Innocence in the Dark||Episode 202

836559 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I hardly write any serious reviews but this episode compelled me to 😊 I am overwhelmed and I need to let this out in one place otherwise I won't be able to go back to my normal self 😊

Hats OFF to the makers for bringing up such a critical issue and presenting it with so much intensity that I could actually feel the pain of every girl who went through this πŸ‘

I don't know from where to start, but the very first thing which touched me was what Bondita said

: " Aapne hi kaha tha na Patibabu, Mahavari se kuchh nahi badalta... fir aap kyu aise badal gaye.."

She said everything in a single sentence and the entire episode revolved around that 😭

Bondita was getting all cleaned up for 'The Night' as if it was going to be the biggest 'achievement' of her life. Why? Because she got her periods. Is she ready for it? Is her body and mind matured enough ? Nobody cares now. The only thing they care about is that her body CAN conceive, so why wouldn't she ?

The sick mentality of people make them assume that it is the girl's duty to consummate her marriage, no matter what SHE wants. Even though technically, she is equally involved in the process, still the society doesn't let her have a say in this.

That entire scene showed how they used to Objectify women

Bondita, A girl who has huge dreams in her eyes was being brought down to a mere object of her husband's pleasure πŸ’”Her feelings, her knowledge, her consent, her state of mind, her likes and dislikes are of no importance now.

The same people who used to treat her as a kid just a month back are now suddenly treating her as a grown up woman whose ONLY destiny is to keep her husband 'happy ' 😊 Those who loved and cared for her like a little innocent kid are now ready to make her start her own family 😊 They are ready to share with her the intricate details of consummation which might feel like horror to a 12 year old's innocent mind.

These people are not her enemies, they all are her well wishers , and this is the most painful truth. It's not that Kaka doesn't love Bon anymore , he surely does. But for him, Bondita's biggest achievement and sole purpose of existence is bearing a child. It is not his fault, it is the mentality.

Even today, a man is considered 'settled' when he is successful in his career. But a woman is 'settled' only when she is married and has kids 😊

The girl who came to tell Bondita - "Sajne me bohot khushi hoti hai, par baad me jo hota hai, saari khushi gayab ho jaati hai" πŸ’”

I am still not over that scene 😭 This age old mentality has made such innocent girls suffer so much

I feel for the first time it has happened that I was glued to the screen, so engrossed in the feeling that I couldn't come here to give updates πŸ˜† I still have loads to say but I am unable to because I am so moved

I must say, the episode was uncomfortable to watch with all the things that the women were explaining to Bondita so playfully and Bon being an innocent girl laughing away unable to understand anything. But that is exactly what I wanted to see!

If watching an episode is so difficult for us, imagine how those girls would have felt, who were victims of this custom! Imagine the state of mind of all the little girls like Bondita who had no idea what those women were talking about and what they might have faced afterwards. Not every husband was like Anirudh! πŸ‘

This was a very moving episode! Kudos to the makers!

I am sure I will never watch those scenes again and THAT is the beauty of it. It leaves you with pain among all the laughter that scene had πŸ’”

Edited by ..RiMi.. - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

992637 thumbnail

Rimi u made me cry.... Literally as a girl I don't know no words it's just please understand...

Thank you for the review

Really thank you

The harsh reality faced by every girl during that era... As you mentioned the girls are said settled only when they have kids even now.. imagine how much brutality that era women went through..

The makers made very bold move ... Hats off to them...

You, toto and isra are the first ones to understand what I was going through....

Each and every line written by you is true...

Imagine we are not able to see and hear those dialogues.. what must those girls have gone through.... because they have to experience...

I appreciate your guts to put your point very boldly....not afraid of other opinions....

πŸ‘

Bravo girl.... I adore your guts....

Edited by RUDY575 - 3 years ago
1183945 thumbnail

+infinity

❀️❀️❀️

Edited by mnm13 - 3 years ago
Toto123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

U did a great job penning down d crux of d epi Rimi...πŸ‘

It was really a very difficult episode to watch😭

The mentality of the women specially was so disheartning

They all have gone through something similar..yet they dont feel the need to lessen d suffering of another young girlπŸ˜”

Bon is oblivious to what they r saying..& so would any other girl in her place...If they cant stop d suffering the least they could do is prepare that girl by telling her the truth...πŸ₯±But no... they didnt...I really felt bad that bon didnt have her mother with her today.

Ani and bon scne was so touching❀️Ano is trying to preserve her innocence and at the same time save her .

It agree the episode showed much needed truths..but i m also worries that some of the line would not be taken in a positive light by our ITV audiencesπŸ˜’

I just hope that makers are prepared to deal with any glitches they might face coz of it, although i sincerely wish nothing of that sought happensπŸ‘πŸΌ

Edited by Toto123 - 3 years ago
AninditaP thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

The moment I saw that u have posted a serious review... I rushed to watch the episode...

After watching the episode I was numb, something just got stuck inside me... After reading this I just couldn't control 😭... This episode was so uneasy and hard-hitting

It's really commendable that you have so aptly penned down the core of this episode and also the title is so thoughtfulπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

"Aapne hi kaha tha na Patibabu, Mahavari se kuchh nahi badalta... fir aap kyu aise badal gaye.."

Initially, I was just so so emotional due to this Ani-Bon scene...

But as the episode moved forward, after watching this scene,

"Sajne me bohot khushi hoti hai, par baad me jo hota hai, saari khushi gayab ho jaati hai"

I was numb... As pointed out by you, I am also not able to get over this scene ...

I must say, the episode was uncomfortable to watch with all the things that the women were explaining to Bondita so playfully and Bon being an innocent girl laughing away unable to understand anything. But that is exactly what I wanted to see!

Those scenes just broke my heart, but what broke my heart more is that this was/is actually the reality πŸ’”

Then I felt thank god Ani is Bon's husband... But as you pointed out Not every husband was like Anirudh! 😭

And regarding Anirudh - He is gem of a person... Never have I ever seen a character like him ❀️ And it is just so sad to see that the society wants to turn this saviour into the tormentor πŸ˜’

I am sure I will never watch those scenes again and THAT is the beautify of it. It leaves you with pain among all the laughter that scene had smiley28 --- very well articulatedπŸ‘

Want to express much more but I am just lacking words...

Hoping and praying that this track sails smoothly !!!

Edited by AninditaP - 3 years ago
Mayu_ra thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Rimi

You made me cry

I don't wen have words how to express this

Bondita and girls like her who were courageous in that era were also became victim of this horrible rituals 😭

Bondita is lucky to have a husband who is not like any other men's of that era but not all girls might have thus fortune to not face this wicked customs

leanne_1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Beautiful and heartfelt review, RimiπŸ‘

"The girl who came to tell Bondita - "Sajne me bohot khushi hoti hai, par baad me jo hota hai, saari khushi gayab ho jaati hai" smiley18smiley28

I am still not over that scene smiley19 This age old mentality has made such innocent girls suffer so much smiley18"

This was my most favourite part. I just wish they stressed more and elaborated on that part than what the ladies were saying. The ladies were speaking the truth and most of their dialogues were relevant, but a couple of dialogues at the end made me uncomfortable, not because I don't want to understand the situation of the girls at that time, but more because of how the audience is going to react and also because Aurra is a child and the controversies it could invite. In my opinion if they had to stress more on the young girl it would have been more impactful.

" Aapne hi kaha tha na Patibabu, Mahavari se kuchh nahi badalta... fir aap kyu aise badal gaye.." smiley18

I really loved this part too. My heart goes out to both Anirudh and Bondita. They are undergoing so much of trauma and hurt, all because of the society and it's evil practices. It is tearing them apart, but neither is to be blamed. It hurts to see them like this after all the progress they had made in their relationship.

P.S. Loved the post Title "Innocence in the Dark"πŸ‘πŸΌ

Arvi_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

powerful and super duper review Rimi di....

I too felt uncomfortable while watching the scene...and the sentence that u wrote about the man being settled is so true .... hatsoff to the makers for bringing out the harsh reality of that era...but I also felt they could have been a little bit gentle in the usage of wordsπŸ˜…πŸ˜…

GumnaamHaiKoii thumbnail

Amazing Post πŸ‘πŸΌ

Such a wonder & powerful writing by Writers πŸ‘

It was very uncomfortable to think about implications of what they’re talking about to a young 12 year old Cutepie Bon πŸ˜’

But to actually imagine how real young girls go through this is even more heartbreaking πŸ’”

And sadly this still happens in smaller sections of our society, I have visited few areas where 15-16 year old are mothers how heartbreaking that is 😭

We can only hope 🀞for improvement

Edited by Radiant_Eyes_ - 3 years ago
836559 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RUDY575

Rimi u made me cry.... Literally as a girl I don't know no words it's just please understand...

Thank you for the review

Really thank you

The harsh reality faced by every girl during that era... As you mentioned the girls are said settled only when they have kids even now.. imagine how much brutality that era women went through..

The makers made very bold move ... Hats off to them...

You, toto and isra are the first ones to understand what I was going through....

Each and every line written by you is true...

Imagine we are not able to see and hear those dialogues.. what must those girls have gone through.... because they have to experience...

I appreciate your guts to put your point very boldly....not afraid of other opinions....

πŸ‘

Bravo girl.... I adore your guts....

Monu πŸ€— I can feel you behen 😭 I felt like crying so I made u all cry with me 🀣πŸ€ͺ sorriieeee 😳

Yes.. the impact and strength of that mentality was so strong that it exists even now

Makers have done great job with this πŸ‘

Yes monu we all are girls and we know how it feels... we know the gravity of the situation πŸ€— so we felt emotional 😭

Aren't we privileged to be here in this era and not be involved in all this? 😳