Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Guinea

For me it’s best Indian webshow I have watched . Their is an audience who doesn’t want to watch gore , gangster violence, the underworld etc . This was a good story .. stayed true to the book and was meticulously detailed.. 

Prateek was brilliant and so was the rest of the cast . The best thing I liked abt the show was .. they didn’t make him into a hero . He was shown for what he was ..

Yesss..I was so bored of the blood and gore.  

Pratik makes Harshad Mehta very charming and hard to ignore..even though the hero of the story is Sucheta Dalal - there are so many who suddenly are calling Harshad Mehta a flawed genius and the fall guy.  Shweta even mentioned that some are calling her character a villain, just purely because how awesome Pratik is as Harshad.  

MaxMayfield thumbnail

Originally posted by: HakunaMatata.

I was quite apprehensive starting this show since I have zero knowledge of share market, but to my surprise I really enjoyed watching it.

Entering the show, we know what Harshad is going to do and what his end will be but still it kept me at edge of my seat. It was all about 'How'. How did he pull off such a big scam and how did the agencies unravel his wrongdoings.

It was all explained in great details.. and it definitely piqued interest of a novice like me in stock market/money markets. It does not take audience for granted or consider them as dumb heads. There is no spoon feeding and complicated concepts like PSU bonds, security deposits, bank reciepts etc everything is handled well. Explained wherever necessary but not over simplified as well. 

And even though the show is about Harshad Mehta(Pratik Gandhi), there are many episodes where he is hardly present.. like the investigation episodes.. The show gives everyone an equal opportunity to shine. Pratik was brillant but so was Shreya as Sucheta Dalal.. she has great screen presence. Also liked Anant Mahadevan as RBI Governor, Harshad's brother Ashwin, his wife, all SBI employees, Rajat Kapoor as CBI officer.. every single character was good. Very well done casting.

But the major plus point for me was no nudity, no explicit scenes or gali galoch just for the sake of it.. It hardly had MC-BC gali at 2-3 places but that was justified and didnt look forced. This is what we need.. Strong series with good story telling, but all we get nowadays is dark genre series like Sacred games, Mirzapur, Paatal lok etc. Enough of those already.. there are other genres to be explored as well and not everyone is a fan or gore. Scam is definitely quality content.. Ironically the show is about scam but this is the cleanest series I have watched in a while.

I agree the casting overall is so great..even Pranav Seth and Nikhil Dwivedi as the ruthless banker to the guy playing Ajay Kedia - all are terrific in their parts..I was actually surprised by how good Nikhil was lol!  

hahah yeah its super clean and family friendly thankfully lol

MaxMayfield thumbnail

Originally posted by: kankabhor

It is one of the best Indian web series I have watched. Much better than types of sacred games. The show is Very well made. All actors are brilliant especially lead actor PratIk Gandhi. 1992 was turning point for India and this scam shaped Indian shtick market and economy. Everyone must watch this show. 

They have explained all the scams for normal people as well. So everyone can understand it. The Gujarati family living in Mumbai is depicted so accurately with poignant family moments. After watching you question entire faulty system and not just one person. And at the end it says “ everything changes, but nothing changes”. It is so true with all scams, we have been seeing after that. Dialogues are sooo good I can’t stop gushing about these. 

This is the example of web series that all Indian makers should follow. For me, it is the only Indian web series which is of international standard. Story, screenplay, music, direction everything is up to the mark. 

One of my favourite family scenes is the one in the restaurant after Harshad opens his trading account - his dad complaining to the waiter and making a scene was just hilarious🤣 For Gujaratis specifically, this show feels so real in its depiction - thats precisely how most Gujjus are - not the Dayaben or Jetha bhai kinds or ararara types. 

MaxMayfield thumbnail

Originally posted by: Binge

There's nothing about the show that I didn't like. Watching Pratik for the first time and he was an absolute treat to watch! I might now go back and watch more of Hansal Mehta's work. Each actor was well cast and I'm afraid AB jr will have a tough job as his work will be constantly compared with the original. His role in Guru was similar though.

I was always clueless of how banks would lend such hefty loans to the likes of Mallya,Modi without any guarentee so all that was cleared after watching the show. Seriously, in today's digital times, these banks are left bankrupt.. back then everything used to be manual work! 

Feel real bad for Abhi Jr - uss bechare ka toh luck hi kharab hai.  He is a decent actor, but how does one match up or outdo the same subject which is nearly perfect in presentation in every way..

fosla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Finally completed the series. Pratik Gandhi was a treat to watch and the fall of a man filled with bull like ambitions made one inadvertently feel bad for him at the end. The scam shook the stock market industry but the book and show explained the backdrop of the financial system/ support that was manipulating them.  It was a cartel nevertheless that a man tried to break in and gets caught in his own web. Hats off to Hansel Mehta and the entire crew!

Guinea thumbnail

Originally posted by: -FreeLancer-

Yesss..I was so bored of the blood and gore.  

Pratik makes Harshad Mehta very charming and hard to ignore..even though the hero of the story is Sucheta Dalal - there are so many who suddenly are calling Harshad Mehta a flawed genius and the fall guy.  Shweta even mentioned that some are calling her character a villain, just purely because how awesome Pratik is as Harshad.  

He was India’s first known scamster who didn’t get away . The ones who followed him were smart and left the country . 

All the actors .. in the smallest roles too were superb. I can think of so many - Subramanium in the SBI staff , harshads brother - Ashwani who now is a practicing lawyer in Mumbai high court etc 

Prateek Ofcourse held the show together . I saw Instagram handle .. he looks so different . He is very fit .. the physical transformation he went for this role is tremendous .

heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

It's one of the best and nuanced work I have seen in recent times. From the music to performances, screenplay everything works in flow. Pratik is a revelation and I hope he gets more work but somehow am preparing myself that he won't. It's beyond my understanding how despite giving breakout performances likes of Sanaya Malhotra, Tripti, Shreya Dhanwanthary, Pratik, Divyendu etc would never be the most promising "stars" like Sara, Ananaya, Jhanvi, Kartik etc. nor they will get the kind of work they deserve. Anyway coming bck to the show I also like how they treated Harshad's character.. While people are making him a hero he wasn't one.. He was a guy who found a loophole in the system and exploited it to the point of exhaustion. He got in trouble because he was reckless and overconfident. The last song just sums up the entire story. It's so beautiful and the ending made my heart really heavy. Hansal is a douche but surely an amazing storyteller. 

YoursTrulyOne thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

It has gained some recognition now after a terrific WOM . might be the third most popular digital content produced here after Sacred games and mirzapur 

Chasa thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I just love, love the title track. Have to start watching, once I finish the crown.