Kiran48312 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Aastha deserves some now!!!!!!

TWO SLAPS ACROSS THE FACE!!

enough is enough

ok i admit if i was in her position i'd be mad,

a month, maybe even a little over a month.

But changing her career ok. . . NO!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iruaG thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I don't think Aastha deserves a slap, I think she needs to be made to understand the situation by Simran or someone else. She is not a spoilt kid, she has been overprotected by Simran and does not understand that relationships are fragile and need to be preserved before it is too late.

The fact that she is not worldly wise is not her fault, It is Simran's. Simran overprotected her and excessively pampered her because she was insecure owing to her own daughter's kidnapping 18 years ago. Also she was afraid that Radhaji might stake claim over Aastha when she was older (remember Aastha is not legally adopted) and that Aastha might leave Simran and go with Radhaji if she felt she was not getting what she wanted. If Simran had brought up Aastha telling her the truth about Neha, Abhi and herself, I don't think Aastha would have turned out to be so hypersensitive. I think she would have been a normal girl. I agree that Sia too was not told the truth about her parents but we need to remember that Sia was not overprotected. She could take care of herself and basically fend for herself. She had a mature outlook unlike Aastha.

Consider Aastha's situation here. We need to remember that she is only 18 years old. She has been an only child so far, and is used to getting her way and is used to being pampered. Suddenly she finds out that the lady she's been thinking of as her mom really isn't her mom at all but was in fact the "other woman" in her parents' life. (Remember she doesn't know the whole story and to an outsider like her it would seem like Simran was the other woman based on what Radhaji told her.) I think it is but natural that she hates Simran--hates her for hiding the facts from her and hates her for being the cause of her biological mother's death. Her decision to change her career stems from her hatred for Simran.

From the preview we know that Aastha does decide to give Simran another chance, but here again Simran commits another blunder by not telling her about Radhaji. Obviously Aastha is going to misunderstand Simran, moreso when she finds out about Abhi, and honestly I don't blame her. Also all her possessive instincts for Simran come to the fore whenever Simran is with Sia because as I've just said she is an only child and is not used to someone else sharing Simran's love.

I think it is all Simran's fault, not telling Aastha the truth. I actually feel sorry for the poor girl. She may have done some childish things but we need to remember she is an 18 year old who's going through so much of emotional turmoil. She needs sometime to sort it out. Ideally Simran should try to understand Aastha's point of view and make her understand hers. Unfortunately she doesn't seem to have the time as she is caught up between Sia-Abhi and the hospital. It is a trivial matter right now but later on it may lead to something big. As to that only time, and Ajay Sinha, can tell.

Edited by koihai - 19 years ago
Kiran48312 thumbnail
I understand what u mean, so is still young but atleast she should think things thorugh a little but more, of course she is mad at simran and she has every right to be, Simran treated her like she would've treated the other aastha-Sia. Sia is just as old, maybe she got pampered to, the never showed her background, shes also the same age and is going through almost the same thing, but Aastha is in a better situation she doesnt need to look for her mom. Sia is handeling it just fine. Simran's fault or not dont u think shes even a little bit wrong?

AWWW man, u gave it away. I never knew she was going to give simran another chance, and simran wasnt going to tell radahji

wahhhhh😭
scorpio_pk thumbnail
Koihai ! I totally agree with you...
PriyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I disagree with you Koihai.

As much as you are right about Simran pampering and spoiling Aastha, I believe that Aastha too easily accepted Radha's version of events. Instead of giving Simran an opportunity to explain, she ran away. She could have handled the situation in the mature way that Sia did. I think Sia and Astha's upbringings could not have been that different, but Sia is certainly more mature. Astha also had an advantage, as she knows who her parents are. There would be absolutely no gain on her part to find out more about Neha.

Secondly, Aastha has certainly not displayed any maturity in her handling of situations previously, always letting her emotions control her actions. I think Aastha's behaviour stems from a deep-seated insecurity that she'll never be able to emulate Simran's success. Finding out that Simran is not her real mother has released Aastha from following in Simran's footsteps and becoming a doctor.

I think you also need to see it from Simran's view - she was terrified of losing a child again, and was therefore reluctant to tell Aastha the truth. Neha was dead, so she was not keeping Astha away from her real mother for any selfish reasons. She gave Aastha everything, I think if nothing else, the love that Simran obviously has for her should have made Aastha forgive Simran for withholding the truth from her.

Having said that, I do think Simran needs to reveal Abhi, and Sia's true identity to Astha immediately. She is unnecessarily keeping everyone in the dark, and eventually will cause an explosive situation.

iruaG thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
See I agree Aastha is immature, which is why she accepted Radha's version of events. Also she did confirm the news that her mother was the third woman in Abhi's life and even after they got married Abhi and Simran's friendship continued. Obviously she would misunderstand Simran thinking that Simran was the other woman in Neha's life. I have mentioned it in my comment above, I think you missed it.
scorpio_pk thumbnail
Aastha is just 18 yrs old emotional girl. When Simran interfere in Neha-Abhi's married life ,she was a mature sensible lady in 30's. If she could make mistakes or did some emotional scenes like crying on their wedding-day(just to spoil their happiness) or stretching their bedsheet in their bedroom etc. If she could'nt control her emotions in a mature age then what do you expect from a teenage girl?
simi1295 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
the only reason she wanted to be a doctor was bc of her mom simran... when she foudn out that she wasnt her mom then why should she be like her.. and i think the reason she wants to become a photo"hr is bc she wants to feel close to her father.. thats what i think.. so she doesnt need slapp'n
Akshata thumbnail

We may have different views on how Astha has to be dealt with but I think, I repeat I think, most of us will agree that NOBODY understands Astha like Simran does.Even if she has made the blunder of her life by hiding facts from Astha,It's not like she has forgotten about her.She is fully aware that Astha has to be prepared to face 2 big truths.She is worried and often shares her concern with Abhi.It's just that she wants Abhi to be fully prepared to face her as well.

After seeing the episodes in the last week(Hong Kong and India),one would wonder how Simran keeps quiet. Astha's behaviour would irk even the most patient one.Simran is tolerating and consoling herself and everyone around her because she feels responsible for Astha's state of mind.Although I feel Astha's resentment is justified,I cannot condone her absolute insolent behavior and peremptory remarks towards Simran.

I find it hard to believe that even a gulity person would take so much nonsense. I hope Astha's character as the impudent and abusive child is not stretched to an extent wher she starts to come across as the villian of the piece. Are you listening Ajai Sinha????

Where is Simran's prudence and sense of fair play which she has always displayed??? Please don't drag the story this way.......let justice be done to Astha and Sia also, come to think of it.

Simi wrote:[the only reason she wanted to be a doctor was bc of her mom simran... when she foudn out that she wasnt her mom then why should she be like her.. and i think the reason she wants to become a photo"hr is bc she wants to feel close to her father.. thats what i think.. so she doesnt need slapp'n]

You maybe right or she could be saying it just to spite Simran.At this point of time studies and career are away from her thoughts...A slap is going to make things worse.

Cheers

Edited by Akshata - 19 years ago
sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Fantastic analysis, Akshata!!!Yes, i do agree with what you have said. Very true!!!