Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Anyone else remember Aloo’s mom insulting PC on social media a few months ago?

Lol

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

Originally posted by: Anjalika01

Anyone else remember Aloo’s mom insulting PC on social media a few months ago?

Lol

No idea about that but if that happened and PC did this.. she is living upto her motto of kill with kindness 😂

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

No. Nepotism is giving JOBS to friends and family members. Not tweeting about a trailer. The discourse on the "nepotism debate" has become so majorly convoluted as well as toxic.

I honestly can’t tell if you are being serious or sarcastic. But just in case it’s the first one, here’s my two cents.  You are absolutely right that technically this is not nepotism.  However, we can call it an offshoot of nepotism if you well. I have no doubt that mass messaging went out to everyone asking them to share or praise this teaser.  I’m sure this happens with every actor/actress’ trailers or teasers across the board. But the fact that Alia’s gets this level of feedback has more to do with her connections with KJo and Dharma than anything else. 

Also, nobody is better than Meryl. Not because she’s white but because she’s Meryl 😉.  

Keerthi.02 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

PC is just saying alia has stepped into complex role. Not that alia did a good job. PC is so witty sometimes lol.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: DamRyeong

sometimes, I am really scared of this world. the way people are more than comfortable with their partner's exes or their partner. 🤪

Ehh, don’t be fooled. This is strictly business.  Katrina went through a period of ignoring everything Alia. She remained professional and gracious but she wasn’t this lovey dovey with Alia after it became clear that Alia was with RK.  Alia had to specifically mention Katrina publicly  before Katrina would respond or react a day or so later.  I’m guessing PRs and managers would intervene to help Alia save face.  But then suddenly things changed. Katrina was back to liking Alia’s posts and commenting, and then a couple of months later she was cast in Dharma’s Sooryavanshi. Coincidence?  I think not.  Katrina gets blockbuster movies from Alia’s godfather and Alia rehabilitates her 🐍 image which had been plaguing her for over a year.  Like I said, it’s a business.  

briahna thumbnail

i love some comments on youtube..

haters ki watt lagegi hahahahahah...kash agar yeh ho gaya..toh??

https://youtu.be/8ZQTZzBRwWs

https://youtu.be/3856-zs3K4w

fingers crossed

😃

briahna thumbnail

oops..another tweet...

Sonali Bendre Behl

@iamsonalibendre

·

How amazing are you @aliaa08

! Bravo 👏🏼

👏🏼

#GangubaiKathiawadi @bhansali_produc

anonymouse1 thumbnail
Engager 1 Thumbnail Expressionist (February 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Zeal17

When male actors can play young aged roles why cant older actresses?

No way an outsider with appearance like Alia would have ever got this role. Not an iota chance.

Alia is highly over-rated & over-hyped actress.

KJo ka sir pe haath na hota to kahan hoti? uske career me kitni movies aisi hai jisme dharma Prod. kisi na kisi tarah shamil na ho?

Rajamouli ki film kaise mili isse? jabki south me nayantara, anushka, samantha, amala etc. actress hain jo alia se kahin jyada talented hain.

Originally posted by: Keerthi.02

PC is just saying alia has stepped into complex role. Not that alia did a good job. PC is so witty sometimes lol.

Good catch, and I still think PC is being the shrewd businesswoman she is, with all those investments on dating apps like Bumble and she gotta sell her book too, among other things. It always pays to have people in high places pull strings for you.

In saying that, I still think she's being nice there by implying that Alia *stepped* into the role. I'd switch that and say that a complex role that's literally the centerpiece of a "grand" movie was *shoved* under Alia's feet despite the fact that nothing about her looks and past performances warrant the role. I would tell you why but I don't wanna be held accountable for invoking the coven of nepotism and Aloo coughpankhaascough. It feels like they came in hordes on this thread out of nowhere, doesn't it? 😆

Originally posted by: briahna

90% of SLB movies are flat my dea, but it gets praised from paid friends and mouthpieces. only this time a  friendly warning comes cos my favorite is missing in another of SLB's flat outing.

Sorry, I don't think that made sense. If a movie has worked well in box office, it's not flat and if it has bombed in the past like Kalank, that IS flat.. regardless of praises from friends and paid critics. Okay, let me say something to make you happy ... the movie would have been worth watching if it wasn't for Alia. 😛