Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1194442 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

I don't know why this whole saga has ignited a new passion about British politics and society in me. I watched the movie The Queen yesterday night. Helen Mirren slayed it as HM Elizabeth. Martin Sheen as Miranda was a bit disturbing to watch though. 😳

I don't really care much for the British monarchy either but anyone who has a little bit of interest in it should probably watch The Crown too... it's a historical drama on Netflix that's really well made with a brilliant cast and worth watching!

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

People accuse Meghan of playing the race card. Interestingly, Meghan has never explicitly called anyone racist. All she's done is narrate anecdotes about her experiences and people conclude that it's racist.

I don't think Meghan and Harry are lying. The royal family is an archaic institution that holds a lot of power and prestige. They have always been obsessed about parampara, pratishtha, aur ansuhasan. There are more rules and expectations than Gurukul. They push people to the limits to elicit compliance.

Princess Diana too struggled despite having a British upbringing and being groomed for high society. The stoic steadfast Iron Lady Margaret Thatcher was almost brought to tears in her Balmoral test. British monarchy treats all people like wild animals to be broken and tamed. So it is not surprising that Meghan has experienced a lot of trauma.

While there is definitely a racist undertone to the dealings with Meghan, it would be an oversight to ignore the other factors as well. Meghan was unsuitable for the royal family in more ways than one. She was half black, was a middle-aged divorcee, an American actress, and a commoner. Royal men are meant to marry young virgins. They are meant to marry women of noble blood groomed for high society. They are supposed to marry within the European bloodlines, not some foreigner, definitely not those Americans. Anyone who doesn't meet the high standards has to pass some sort of trial by fire to deem they are worthy. Meghan was just a woman who fell in love with a man whom she wanted to be with. She was unprepared for the testing she would go through.

I find it amusing when Indians think Meghan is lying. Hello - isn't this how elite upper crust Indians are. The scions have all these rules on what sort of women they should marry and bring home. If the girl is less than she will be tortured and tormented until she either divorces, is broken down to perpetual submission, or proves herself capable of handling the high stakes.

There is no room for a mental breakdown, postpartum depression or any mental health issues in Indian families. There is no room to seek outer help even abused and battered women are expected to stay silent and keep the family issues within the family. Indian families to will discuss how the baby will be like for hours. Wondering if they will have a good fair complexion and be attractive or the dark and lesser bloodlines (usually blamed on women) will impact the baby. We learned well from our masters of 200+ years.

I have no reason for disbelieving Meghan. Even if she is embellishing and exaggerating, I know well enough about the sociocultural expectations of high society throughout the commonwealth to know that its the norm, not an exception. Its just that for the first time the common people are hearing about it. People want to disbelieve because they don't want the shine to come off and want to live in the lala land of fairytale dreams.

briahna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

imagine the pressure on Harry and Meghan to make this marriage work now.

if anyone i feel for Harry.

Before the marriage and after the marriage.

1194442 thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I have no reason for disbelieving Meghan. Even if she is embellishing and exaggerating, I know well enough about the sociocultural expectations of high society throughout the commonwealth to know that its the norm, not an exception. Its just that for the first time the common people are hearing about it. People want to disbelieve because they don't want the shine to come off and want to live in the lala land of fairytale dreams.

I don't think anyone is writing off her story as a fabricated tale here... or doubting the royal family's racism but the other sides of the story remain to be seen and the interview also does look like they're setting the wheels in motion for their upcoming projects in Hollywood. And what better way to get back in the game than by putting a scandalous story out there with all eyes on you and Oprah. It's like Meghan is telling people, I'm back bitches... and this is just the beginning of it.

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 7

The other side of the story isn't really unheard😆 I mean Meghan just presented her cersion now but the press has always been full of how Meghan was a bully, gold digger, reason of rift between brothers, making Kate Middleton cry for the longest times😆

Both sides are out there.. only difference is one is coming from the horse's mouth while the other comes from "sources"

1178840 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mo0nLighting

I don't think anyone is writing off her story as a fabricated tale here... or doubting the royal family's racism but the other sides of the story remain to be seen and the interview also does look like they're setting the wheels in motion for their upcoming projects in Hollywood. And what better way to get back in the game than by putting a scandalous story out there with all eyes on you and Oprah. It's like Meghan is telling people, I'm back bitches... and this is just the beginning of it.

But why is that wrong? If the Royals wronged her, they deserve to get it in their backsides.

1178840 thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

People accuse Meghan of playing the race card. Interestingly, Meghan has never explicitly called anyone racist. All she's done is narrate anecdotes about her experiences and people conclude that it's racist.

I don't think Meghan and Harry are lying. The royal family is an archaic institution that holds a lot of power and prestige. They have always been obsessed about parampara, pratishtha, aur ansuhasan. There are more rules and expectations than Gurukul. They push people to the limits to elicit compliance.

Princess Diana too struggled despite having a British upbringing and being groomed for high society. The stoic steadfast Iron Lady Margaret Thatcher was almost brought to tears in her Balmoral test. British monarchy treats all people like wild animals to be broken and tamed. So it is not surprising that Meghan has experienced a lot of trauma.

While there is definitely a racist undertone to the dealings with Meghan, it would be an oversight to ignore the other factors as well. Meghan was unsuitable for the royal family in more ways than one. She was half black, was a middle-aged divorcee, an American actress, and a commoner. Royal men are meant to marry young virgins. They are meant to marry women of noble blood groomed for high society. They are supposed to marry within the European bloodlines, not some foreigner, definitely not those Americans. Anyone who doesn't meet the high standards has to pass some sort of trial by fire to deem they are worthy. Meghan was just a woman who fell in love with a man whom she wanted to be with. She was unprepared for the testing she would go through.

I find it amusing when Indians think Meghan is lying. Hello - isn't this how elite upper crust Indians are. The scions have all these rules on what sort of women they should marry and bring home. If the girl is less than she will be tortured and tormented until she either divorces, is broken down to perpetual submission, or proves herself capable of handling the high stakes.

There is no room for a mental breakdown, postpartum depression or any mental health issues in Indian families. There is no room to seek outer help even abused and battered women are expected to stay silent and keep the family issues within the family. Indian families to will discuss how the baby will be like for hours. Wondering if they will have a good fair complexion and be attractive or the dark and lesser bloodlines (usually blamed on women) will impact the baby. We learned well from our masters of 200+ years.

Agreed with literally everything you said. The British Royal family is just a king-sized (pun intended) version of every single so-called 'high, noble stock/lineage' family all over the world.

Just like a well-established raees khaandaan won't tolerate its scion marrying a woman of lesser means, so did the royal family not take kindly to Meghan for the exact reasons you underlined above. Well-said. 👍🏼

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Terenaina

if they are a killer, they get arrested but I am just saying you don’t want to highlight bad characters of your family in public do that in private. Why are you so aggressive and rude to me by the way? I am always talking to you in a nice tone. If she had racist family member, she needs to report it to authorities in private. I understand they are celebrities and nothing is private but she’s not saying anyone’s name so it’s wrong on her part to say someone is racist but don’t give out the name. Now I am thinking everyone in the family is racist. Either say the name of the person or be quiet. But whatever

I don't think my comment was aggressive but sorry if you took it that way.

It's complicated to make this kind of accusations even if they are true because they could be sued and the legal battle would be based on "he said"/"she said".

They could be punished to pay a high sum for reparation for accusing someone if they aren't able to prove that said person actually said those things.

The Royal Family is very very powerful and it would be easy for them to take Harry and Meghan to the cleaners.

I feel she's doing the right thing when she recounts what happened (especially regarding her child) because these kinds things shouldn't be forgiven. At least now people know there are racists among the RF.

Pori thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I wonder what gives Simi Garewal the right to claim Meghan's is lying? This women accusing other women of fabricating and lying, simply when the other is sharing their side of the story, is wrong and unacceptable. Women like Simi Garewal are the reason, sometimes other women lack the confidence to tell their story.

Meghan definitely is in a position of power and priviledge which has given her the platform to share her story. One does not need to look to far, similar things has happened with Princess Diana, and the end result is history.

The Royal Family is not tolerant of people who challenges their views, because it threatens the whole system of monarchy. Harry's marriage to Meghan was the tipping point. I am so happy this interview is out. The whole system of monarchy is ancient and needs to end!

WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Terenaina

I don’t know their story, only they know both sides of the story. But I know in real life people make you feel ashamed for having mental issues, they mock, joke and make it even worst for you to deal with so I understand anybody who don’t want to talk about it. You can talk to the doctors about it. But I have not seen the full interview, just saw clips of it

And the clips dont tell the whole story. One of their main points was that no one got her help when she needed it, but then he also randomly mentions "oh yeah, I didn't tell them"......so inconsistent

Edited by WittyFlair - 3 years ago