Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Thriller Tribe

Posted: 3 years ago

What this with "desi" "videshi" thing People are creepy based on their mentality. 

You can't categories every man belonging to particular place in the same category. 

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

Sure. 😂 . Now enough of getting triggered and  go calm yourself down, keyboard warrior! You can come back later or stay here - take your pick😛 😂

😂 yawn. I am already bored. OK if i ignore you? 😉 😉 😉

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

😂 yawn. I am already bored. OK if i ignore you? 😉 😉 😉

Don’t tell me. But sure. 😂 You are already on extra time anyway.😛😆

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Thriller Tribe

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

Lingerie is absolutely irrelevant here. 

A significant chunk of @$%$$ Indian men are hugely problematic and any woman who puts up a profile picture is prone to sexual harassment. Heck! One can't even post comments without these lowly and disgraceful pieces of trash polluting the space with lewd replies. 

My former roommate's inactive public Instagram account had no posts. There was just an average profile picture. And yet, she received so many lewd messages that ultimately she had to deactivate it. Nobody deserves this kind of harassment. 

I hope Aaliyah's parents take legal action against those b******* and they rot in jail. 

P.S. At the risk of appearing an elitist snob, I too feel that internet shouldn't be available to everyone in countries like India.

wow and here i thought that its a persons mentality and not his place of origin that determines his behavior 

is every american/french/german man is a gentleman is it ?? or you have personally met every Indian man to determine that all of them are monsters and rest of the world is filled with pure humans 

i thought people are moving ahead of this bigotry regressive thought process 

i hope a day does when a individual s though process will be his and his alone and not of his country of origin

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Thriller Tribe

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Sorry to say Indian men have become notorious on social media for crass behavior.

I keep most of my social media either private or anon (like IF). I do have a public FB page which I use for my writings. I used to have an Insta page, too. The first profile pic (in both) was kind of nice. Not lingerie like Aaliyah put up. A headshot. That's it. I started getting dirty messages, mostly in my inbox. Some comments on my posts. "Are you available?" is a frequent question. Plenty of "I love you"s. A couple of pics (you know the kind). A few offers to make me the sub in S&M. I deleted all of them.

Eventually, I put up the most regular pic of myself I could find. It's not bad, but very casual, makeup-less, and gharelu type profile photo. The messages didn't stop.

Bottomline is clear. No matter what you wear, no matter if you go without makeup, no matter how G-rated your posts are (mine are), you're going to face sexual harassment. And yeah, the pervs are not of any particular socioeconomic class or age. I've checked the profiles; some appear to be retired professors, etc. (they could be lying on FB).

I deleted my Insta account. Still have the FB page. I delete loathsome comments as soon as I find them. Some of my family follow the page, so they alert me. I report and block the pervs. I have an agent who I vent to (no, I'm no celeb; just a writer). My editor, who actually has a large Twitter following, wants me to out the pervs; she says she will share the posts on her social media. I can't handle it, so I thanked her and told her not for now.

Each time I get a particularly vile message, I find myself unable to write for a few days. Thanks to my very supportive signfiicant other and family and friends, I bounce back each time. 

Sharing this only because of the sheer number of people who assume women *ask for it* some way. All I asked for was to be allowed to write.

Think I'm alone? Read this:

https://sachinrsharma.wordpress.com/2016/01/27/why-indian-men-are-hated-by-foreign-women-on-social-media/

EDITED TO ADD: one of the main reasons the comments elsewhere about lowering expectations get my goat is this. Why should I? Either in my safety (physical and mental) or where my career is concerned? I'm a human with the same God-given rights as any other human on this planet, man, woman, somewhere in between, or none of the above. Why not insist that society treat women as human? It might not happen right away, but first instinct should not be to tell the women what she should've done/should do or that she is really not likely to succeed because... yeah, circumstances. Yes, awareness is also important, but those lectures have a time and place and should not take precedence over dealing with social problems.

Indian men seriously ?? have you met every indian men to determine this?? and all the other men belonging to all the other countries are saint??

is every american/french/german man is a gentleman is it ?? or you have personally met every Indian man to determine that all of them are monsters and rest of the world is filled with pure humans 

i thought that its a persons mentality and not his place of origin that determines his behavior 

i hope a day does when a individual s though process will be his and his alone and not of his country of origin

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Krishnapanchali

wow and here i thought that its a persons mentality and not his place of origin that determines his behavior 

i thought people are moving ahead of this bigotry regressive thought process 

Please calm down!

The post quoted by you clearly states that a significant chunk of Indian men are hugely problematic. It's a FACT one cannot deny.

^ Now before you return with all guns blazing, please explain how does it translate to all Indian men

What exactly shapes a person's mentality? Surely the environment and the company has a role to play. You can call me I bigot. I don't care. Moreover, it's infinite times more preferable than being harassed by Indian saints who don't even spare infants and puppies.

There's a reason why Indian men have such a pathetic reputation even online. 

Where did I imply that the rest of the world is clean? The topic warrants a discussion over the problematic mentality of Indian men. Bringing statistics from the rest of the world to defend Indian men isn't going to help our case.

@Bold - So now one needs to get sexually harassed by millions of men to acknowledge that there's indeed a problem? The likes of Nirbhaya, Laxmi Agarwal, and Sonali Mukherjee didn't have to meet all men. There are millions of such tragedies. 

West has its share of monsters...never denied it. But, since I live in India at present, I'm going to concern myself with the affairs of this country. 

See you later—ciao!

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Thriller Tribe

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

Please calm down!

The post quoted by you clearly states that a significant chunk of Indian men are hugely problematic. It's a FACT one cannot deny.

^ Now before you return with all guns blazing, please explain how does it translate to all Indian men

What exactly shapes a person's mentality? Surely the environment and the company has a role to play. You can call me I bigot. I don't care. Moreover, it's infinite times more preferable than being harassed by Indian saints who don't even spare infants and puppies.

There's a reason why Indian men have such a pathetic reputation even online. 

Where did I imply that the rest of the world is clean? The topic warrants a discussion over the problematic mentality of Indian men. Bringing statistics from the rest of the world to defend Indian men isn't going to help our case.

@Bold - So now one needs to get sexually harassed by millions of men to acknowledge that there's indeed a problem? The likes of Nirbhaya, Laxmi Agarwal, and Sonali Mukherjee didn't have to meet all men. There are millions of such tragedies. 

West has its share of monsters...never denied it. But, since I live in India at present, I'm going to concern myself with the affairs of this country. 

See you later—ciao!

please tell me where did i talk about getting sexually harassed  lets not put words in others mouth now shall we 

all i am saying is an individual s actions should be his and his alone and not of his country 

what happened to nirbhaya laxmi were because those men were monsters with sick mentality not because those men were indian just like ted bundy a man of sick mentality not because of his place of origin

Edited by Krishnapanchali - 3 years ago
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8

Ara bitiya.. Kaahe aise vastra pahan kar sareer-pradarsan karti ho... 

Jamana bahut kharab hai... Apni raksa kiya karo!

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Krishnapanchali

Indian men seriously ?? have you met every indian men to determine this?? and all the other men belonging to all the other countries are saint??

i thought that its a persons mentality and not his place of origin that determines his behavior 

It's not simply individual when so many do it.  There is something behind it. All kinds of reasons have been put forth by people - sexual repression, Bollywood normalization of crass behavior, patriarchy. None of this is an individual issue.

You can look up the stats yourself, or believe what you will. I'm done trying to convince people there is a problem.  Unless and until there is an acknowledgement of a problem, it hdoesn't have a prayer of getting solved.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Thriller Tribe

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

You can look up the stats yourself, or believe what you will. I'm done trying to convince people there is a problem.

there is a problem with men and mentality not with "Indian" 

stat shows america as one of the countries with high sexual harrasement cases but i dont see anyone here boxing all the american men in a single category 

Edited by Krishnapanchali - 3 years ago