought diana gave interview first to same guy who interviewd MJ

I thought charles interview was after that actually

I know ppl who loved other girls or men but were force married by their parents because whatever reason

few still continue love affair with their lover after both married also in secret means spouse have no idea about it this is both in asia and western countries some even in diff cities or countries

Just because parents force ppl to marry many do not forget their love easily whether asia or western countries.

they continue the love affair in secret like charles and camilla - its more on emotional level its like addiction can a drunkard leave drinking very tough same thing

when you are forcing someone to marry against wishes like charles parents did better to ensure lovers do not stay in same country to ensure the distance at least will ensure love breaks

In movie they show girl married to another and she starts acting like husband is God or boy stops loving girl as shes another mans wife all that happens in movies not real life actually

But yes diana was wronged but by whom charles or his parents? He did not want that marriage in first place is it not?

And diana mom was best friend with queen do not tell me she never know whom charles loved? From 1970 only charles loved her and its not like no one in palace did not know. If they did not inform di of situation its her family fault too. If we assume di never heard the rumors ever that is. She was too small 18 years so i feel she was naive and pushed into this marriage. Camila even met her and involved in wedding preps etc why? Its complicated story please google and read all involved knew and aware and acting as if they do not know. Not sure about di as she was small in age. But her family did not know is shocking as they are family friends with queen.

Yes all husbands are jealous if wife become more famous than them not only husband even other royals like freggie were jealous

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Diana struggled with depression and anorexia due to the pressures of royal obligations. Her death was an accident but was a direct result of paparazzi disrespecting her privacy. It is natural for Harry to be worried about these things. I took it as Harry was concerned about her mental well-being and assuring her privacy.

Diana was a twenty-year-old who married a man who was almost thirteen years her senior. She was an impressionable young girl swept off her feet by fantasies of a Prince Charming. Charles married her despite knowing he was in love with Camilla to satisfy his family. He went back to Camilla pretty quickly. Despite being cheated on, Diana worked hard to make the marriage work. Having kids did reconcile them a bit. But Charles always slipped back to Camilla. It was an open secret that everyone knew but did nothing about. Diana was still expected to support the marriage.

You have to realize that Diana is a human being who needed love and affection. It was only when the marriage was not salvageable that she had her own affairs. She's no saint, but she's a human with needs. You are very wrong in thinking that Charles never retaliated. The entire royal family made Diana feel guilty for cheating and was outraged at Diana admitting to the failing marriage and affairs. Charles didn't even have a fraction of the accountability as Diana.

I don't know if Dodi truly loved Diana or if their marriage would have been a happy one. However, Dodi and the Fayed family were filthy rich and owned one of London's most prestigious store Harrods. He had no need for her popularity. Hasnat Khan ended his relationship with Diana because he was afraid the media attention would make his life hell. So much for using her popularity. Her extra-marital affairs were quite private and in obscurity - maybe there was a thrill of having an affair with the princess of Wales, but they got not much else.

Once upon a time, Harry was a spoiled brat. But he's quite matured now. He's actually served and been deployed twice to Afghanistan for combat. He's actually engaged in combat in war zones. His days of wild partying are far behind him.

I am not at all saying diana should not date and marry men just because shes an princess she can but i am not sure those men also wante to really marry her for love or because of her fame as princess di

Yes charles and family were jealous of di but thats natural right a nobody a njon royal becoming world famous than other royals suddenly will make anyone jealous. They felt we are royal blood but shes getting more fame marrying into our family

Harry is not matured i think hes easily led by others now his wife. Party days over does not mean an human matures. A human matures when he can gauge what are others intentions in life are and predict future events better than others around him. By giving this interview he played into oprahs hands actually. His answers were contradictory. In one point he says he left for privacy but than gave this interview to get more famous in world is it not? attention seeking beh. than hes complaining dad did not give money did not give title to baby etc. did he not say he does not want royal life and walked off now he says father did not pay living off mom money and son did not get prince title. Excuse you are 37 years old enough to work and earn. Why should british citizens sponsor your US living? And you are adult you work and pay father not aged father pay you now. Its a contradicting interview hes confused or what?

Fallen-Embers thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FruitToasty

Nothing says "Privacy" like an interview with Winfrey....I moved out when I wanted financial independence...I never expected or accepted any monetary help from my father....How come these two who live in a house worth $14M can't afford security?....

Privacy and Financial security....Lies are pretty clear

Meghan and Harry tell a story but quote different time frame for the incident...They don't mention name of the person...Meghan lies how Queen didnt give title to her son because of his skin color...

Harry got therapy for himself, Kate had therapy...Harry was head of various mental health charities...Meghan didn't get help?...Her husband was always there...Harry says he didn't tell his family about it....so the help can come from Harry only...why blame other people?

If Harry is "concerned about her mental health and privacy" why didn't he do anything like William did for Kate? She got therapy and he asked press to give her a break....

They are making money by exploiting their connections with the Royal family..... Its not like Meghan and Harry got their Netflix deal because they are good actors....they got this interview only because they are related to the Royal Family....They are exploiting their connections with RF to earn money...I don't see them as victim at all...It doesn't mean the other side is saint...there's only one side here

H & M think them plebs are thick as bricks. 😆

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Oh really i thought diana gave interview first to same guy who interviewd MJ

I thought charles interview was after that actually

I know ppl who loved other girls or men but were force married by their parents because whatever reason

few still continue love affair with their lover after both married also in secret means spouse have no idea about it this is both in asia and western countries some even in diff cities or countries

Just because parents force ppl to marry many do not forget their love easily whether asia or western countries.

they continue the love affair in secret like charles and camilla - its more on emotional level its like addiction can a drunkard leave drinking very tough same thing

when you are forcing someone to marry against wishes like charles parents did better to ensure lovers do not stay in same country to ensure the distance at least will ensure love breaks

In movie they show girl married to another and she starts acting like husband is God or boy stops loving girl as shes another mans wife all that happens in movies not real life actually

But yes diana was wronged but by whom charles or his parents? He did not want that marriage in first place is it not?

And diana mom was best friend with queen do not tell me she never know whom charles loved? From 1970 only charles loved her and its not like no one in palace did not know. If they did not inform di of situation its her family fault too. If we assume di never heard the rumors ever that is. She was too small 18 years so i feel she was naive and pushed into this marriage. Camila even met her and involved in wedding preps etc why? Its complicated story please google and read all involved knew and aware and acting as if they do not know. Not sure about di as she was small in age. But her family did not know is shocking as they are family friends with queen.

Yes all husbands are jealous if wife become more famous than them not only husband even other royals like freggie were jealous

Nope Charles interview was in 1994, and Di's in 95. Di retaliated after Charles' bombshell interview by wearing the famous revenge dress.

I am pretty sure Di knew about Camilla before marriage..but probably she was made to believe that Charles will move on post their wedding..or it was just another flimsy affair ...

here is an impressionable 18 year old..giddy in love and in love with the idea of love..her fiance acting like a jerk even in that engagement interview, where he said "whatever being in love means"..she was basically supposed to be his trophy wife, stand in his shadows - a pretty poppy..nothing more than that. He probably dint anticipate that Di will be so adored and loved..also I think the royal family never though she would become bigger than the establishment or the King to be HRH Charles. Charles being the needy, under loved kid, just became more and more resentful of someone else beating him hollow on popularity charts. Like Di said, she understood the jealousy, but she couldnt explain it to him that she dint ask for it. If she was just a nicer human in general, who connected with people and kids in particular, much more than any member of royal family did, it wasnt her fault and not something someone should have hated her for. I feel like the royals were foolish to be jealous of her in general, she was their most prized asset and drove so much charity and tourism for UK.

I feel like the more Diana broke out of being a traditional royal fam member, the more people grew fond of her..the more confident she became, the more aware and woke she became about her impact on everyone, the more she rebelled as well.