Users

Frequent Posters

836559 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Toto123

U did a great job penning down d crux of d epi Rimi...👏

It was really a very difficult episode to watch😭

The mentality of the women specially was so disheartning

They all have gone through something similar..yet they dont feel the need to lessen d suffering of another young girl😔

Bon is oblivious to what they r saying..& so would any other girl in her place...If they cant stop d suffering the least they could do is prepare that girl by telling her the truth...🥱But no... they didnt...I really felt bad that bon didnt have her mother with her today.

Ani and bon scne was so touching❤️Ano is trying to preserve her innocence and at the same time save her .

It agree the episode showed much needed truths..but i m also worries that some of the line would not be taken in a positive light by our ITV audiences😒

I just hope that makers are prepared to deal with any glitches they might face coz of it, although i sincerely wish nothing of that sought happens👍🏼

Thank you toto 🤗

I feel those women have accepted that girls are meant to suffer and it is better to enjoy suffering that than feel bad about it 🥱 they are basically covering their eyes and thinking the world can't see them 😡

Aur ek Bondita hai who wants to do good for all women 😒

Yes I wish sumati was there 😭 I wanted to see her take on this 👍🏼

I think Ani is equally a victim of all this. Imagine the suffering he is going through 😭 out of all the implications of his marriage, this will always be the toughest part. He saved Bon from Sati now he has to save her from the atrocities of child marriage 😭 and people want him to be the one to make her the victim 🥱 😡

Yes I hope people open their eyes now 🙏 what they have shown is nothing as compared to what actually used to happened...

I hope people take it positively 👍🏼

836559 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mayurrana1299g

Rimi

You made me cry

I don't wen have words how to express this

Bondita and girls like her who were courageous in that era were also became victim of this horrible rituals 😭

Bondita is lucky to have a husband who is not like any other men's of that era but not all girls might have thus fortune to not face this wicked customs

Mayura 🤗 sorry i made u emotional 🤗😆

Yes.. in fact most of of were victims because of lack of awareness. 😔

Imagine how common was these rituals and how harsh the society was towards these girls 😭

836559 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AninditaP

The moment I saw that u have posted a serious review... I rushed to watch the episode...

Dita 😆I know 🤪 Episode itna heavy tha ki mujhe serious kar diya 🤪 MUJHE😭

After watching the episode I was numb, something just got stuck inside me...

Same feeling... as if something was wrong.. I felt choked and pained at heart 💔

After reading this I just couldn't control 😭... This episode was so uneasy and hard-hitting

It's really commendable that you have so aptly penned down the core of this episode and also the title is so thoughtful👏👏👏

Thank you so much for understanding my POV 🤗 Actually even I was feeling uneasy after then episode and I felt this was a very difficult one to even review. But I wanted to calm myself down by trying to decode how I felt..

When I looked at Bondita today, smiling and laughing away at those talks I felt how innocent she is and how dark these talks are... that's where the title came from

"Aapne hi kaha tha na Patibabu, Mahavari se kuchh nahi badalta... fir aap kyu aise badal gaye.."

Initially, I was just so so emotional due to this Ani-Bon scene...

But as the episode moved forward, after watching this scene,

"Sajne me bohot khushi hoti hai, par baad me jo hota hai, saari khushi gayab ho jaati hai"

I was numb... As pointed out by you, I am also not able to get over this scene ...

It was really painful to watch and think what it meant 😭🥺 And to know this was not fiction but reality of so many 💔

I must say, the episode was uncomfortable to watch with all the things that the women were explaining to Bondita so playfully and Bon being an innocent girl laughing away unable to understand anything. But that is exactly what I wanted to see!

Those scenes just broke my heart, but what broke my heart more is that this was/is actually the reality 💔

Yes. If all this was mere fiction then we wouldn't have felt so bad... but the thought always lingers that it was all true, not just 1920s but even today 😭

Then I felt thank god Ani is Bon's husband... But as you pointed out Not every husband was like Anirudh! 😭

And regarding Anirudh - He is gem of a person... Never have I ever seen a character like him ❤️ And it is just so sad to see that the society wants to turn this saviour into the tormentor 😒

Yes he is an amazing character 👏 He fights when he thinks he is right and he cries when he is hurt ❤️

I am sure I will never watch those scenes again and THAT is the beautify of it. It leaves you with pain among all the laughter that scene had smiley28 --- very well articulated👏

Want to express much more but I am just lacking words...

Hoping and praying that this track sails smoothly !!!

Thanks for your comment Dita 🤗 Even I want this track to become the best one till now and I hope people take it positively 👍🏼

Word Count: 1

836559 thumbnail

Originally posted by: leanne_1983

Beautiful and heartfelt review, Rimi👏

🤗 Thank you ❤️

This was my most favourite part. I just wish they stressed more and elaborated on that part than what the ladies were saying.

Yes I agree with you. They could have actually even extended that scene focusing on that girl, or they could have made her counter what the women were saying.

The ladies were speaking the truth and most of their dialogues were relevant, but a couple of dialogues at the end made me uncomfortable, not because I don't want to understand the situation of the girls at that time, but more because of how the audience is going to react and also because Aurra is a child and the controversies it could invite. In my opinion if they had to stress more on the young girl it would have been more impactful.

The main issue is the audience they are targeting. Those scenes would be very awkward to watch with family for most of us. But I have seen other shows like BV where they gave depicted such issues with child actors before.. let's see how Itv takes it this time 😔😕

Those women seemed to be heights of chichhori 😡🤬

" Aapne hi kaha tha na Patibabu, Mahavari se kuchh nahi badalta... fir aap kyu aise badal gaye.." smiley18

I really loved this part too. My heart goes out to both Anirudh and Bondita. They are undergoing so much of trauma and hurt, all because of the society and it's evil practices. It is tearing them apart, but neither is to be blamed. It hurts to see them like this after all the progress they had made in their relationship.

Yes.. not just Bon but Anirudh is equally a victim in this their innocent relation is suffering the most. Ani did not have any problems with her periods until Kaka and Pandit opened their mouth 😡

P.S. Loved the post Title "Innocence in the Dark"👍🏼

Thank you 🤗

Word Count: 1

Arcturus_S thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Nice review Rimi 😊

It is sad that the loved ones of the girls do all these things to them, not because they hate them but out of their love. Kaka represents the society. That was the way of the world during those times and no one thought about the negative side. 😔 Even the progressive thinkers like Tagore did the same, even though he supported women's education 😔

I appreciate the courage of the makers to show it in an ITV prime time show 👏Let's wait and see how it will be received.

Coming back to the show I felt Ani made the condition worse. I mean staying in the same room doesn't mean he has to sleep with her. They can share room according to Bon's concept, talking ,studying or playing and can sleep on separate beds. No one will know what is happening there and Kaka wouldn't have made all these public drama and drugging. Later he can send her to Kolkata or London for higher studies for some years.

He behaves in a way that no one should ever say that they ever had any husband-wife relation. That's why I'm not happy with 'zimmedari' word. It is like once Bon becomes independent, they will go their separate ways. A man and woman having a very close relationship without romantic angle is a refreshing concept but my Ani-Bon shipper heart will break 🥺

Malika1993.06 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Wonderful review dearsmiley32

I can't stop my tears smiley19smiley28

I didn't watched episode yet smiley13

If only by reading your review I'm like this smiley38

then what will happen to me when I watch the episode smiley19 I can't express what I am feeling right now you have written everything so well and beautiful❤️ I'm feeling as if I just watched the episode while reading your review

Hats off to the makers for this brave step smiley32smiley27

and to the Actors Pravisht, Aura everyone who are doing their work wonderfullysmiley27

Thank you so so so so much RiMi for the amazing review smiley27

Edited by Malika1993.06 - 3 years ago
Raghav_Rao thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Although I haven't watched the episode yet but the way you have described and wrote the review....it made me cry behan

That line sajne mein toh bahut khushi hoti hai lekin bad mein jo hota hai woh.....😭

Sorry i have no words to explain what i'm feeling right now, sorry i can't write more. But one thing which I wanna say is...hats off to the makers showing this concept, where little girls had to face this or custom in that era👏

Indira12 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Hi there. I am new to the forum and was a silent member till now. Your review however compelled me to comment. The review is as powerful as the episode was ❤️.

To be honest even I was feeling a bit weird until I came across your lines, "I am sure I will never watch those scenes again and THAT is the beautify of it. It leaves you with pain among all the laughter that scene had ", I guess that's what the aim of the episode was. I am now glad it brought out the raw reality, however harsh it is and did not whitewashed the scenes or dialogues. I remember in one of the latest episodes Bon says to Sampoo that she and Ani protect, understand and respect each other, have care and concern for each other, isn't it enough for a husband-wife and does only sharing a room supposedly proves them to be a husband and wife. We do understand THAT is a part of a husband-wife relationship, but that is not the only thing. Most of the time people have an easy command over those things, what becomes difficult is to maintain Bon's aforesaid prospects. Majority of the women who were making Bon "ready" and saying those things did not understand these prospects of a relationship because that was how things were in those times. Respect, care, concern and most importantly a woman's consent was non existent in that era and somewhere is still non-existent. I love how Ani and Bon have grown in this relationship, how they have commanded over the most difficult aspects of a relationship. Their relation is something the conservative society won't understand. It's beautiful that the makers are constantly stressing over that fact. I know they both still have a lot to grow but growth is an innate and endless aspect of any relationship. Just hope they both come out victorious in these testing times.

Sorry for the long speech😛😆. I wanted to share it for so long and after reading your beautiful review could not help myself from discussing. Do pardon my mistakes please😳. Thank you😊.

Home786 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

Rimi a hearty thanks to you for writing this important review with much needed awareness regarding current track.. After months, I thought about writing reviews on BB episodes just yesterday.. But after seeing your reviews, I fell short of words.. You said it all beautifully. You have penned it down so delicately that a reader can feel the pain of a girl on those pre independence era… !! The title itself is a best and symbolism of our dark history..

Yepp!! Hats off to makers for bringing these sensitive issues into limelight which existed in our very own country where our ancestors in the name of customs and traditions pushed every girl into the hell of fire subconsciously owing to cherish happiness.. You can never heal completely. The scars will always stay behind, just to remind how cruel the time was once to you. But someday, you will learn to see beauty in the world that gave you these scars. And your eyes will shine with no lies in it. That day, you become beautiful. With bearing all the scars, Which you always tried to hide from everyone. Kudos to makers for showing this reality of women's destiny in a delicate yet subtle way. They clearly showed how cruelly sweet are the echoes that start, when memory plays an old tune on the heart!

It was cruel. Like opening a birdcage to let the bird fly out, whilst all the while it's tethered by the leg, and freedom is only an illusion.. In the four walls of customs and rituals, the girls have been imprisoned and caged all through these decades. Nature can be cruel. Predators are everywhere. Those who don't need to be protected from outside forces often need to be protected from themselves. In society, women are referred to as "the fairer gender". But in the wild, the female species can be far more ferocious than their male counterparts. Defending the nest is both our oldest and strongest instinct. And sometimes, it can also be the most gratifying.. All these years, girls ferociously taming themselves to keep

them alive amidst this brutal male chauvinism….

"Aapne hi kaha tha na Patibabu, Mahavari se kuchh nahi badalta... fir aap kyu aise badal gaye.." This line forecasted the cry out of an innocent heart whose mind is juggled with numerous questions.. Innocence tinctures all things with brightest hues. Sometimes unintentionally cruel is the worst cruel of all. And that's what society has been to girls those days. Within a period of dawn and dusk, a girl's life sets in forever forbidden darkness.. We've let the blade of our innocence dull over time, and it's only in innocence that you find any kind of magic, any kind of courage. But, here our Bondu's innocence is like a polished armour which will be adored and defended by his saviour ARC, a man who can draw his sword and slit the throat of his tormentor. This little kid is longing to understand the sudden changes in her life overnight, her questions are reliable but answers are still inconclusive..

People tend to forget the fact that The shedding of blood has historically been seen as a male act of heroism: from right-of-passage fistfights, to contact sports and combat. Infrequent, random events seen as standalone milestones; stories to tell once the pain - and enough time - has passed. Female bleeding is more mundane, more frequent, more getwithit, despite its existence being the reason that every single life begins.. They tend to forget that there's a right time for everything. They tend to forget that there is no formula to relationships. They have to be negotiated in loving ways, with room for both parties, what they want and what they need, what they can do and what their life is like. They tend to forget that Love is when you are as concerned about someone else’s situation as you are about your own. That little kid is getting ready to pave her destiny to some undesirable destination.!! And sadistically those victims are paving way for another innocent predation with cheers!! I pity those young souls who are unaware of things happening to them in the name of rituals and guardians order.. Their desires are buried within their heart.

Yep!! Bondita, an innocent soul who always dreams of flying high, step ups to bring a change and set an example and who sings a melody of warriors are just now bound to cherish his husband's wish and happiness.. Mens who spike girls' desires to their wants, saying they're true assailants will be understatement.. Think of those girls who had never given wings to fly. !!!!

The world is little, people are little, human life is little. There is only one big thing - desire. Desire is the kind of thing that eats you and leaves you starving. People quickly change their desires as circumstances change.. The people who always shut girls' spell of words saying that they're kids all of a sudden want the same girl to walk past the most difficult pasteurs of life.. Wants young girls to dump under the desires of mens to bear some peace. Desire is a powerful force that can be used to make things happen. And for the sake of their ruthless desires, they want girls like Bondita to give up their happiness to stimulate others' wishes..

The saddest tragedy is that the biggest pains we receive from our cherished circles. They love and live with us but fail to endure the pain of each other.. Kaka and the entire RC's love Bondita but they want the little soul to get dwell under their dreams and wishes.. They tend to mould nature according to their wills in case of girls and demould nature's will for mens.. These are some prejudices that existed before.. Still, today men's success is rated with his achievements and women's by their rate of keeping their family happy but their sacrifices are not measured in fact not even accountable.. Here, Kaka wants children from Bon as the cause of her life and happiness.

"Sajne me bahut khushi hoti hai, par baad me jo hota hai, saari khushi gayab ho jaati hai" , this line from the girl who was already a victim of such cruelty portrayed the sad reality of that era where's girls minds were dwelled with sweet and unknown fantasies and allow their innocent soul to get cremated in the lust of others desires and quest. Bondu is getting ready happily, unaware of the fact that people giggling around her are the ones who will push her to the grievous grave where her happiness will be buried within the falls of miseries. She is unaware of the fact that her hallucinations of flying high are going to get tore into ashes of tears and repentance forever. Kudos to Aura for portraying this very well beyond excellence..

Yesss!! The episode is uncomfortable and disturbing to watch with those dialogues being dictated to a girl who is unaware of anything happening around.. We looked and encountered the episode with our mindset and present era.. On the other hand, it's a really bitter truth that the girls of the same age were made to sit in the same venture all deck up only to sacrifice their childhood, happiness, dreams and cremate their soul and aspirations entrapped by others imperations.. We can't even imagine those girls' worries and agonies.. Fortunately, we are not in that darkness.. But the question is, even after decades and independence, are girls allowed to fly free? Are girls' aspirations reaching their destination?? Are girls secure in their places? Are girls allowed to be artists of their own picture, writers of their own story??? The Answer is NO…

Societies and communities change, dictionaries are rewritten; people and ideas die off. The point is for us to develop so much that when we outgrow the awareness of the community, we willfully reach back to pull others forward with our knowledge. When this will be established, then girls can fly high flapping their wings high owning their dreams…… … ..

Sorry for the long post!! 🤗

Edited by Home786 - 3 years ago
Ka_ta thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Rimi, thank you so much for this wonderful write up. I love the clarity and confidence which reflects in your writings.

Honestly , I never thought that I'll feel emotionally low and wrenched on watching BB.But today's episode , I feel is genuinely one of the most crucial and forthright ones ever .

In spite of being an open minded adult, I was shaken to the core when the women were accentuating Bondita's features for living up to her husband's carnal desires .

Their words were direct, unfiltered and crude. Respect to the makers for their direct and straight-talking nature.Indeed , it takes a whole lot of courage , to befittingly highlight the agonizing and excruciating plights that were acclaimed and preached so extensively in the then era .

It's thought provoking to the core.If we, the Gen Z , the most advanced and forward looking millennials are feeling a diverse range of profound emotions through just a twenty minute show, imagine the atrocities , the extortions and the physical -emotional crisis faced by the adolescents then.

The best track of BB till date.Learning a lot .