Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1200678 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Srk juhi looks so good together

1123225 thumbnail

This was clearly long ago. She looks very young.

And what she said hasn't been true for a long time. Sad for this SRK fan to admit it.

He has been chasing box office success instead of interesting cinema since the 2000s. That, too, on the basis of his star image. This has ironically led to a prolonged flop phase because his star image is that of loverboy which doesn't last beyond a certain age in life.

Honestly, I don't know if he even gets it. I saw an interview where he claims Zero was *different* because he played a dwarf in it. But the overall plot was the same ghisa pita guy-gets-girl. Dwarf thing was no more imp to the plot than a costume chnage. And no, tweaks about going to space don't count.

SRK, at this point, needs a drastic change in trajectory where he completely sheds his prior image AND gives the audience something they enjoy (not Raees type). What boggles ze mind is the fact he does recognize good cinema when someone else does it. Case in point: Badla.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

She also said something else when she saw him for the first time:

https://youtu.be/pPiyOnepJbU

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

This was clearly long ago. She looks very young.

And what she said hasn't been true for a long time. Sad for this SRK fan to admit it.

He has been chasing box office success instead of interesting cinema since the 2000s. That, too, on the basis of his star image. This has ironically led to a prolonged flop phase because his star image is that of loverboy which doesn't last beyond a certain age in life.

Honestly, I don't know if he even gets it. I saw an interview where he claims Zero was *different* because he played a dwarf in it. But the overall plot was the same ghisa pita guy-gets-girl. Dwarf thing was no more imp to the plot than a costume chnage. And no, tweaks about going to space don't count.

SRK, at this point, needs a drastic change in trajectory where he completely sheds his prior image AND gives the audience something they enjoy (not Raees type). What boggles ze mind is the fact he does recognize good cinema when someone else does it. Case in point: Badla.

Not that surprising- he is at the moment a victim of his own massive, gargantuan image and success. Every superstar in the world from Rajesh Khanna to Big B to even Tom Cruise has gone through this phase.

I do agree with you that he needs to reboot with a good, gritty political drama or thriller or even a web series. Go back to his basics and to a no frills role.

I think he is incredibly versatile even now and his talent remains under utilized.

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sashay01

Not that surprising- he is at the moment a victim of his own massive, gargantuan image and success. Every superstar in the world from Rajesh Khanna to Big B to even Tom Cruise has gone through this phase.

I do agree with you that he needs to reboot with a good, gritty political drama or thriller or even a web series. Go back to his basics and to a no frills role.

I think he is incredibly versatile even now and his talent remains under utilized.

He usually does a negative role as a palate cleanser when he's tired of doing the same old thing. But the problem is that his fans won't let him do a straight out negative role. The makers will end up glorifying his character as usual to please the fans. In Fan he should have played either of the roles -but not both. That was an effort to please his fans. Don 2 took away all the fun of the prequel by reducing Priyanka's cop to a siderole and glorifying SRK. In Don : The Chase Begins Priyanka was an equal and a threat. Plus Don had to face some serious opponents from Vardhan,his own boss etc. In Don 2 he was basically the all-clever all powerful god who could takeout his opponents whenever he pleased.

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

An equivalent to Mintyblue found.

1123225 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sashay01

Which is why it bugs me to see him do the same Raj/Rahul over and over or supposed gritty films with wafer-thin plots.

Right now, he needs a couple of plot-oriented movies. Character sketches should come after he reestablishes himself. Tbh, if Pathan is anything like War, I'm not sure it will work.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 6

My only complaint with SRK as an actor is that he became confined to the role of a romantic hero. This guy would have gotten so much scope to perform in grey/negative characters. If only.

He can still turn things around but seems rather complacent.

Talcum thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Yes he is very versatile. He is not making use of his talent is another thing ...but his acting skills are brilliant.