Widow Survival Strategy!! GET MARRIED!!

NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 years ago

I have absolutely given up all hope of this show to go on paths of a sensible track. We all know that Rudhita is the ultimate couple, but has, even for once, the point been taken up that marrying a widow is not the right way to rescue her??

Few scenes of Aniruddh missing his first love Mini and getting angry at Bondita, but that book shut itself with Mini turning a vamp.

Now coming to the Hira Mandi girls. I was happy they didn't show a one boyfriend each track for them and was hoping they will show them succeeding in life in ways like using education to run their shop better, or participate in the freedom movement. But no, their track died an untimely death with Saurabh.

And the school admission for which Rudhita risked so much, has Bondita been shown to attend school even once till now?? Isn't she missing class??

The final nail in the coffin, instead of Sampoorna being rescued from an unwanted marriage with Bihari and being given a career or a good personality, we have her become a full-time vamp, with her parents drooling over her new-found wealth and conspiring to make her a sole owner of the property.

As if all a widow can do is marry and be saved....

If we replace Rudhita with an adult couple, remove the "Dhitam Dhitam" background music, and make this a contemporary soap instead of a period drama, what difference will it make??

Won't all the plot points, dialogues and context still be relevant and usable???

How does this make this show any different from the others we have on all other channels?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

leanne_1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Well said👍🏼

has, even for once, the point been taken up that marrying a widow is not the right way to rescue her??

This is so true. I can understand Anirudh's reasons for marrying Bondita. It was a spur of the moment decision to save a little girl's life. I know Mini turning into a vamp made it easier for her to fall out of favour in Anirudh's eyes, but somehow I feel she was always selfish and never truly loved Anirudh but rather she loved the image of a comfortable life in London with a handsome, intelligent man. From the beginning she didn't want to support his dreams but she wanted to change his dreams to support hers. So chances are even if it was not for Bondita, a stubborn man like Anirudh would never give up his dream for Mini.... Sorry I digressed.

By showing Sampoorna marrying Binoy and making up a fake story similar to Anirudh's they are making it seem as if marrying a widow is the only way out. And Anirudh, a man all about Women Empowerment being so super duper happy and excited about the marriage doesn't even make sense. I would understand if they were in love and got married. But Anirudh being so happy about this majboori marriage? Did he ask either of them whether they were happy with the marriage?🤔

The final nail in the coffin, instead of Sampoorna being rescued from an unwanted marriage with Bihari and being given a career or a good personality, we have her become a full-time vamp, with her parents drooling over her new-found wealth and conspiring to make her a sole owner of the property.

They have destroyed the uniqueness of the show just to be in the TRP race. I wouldn't put it past the channel for demanding for the Saas-Bahu track just to attract TRP aunties.

In my opinion, by taking the current route they have proved Kaka's words right that a widow will be an apshaguni to the home. They could have easily shown Sampoorna helping Bondita catch Munshi and Fake Shubra and helping save Anirudh's life. That way they could have shown Kaka's view about widows changing. They could have brought a music teacher and started a parallel widow remarriage track if they wanted. I know this goes against your main topic "Widow survival strategy, get married", but they could have shown a widow remarriage track in the show not as a survival mechanism but for love and companionship, something that was taboo at that time. Or they could have shown one widow (Sampoorna) becoming independent, while another widow (Sumati) getting remarried for love and Anirudh and Bondita supporting her.

About the Heera Mandi girls, I have a feeling that they were planning to extend the track. But probably a combination of low TRPs and Corona restrictions made them cut short the track.

However, regarding Bondita's education track, even if they couldn't show the school and students they could have shown a few things related to Bondita's school experiences. Like,

1) Bondita struggling being the only girl in school.

2) Maybe she might have been having trouble with certain subjects, like English for example.

3) They had selected a cute funny school Principal. They could have shown something about Anirudh receiving complaints from the principal about Bondita's mischievous behaviour and troubling the boys. After all she is a kid and she was famous in her village for trying boys to trees or getting them into trouble.

There are so many things they could have shown without violating any restrictions.

Having said that, I am really hoping the show gets back on track and there is a good reason for showing this Sampoorna-Binoy marriage track, maybe to set the next track and not just for Saas-Bahu drama.

NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: leanne_1983

They have destroyed the uniqueness of the show just to be in the TRP race. I wouldn't put it past the channel for demanding for the Saas-Bahu track just to attract TRP aunties.

In my opinion, by taking the current route they have proved Kaka's words right that a widow will be an apshaguni to the home. They could have easily shown Sampoorna helping Bondita catch Munshi and Fake Shubra and helping save Anirudh's life. That way they could have shown Kaka's view about widows changing. They could have brought a music teacher and started a parallel widow remarriage track if they wanted. I know this goes against your main topic "Widow survival strategy, get married", but they could have shown a widow remarriage track in the show not as a survival mechanism but for love and companionship, something that was taboo at that time. Or they could have shown one widow (Sampoorna) becoming independent, while another widow (Sumati) getting remarried for love and Anirudh and Bondita supporting her.

That exactly, is the sad part, and KSG will be proven right about calling Sampoorna inauspicious. Frankly I didn't mind Binoy marrying Sampoorna if it was done in the right manner as I think Binoy is a grey, but still redeemable character.

There are so many possible story arcs in a pre-independence setting around Bondita going to school and Aniruddh struggling for her. If they want to show drama and conflict, ample scope in possible in tracks below,

1. Bondita not concentrating on studies for housework and Aniruddh being displeased about it.

2. Bondita or any of the HM girls facing bullying in school

3. Conflict of Aniruddh's nationalistic views with western education

4. Discrimination faced between English and Indian students

5. Special appearances of important freedom fighting characters (there were so many in West Bengal)

But the sad part is our writers these days have lost creativity, all they can do is copy paste.