Why did Jaya Bachchan stop making movies?

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 3 years ago

She made such a strong comeback to films with Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham and Kal Ho Na Ho. Why did she stop acting? 

She is such a delight to watch onscreen! Her acting is so real and natural.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I think she found politics more amusing ðŸ˜† But honestly it must be her husband he probably did not want her to act anymore.

forza thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

She is very good actress , to be honest I never give damn about mother roles till Jaya Bachchan  had happen. 

GumGum thumbnail

She forgot acting as an old woman. 

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

She is busy being a typical Indian MIL to her own daughter-in-law. Whatever time remains is invested in keeping a tab on her husband and then on defending Bollywood ki ched wali thaali in the Parliament.

We have lost Jaya Bachhan, the actor, somewhere between those roles.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Cause shes ugly ðŸ˜†

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Cause shes ugly ðŸ˜†

Yeah right.

Image result for jaya bachchan beautiful

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

When young i think her husband and in laws did not approve her acting after marriage 

Only silsila and a few other movies she did after wedding 

AB is typical patriachial mindset man although outside he talks very modern 

He married his daughter also very young, poor girl is mother of 20 year olds in 40s only 

Hope grand daughter is allowed to study and work and achieve her dreams unlike poor jaya and shweta 

Navya can become a successful actress she has the looks and grandparents intense eyes and charm too

You can see all this repression has made jaya an angry woman

Jaya seems to be jealous of ash success and limelight even in late 40s  

If abhishek was successful no way they would have allowed ash to act may be 

Edited by myviewprem - 3 years ago
Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

SO beautiful and elegant. 

What sets her apart from everyone else is the kind of films she did and the type of characters she played. I read somewhere that she would never do something that she didn't believe in and went as far as fighting the directors if they wanted her to do things that went against her belief. I think it was one time a director wanted her to wear a ripped blouse or sari onscreen to prove that she was assaulted and she refused.

I was interested in her talent after finding out that she won a scholarship to the prestigious acting school. I discovered her movies late, I think just recent years back. She's one of the best, definitely under-rated as an artist. Her films are so decent to watch, so pleasant. Like Bawarchi, which Hero No1 is loosely based on. Then Chupke Chupke...

I low-key think AB Snr was jealous of her and hence kept her away from films. I mean even in their old age, they made noise when they acted together onscreen again after years.

The kind of woman that she became is like she realised she spent all her best years staying at home and taking care of the kids while her husband went out to play and had all the fun! It's sad! 

YourCat thumbnail

If she cant even stand the camera guys few feets away, how should the director shoot? Plus she dont even like the light getting into her eyes

Edited by Lalakhun1 - 3 years ago