Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

836559 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Ka_ta

Rimi, thank you so much for this wonderful write up. I love the clarity and confidence which reflects in your writings.

Honestly , I never thought that I'll feel emotionally low and wrenched on watching BB.But today's episode , I feel is genuinely one of the most crucial and forthright ones ever .

In spite of being an open minded adult, I was shaken to the core when the women were accentuating Bondita's features for living up to her husband's carnal desires .

Their words were direct, unfiltered and crude. Respect to the makers for their direct and straight-talking nature.Indeed , it takes a whole lot of courage , to befittingly highlight the agonizing and excruciating plights that were acclaimed and preached so extensively in the then era .

It's thought provoking to the core.If we, the Gen Z , the most advanced and forward looking millennials are feeling a diverse range of profound emotions through just a twenty minute show, imagine the atrocities , the extortions and the physical -emotional crisis faced by the adolescents then.

The best track of BB till date.Learning a lot .

Koyal 🤗 Nice to see you here ❤️

Yes you are right. I always watched BB with a very light heart and never really thought I would be so moved. This happened only during Bon's sati track before. 🥺

Yes, the way those women were talking were raw and direct. And that is actually the reality. Even if it was 1920s and the women were not modern like others, I know that these talks were (still is) very common among women. Choodi / Palang talks are actually very common. Most of us who have always lived in cities might have heard sophisticated terms for the same kind of teasing , but women of that era who lived in smaller sections were very raw and direct about all this.

Exactly, we are finding this awkward only because we are not used to this, we have come a long way! Instead of fussing about how uncomfortable we are feeling, we should be feeling empathy for those girls who have faced this for real, because not matter whether the way of showing this is right or wrong, these things were real.

836559 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RoyalDreams97

+Infinite.

You said it all beautifully ma.

We failed to understand the pain and struggles people went through before embraced by our independence.

This is a really a good post.

Thanks for posting this. ♥

I hope you remember me. 🤗

Thank you so much! 🤗 I am glad you could relate ❤️

Yes I remember you Of course 🤗❤️

Katy4566 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..RiMi..

Thanks dear 🤗

I don't think Ani is at fault here. I agree it is not necessary that he has to sleep with her. But that is not what he is concerned about. Ani is worried because of what the society expects. If he shifts to the same room, no matter what they do inside, others will assume what they have to. Maybe he is not comfortable with that too.

I feel he himself is a victim here. We cannot ignore the fact that Ani himself is very young. He did not marry Bondita with a lot of thinking, it was more of a spur of the moment. He was against child marriage himself but he had to save her that day. Now whatever is happening is somehow making him the tool of what he does not want to happen. That is why he is trying to deny any husband-wife relation with her. I hope by the end of this track they show that a husband - wife relation is not all about consummation but much more than that. Two people who are having platonic love for each other can also be fit to be husband and wife.

see rn he is in a turmoil where people are making him or expecting him to those cruel practices with her like bon defended in her own way innocent one how platonic way is required to carry the relation forward and even ani knows bon also does not see any husband in her as come on she is too young, him sharing room with her would not be a problem if societu was not expecting anything from them , he needs time to come on with a bang and explain everyone true relation of heart, bon age , bon feelings and bon life as how will she feel disgusted, kaka in his moh and regressive thinking is not seeing the pure adoration bon feels for him, kaka again though loves bon a lot yet his rituals and that era mindset wasimportant, i want bon to question kaka if u love me , how did u force me into all this , as she will feel disgusted with all those people around her forcing into a dark truth behind a decorative facade, thank god she had ani who is trying every way to protect her and bon herslef fater getting emotional maturity will feel grateful that ani considered her his responsibility , they are showing all thse aspects rn so that in future a fierce woman can be shown and bon will oppose all these things as our bad memories of our childhood makes us fight against wrong doer.

ani has accepted bon emotionally and moreover as per him he felt physical apsect defines love which he felt for ini, with bon he will realise true aspect of love one which is unconditinal and is beyond any relation , ani will love her enough to let her go , i would also like what his pov is will he let bon choose love of her life ?? if he says this line too then mind u he is the best man you have come across

836559 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rudhitafan

Rimi😭

Krish 😭

I'm still in a depression more after watching yesterday's episode especially two scenes break my heart

One that young girl showing the reality to him yet she is not able to understand it and is laughing along with others without even knowing the truth....due to her innocence🥺

That was the most heart breaking scene ever 😭🥺 my trauma started from there only 😭

Secondly ani wanted to caress her with love and affection but due to fear of the society's cruelty he is stopping himself for her well being🥺

Yes that was so sad 😭 Poor Anirudh is facing all this all by himself. I really wish Saurav was with him 😭 and just see the Irony, Saurav's ex Wife is the one who is behind all this suffering 😡

These two pure souls have made an unknown barrier between them right now....but we know this barrier will break apart soon and they will shine victoriously❤️...and I'm waiting for that exact moment .... there are lot of barriers to come on their way ahead but this is the most difficult one that can happen to them ...once they break this barrier nothing more will separate them ever❤️

Yes Krish I am very excited to know how they will end this track and what changes will be there in Rudi's relationship after this ❤️

I was feeling disgusted for those ladies🤢🤢

Even today I was feeling suffocated throughout the day thinking of the kind of cruelties the girls of those are want through😭...I can never imagine something like this happen to any of us🤢...I was scared why they deliberately went too bold like this but now I too agree with you that may be this was their exact purpose to show the harsh reality on face .....👍🏼.....I won't ever be able to rewatch it again but that's it beauty .....well said rimi👏👏

Yes Krish this episode has made me so sad that it will last for long 😭 but it was much needed. Girls should be aware of all this 😭 We have so many reasons to be thankful for 👍🏼

You are an excellent writer with life in your words.....and I thank you for this review🤗❤️....I feel better now😳

Awww I am so glad I could do that Krish 🤗❤️

Word Count: 1

836559 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rudhitafan

👏👏👏well explained rimi.......and I wish the last sentence you write should be what rudhita should teach the society by the end of this track❤️

Thank you krish 🤗

Yes I want this to be the message behind the track 👍🏼

836559 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Katy4566

see rn he is in a turmoil where people are making him or expecting him to those cruel practices with her like bon defended in her own way innocent one how platonic way is required to carry the relation forward and even ani knows bon also does not see any husband in her as come on she is too young, him sharing room with her would not be a problem if societu was not expecting anything from them , he needs time to come on with a bang and explain everyone true relation of heart, bon age , bon feelings and bon life as how will she feel disgusted, kaka in his moh and regressive thinking is not seeing the pure adoration bon feels for him, kaka again though loves bon a lot yet his rituals and that era mindset wasimportant, i want bon to question kaka if u love me , how did u force me into all this , as she will feel disgusted with all those people around her forcing into a dark truth behind a decorative facade, thank god she had ani who is trying every way to protect her and bon herslef fater getting emotional maturity will feel grateful that ani considered her his responsibility , they are showing all thse aspects rn so that in future a fierce woman can be shown and bon will oppose all these things as our bad memories of our childhood makes us fight against wrong doer.

ani has accepted bon emotionally and moreover as per him he felt physical apsect defines love which he felt for ini, with bon he will realise true aspect of love one which is unconditinal and is beyond any relation , ani will love her enough to let her go , i would also like what his pov is will he let bon choose love of her life ?? if he says this line too then mind u he is the best man you have come across

Very well said katy 👏

Agreed totally! ❤️

Ms.akabane thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..RiMi..

I hardly write any serious reviews but this episode compelled me to 😊 I am overwhelmed and I need to let this out in one place otherwise I won't be able to go back to my normal self 😊

Hats OFF to the makers for bringing up such a critical issue and presenting it with so much intensity that I could actually feel the pain of every girl who went through this 👏

I don't know from where to start, but the very first thing which touched me was what Bondita said

: " Aapne hi kaha tha na Patibabu, Mahavari se kuchh nahi badalta... fir aap kyu aise badal gaye.."

She said everything in a single sentence and the entire episode revolved around that 😭

Bondita was getting all cleaned up for 'The Night' as if it was going to be the biggest 'achievement' of her life. Why? Because she got her periods. Is she ready for it? Is her body and mind matured enough ? Nobody cares now. The only thing they care about is that her body CAN conceive, so why wouldn't she ?

The sick mentality of people make them assume that it is the girl's duty to consummate her marriage, no matter what SHE wants. Even though technically, she is equally involved in the process, still the society doesn't let her have a say in this.

That entire scene showed how they used to Objectify women

Bondita, A girl who has huge dreams in her eyes was being brought down to a mere object of her husband's pleasure 💔Her feelings, her knowledge, her consent, her state of mind, her likes and dislikes are of no importance now.

The same people who used to treat her as a kid just a month back are now suddenly treating her as a grown up woman whose ONLY destiny is to keep her husband 'happy ' 😊 Those who loved and cared for her like a little innocent kid are now ready to make her start her own family 😊 They are ready to share with her the intricate details of consummation which might feel like horror to a 12 year old's innocent mind.

These people are not her enemies, they all are her well wishers , and this is the most painful truth. It's not that Kaka doesn't love Bon anymore , he surely does. But for him, Bondita's biggest achievement and sole purpose of existence is bearing a child. It is not his fault, it is the mentality.

Even today, a man is considered 'settled' when he is successful in his career. But a woman is 'settled' only when she is married and has kids 😊

The girl who came to tell Bondita - "Sajne me bohot khushi hoti hai, par baad me jo hota hai, saari khushi gayab ho jaati hai" 💔

I am still not over that scene 😭 This age old mentality has made such innocent girls suffer so much

I feel for the first time it has happened that I was glued to the screen, so engrossed in the feeling that I couldn't come here to give updates 😆 I still have loads to say but I am unable to because I am so moved

I must say, the episode was uncomfortable to watch with all the things that the women were explaining to Bondita so playfully and Bon being an innocent girl laughing away unable to understand anything. But that is exactly what I wanted to see!

If watching an episode is so difficult for us, imagine how those girls would have felt, who were victims of this custom! Imagine the state of mind of all the little girls like Bondita who had no idea what those women were talking about and what they might have faced afterwards. Not every husband was like Anirudh! 👏

This was a very moving episode! Kudos to the makers!

I am sure I will never watch those scenes again and THAT is the beauty of it. It leaves you with pain among all the laughter that scene had 💔

You said everything so beautifully ♥️ no one could have done a better job. I am still overwhelmed 😔 the fact that not every husband was a Anirudh; that really hit me 💔

836559 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms.akabane

You said everything so beautifully ♥️ no one could have done a better job. I am still overwhelmed 😔 the fact that not every husband was a Anirudh; that really hit me 💔

Thank you so much 🤗

Glad you could relate 🤗❤️

AK_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Bohot zyada late hu... But every word was right on spot... I loved the episode even though I'm never gonna watch it again. Its reality even today. Aaj bhi girls aren't told whats gonna happen and are forced to face that horror.

836559 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AK_2010

Bohot zyada late hu... But every word was right on spot... I loved the episode even though I'm never gonna watch it again. Its reality even today. Aaj bhi girls aren't told whats gonna happen and are forced to face that horror.

Agreed Akshu... it is a reality even today 🥺