Zimmedari - A shield or a fallback?

Ashley_m thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

We, as a fandom, are quick to bash Ani whenever he breathes the word zimmedari when referring to Bon. But if we look closely, there is a pattern. Ani uses zimmedari as a shield or armour.

And to be fair, initially, that was all that Bondita was for him. Up until the HM track, Ani was genuinely torn. Bon was just a girl who he married because there was no other way to save her. And he did offer to take her responsibility without marrying her. And the bedwetting track was when he truly accepted it. Up until HM, their relationship was still new, and Ani had a load of emotional baggage, to begin with. As a result, Mini and Binoy found it very easy to use this zimmedari against him.

However, after their return from HM and Mini's exposure, their relationship grew by leaps and bounds, especially through the education and dhongi ma tracks. And Ani never called her a zimmedari again until the SR track.

Zimmedari 2.0, as it is called, received even more bashing. But cut the poor boy some slack, it is evident that Bon is much more than a zimmedari for him, but she is not his wife entirely either. Because in the 1920s, sex and children were an essential part of marriage, this cannot be ignored. Ani ignored it till Bon got her periods, but then it became impossible to ignore; society's vultures had started circulating.

The one thing we all know is that Ani has absolutely no romantic attraction towards Bon. And where I am concerned, as long as Bon is a child, showing any attraction on Ani's part will simply reduce the respect we all have for him. However, Ani currently has no words to describe their relationship. Emotionally, it is way past zimmedari, way past marriage, way past love as well. But physically, there is nothing. And socially, it makes this relationship an anomaly. And when this strikes Ani, he starts hiding behind the word zimmedari.

This new track will signal an evolution in their relationship. It won't make the world accept Rudhi's relationship, but it will make Rudhi, especially Ani, realize that it doesn't matter. What matters is that Rudhi know what relationship they share, accept it, revel in it, and grow in it.

I am sorry if I ramble, but I would love to know your views.

Edited by Ashley_m - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Doc.love thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley_m

We, as a fandom, are quick to bash Ani whenever he breathes the word zimmedari when referring to Bon. But if we look closely, there is a pattern. Ani uses zimmedari as a shield or armour.

And to be fair, initially, that was all that Bondita was for him. Up until the HM track, Ani was genuinely torn. Bon was just a girl who he married because there was no other way to save her. And he did offer to take her responsibility without marrying her. And the bedwetting track was when he truly accepted it. Up until HM, their relationship was still new, and Ani had a load of emotional baggage, to begin with. As a result, Mini and Binoy found it very easy to use this zimmedari against him.

However, after their return from HM and Mini's exposure, their relationship grew by leaps and bounds, especially through the education and dhongi ma tracks. And Ani never called her a zimmedari again until the SR track.

Zimmedari 2.0, as it is called, received even more bashing. But cut the poor boy some slack, it is evident that Bon is much more than a zimmedari for him, but she is not his wife entirely either. Because in the 1920s, sex and children were an essential part of marriage, this cannot be ignored. Ani ignored it till Bon got her periods, but then it became impossible to ignore; society's vultures had started circulating.

The one thing we all know is that Ani has absolutely no romantic attraction towards Bon. And where I am concerned, as long as Bon is a child, showing any attraction on Ani's part will simply reduce the respect we all have for him. However, Ani currently has no words to describe their relationship. Emotionally, it is way past zimmedari, way past marriage, way past love as well. But physically, there is nothing. And socially, it makes this relationship an anomaly. And when this strikes Ani, he starts hiding behind the word zimmedari.

This new track will signal an evolution in their relationship. It won't make the world accept Rudhi's relationship, but it will make Rudhi, especially Ani, that it doesn't matter. What matters is that Rudhi know what relationship they share, accept it, revel in it, and grow in it.

πŸ€— Hiii!

Aaah! What an amazing post. And how eloquently you have put your point. πŸ‘

I am RESing my comment for now.

Will be back soon to UNRES it. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Edited by Doc.love - 3 years ago
Toto123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I agree..with ur rambles completely πŸ‘πŸΌ

As bihari babu said that day...ki this realtion is anokha❀️At present no one understands it completely!!

Not bon as she lacks d maturity and knowledge of such a relationship & not ani coz the tag society has given it doesnt match with his ideals.

I dont think ani is wrong anywhere until now atleast...he is as confused & troubled as any person in that situation would be.

And thats d actual theme of d show too...

How there unique relation turns out after fighting all social norms❀️

Ashley_m thumbnail

Originally posted by: Toto123

I agree..with ur rambles completely πŸ‘πŸΌ

As bihari babu said that day...ki this realtion is anokha❀️At present no one understands it completely!!

Not bon as she lacks d maturity and knowledge of such a relationship & not ani coz the tag society has given it doesnt match with his ideals.

I dont think ani is wrong anywhere until now atleast...he is as confused & troubled as any person in that situation would be.

And thats d actual theme of d show too...

How there unique relation turns out after fighting all social norms❀️

Thank you!

I agree with @Bold. So basically TLDR for my post is that Ani uses zimmedari because he simply doesn't have a better word for their relationship that won't come with social expectations.

836559 thumbnail

Totally agreed with every word of your post! ❀️

Especially these lines needed to be said! Thanks a lot! πŸ€—

Yes it is very important to understand that Ani being a matured person, should not be shown to have romantic feelings for a kid we will surely loose respect for him. He has continuously been shown protesting against child marriages and making people understand that everything must happen at the correct age and maturity. We know what gem of a person he is, how gentle how sensible his character is, what is there to develop any romantic attraction towards Bon as of now?

Yes, he loves her dearly, but it is not necessary that love has to be romantic always πŸ˜†

Whenever he calls her patni , people will expect a romantic relation between them and that is what he doesn't want. That is why he is using the Z-word πŸ€ͺ but his feelings are what is more important. There is nothing wrong in that... and to be honest.... ZIMMEDARI in itself is a big deal... when you call someone your zimmedari it mean you not only love that person but you are dedicated to their well being also.

Saying "She is the Love of my life " " I love her " and things like that are not the only way to describe how much a person means to you πŸ˜†

I am looking forward to see their feelings changing for each other step by step and with enough time πŸ‘πŸΌ

1183945 thumbnail

This new track will signal an evolution in their relationship. It won't make the world accept Rudhi's relationship, but it will make Rudhi, especially Ani, that it doesn't matter. What matters is that Rudhi know what relationship they share, accept it, revel in it, and grow in it.

+ 100% agree with you.

@UL- So beautifully you have written this part. I love this part the most.

Anirudh gets scolded most of the time by audience for baseless things.

But i can never forget his sacrifices and continuous attempts to give bon a better life. πŸ‘πŸΌ

As bon said aapne liye toh sabb jeete hai, jo dusro ke liye jeeta hai woh mahan hota hai.

Ek zimmedari word se ani jaise mahan insaan ko aise bash karna is wrong.

And what do people expect him to say?!

Bon is his wife?

Then log kahenge , ani has wife like expectations from him. she is a kid, he shouldn't say that, blah blah.

Actually They will never get satisfied πŸ˜•

Edited by mnm13 - 3 years ago
Ashley_m thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..RiMi..

Totally agreed with every word of your post! ❀️

Thank you!πŸ€—

Especially these lines needed to be said! Thanks a lot! πŸ€—

No need to say thanks, I was myself very angry with the Ani bashing because of the Z-word. I mean kya chahiye tum logo ko?

Yes it is very important to understand that Ani being a matured person, should not be shown to have romantic feelings for a kid we will surely loose respect for him. He has continuously been shown protesting against child marriages and making people understand that everything must happen at the correct age and maturity. We know what gem of a person he is, how gentle how sensible his character is, what is there to develop any romantic attraction towards Bon as of now?

Yes, he loves her dearly, but it is not necessary that love has to be romantic always πŸ˜†

Whenever he calls her patni , people will expect a romantic relation between them and that is what he doesn't want. That is why he is using the Z-word πŸ€ͺ but his feelings are what is more important. There is nothing wrong in that... and to be honest.... ZIMMEDARI in itself is a big deal... when you call someone your zimmedari it mean you not only love that person but you are dedicated to their well being also.

Of course, zimmedari is a big deal! But their relationship is way more than that. But the more part has no words to describe it without adding social expectations to the mix.

Also, Ani had no issues calling her his patni between HM and SR tracks. He only got scared because of Kaka and his expectations for parivarik jeevan. And the same rules apply to physical contact as well. He is willing to sleep next to her if she needs him after all.

Saying "She is the Love of my life " " I love her " and things like that are not the only way to describe how much a person means to you πŸ˜†

Totally agree!

I am looking forward to see their feelings changing for each other step by step and with enough time πŸ‘πŸΌ

Me as well! Romance will blossom in time and will be mighty intense with such a strong emotional foundation, but my expectation from the current track based on all we know so far is that they are clear in their own heads what their relationship means and are honest about it with each other. Then their 'anokha rishta' will truly rise above the 'prathaon ka bhanvar.'

My replies in Blue! 😳

Edited by Ashley_m - 3 years ago
Ashley_m thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnm13

+ 100% agree with you.

But i can never forget his sacrifices and continuous attempts to give bon a better life. πŸ‘πŸΌ

As bon said aapne liye toh sabb jeete hai, jo dusro ke liye jeeta hai woh mahan hota hai.

Bon is his wife?

Then log kahenge , ani has wife like expectations from him. she is a kid, he shouldn't say that, blah blah.

True @Bold!

836559 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnm13

+ 100% agree with you.

Bon is his wife?

@bold 😭 emotional ho gaye hum 😭

836559 thumbnail

My replies in Blue! 😳

Seriously! I saw people bashing the makers for making Ani say the Z word again I was like.. humko maaf karo !

Yes their rishta is Anokha as bihari told Kaka that is what makes them special! ❀️ You are right. During and after the HM track Ani was so comfy calling Bon his patni and himself as her patibabu.. πŸ˜† but as soon as he realized what the society will expect next he was like

🀣