Users

Frequent Posters

Madhura.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: nushy1995

😊

That's great! Let's hope for the best.

Anyway, do you have something new to discuss?

Yes, indeed.

No dear.

What about you?

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

I want to bore you guys with Grey's Anatomy. 😈

I'll be posting in my next comment as I have to go for dinner. I'll be returning after 20-30 minutes.

Madhura.. thumbnail

I want to bore you guys with Grey's Anatomy. 😈

I'll be posting in my next comment as I have to go for dinner. I'll be returning after 20-30 minutes.

I knew it!!! I was like Friday is done, and how come no discussions?

Sure!! Even am going for dinner and will be back later.

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Madhura..

I knew it!!! I was like Friday is done, and how come no discussions?

Sure!! Even am going for dinner and will be back later.

😆 😆 😆

So I am that predictable! ðŸĪŠ

Actually, they aired two episodes at a stretch and each episode is 43 minutes lengthy so it took me time to watch the episodes. Plus, it was Diwali & I didn't want to spoil your mood with the depressing stuff. 😒

Now let's come to the episodes.

I won't lie, I had 50/50 opinion about GA highlighting Covid 19. It's the longest running medical drama & of course they had to capture the health disaster of this century. But at the same time I was apprehensive about how real they can get & when I am already locked in my house, it would be even more depressing to watch that on screen.

Turns out, they have done a brilliant job. I can honestly say after years, they have telecast one such Paisa Vasool episode. Yes there have been amazing episodes in the last few seasons too but no one can deny post Season 10, their quality has been only degrading.

The best part was the realism. Set in April 2020, Grey - an award winner surgeon losing her 4th patient on a row & hopelessly crying that she can't save her patients despite her best effort or Teddy finally finding one minute to talk and venting out her frustration that in all those years ever since she had become a cardiothoracic surgeon, weeks passed by and she didn't treat any patient of stroke or heart attack not because of people just miraculously got cured but because people were still dying but they were too afraid to come out of their home because of Covid - it just made me relive the horrific first wave of Covid when all I read and heard was how people were dying.

Even the remaining doctors like Owen thinking about his will that where will his kids go if he dies or Maggie maintaining her distance from her nephews & nieces, Bailey living at a hotel & coping with her OCD in such a situation - all these things were too close to reality.

The number one trauma center and a renowned surgery hospital that suddenly became a Covid center and all surgeons dedicating themselves to take care of the patients when they themselves didn't know what to do, the thermal checking, minimum visitors, nurses reusing their masks or doctors masks' literally breaking off of their noses because they were reusing it - everything was done to perfection.

Another thing I loved was that they highlighted general people's stupidity like a bunch of teenagers sneaking out to have a party where fire broke out & then dying, parents fighting each other for their kids' stupidity & then these very parents having each other's back, one parent crying that his son had received a kidney a couple of months ago & how idiotically he threw it off whereas someone at some corner of the world had to die for him to receive this kidney, how was he supposed to forgive his son for such selfishness when they should have laid low and made it easier for the frontliners - the scenes made me cry genuinely.

Of course there were some light moments and FBs of what had happened in the last 6 months and how their personal lives were screwed on a different level - but it was mostly fantastic.

DeLuca's Bipolar Disorder & how his sister and other fellow doctors rallied behind him to accept it and get himself treated - it was beyond amazing.

There have been speculations regarding the show finally going off air & I would actually want it to end on such a high note. Because all the exciting storylines have been dealt with & there's no need to stretch the show only to show their forced screwed up love lives.

Madhura.. thumbnail

😆 😆 😆

So I am that predictable! ðŸĪŠ

Actually, they aired two episodes at a stretch and each episode is 43 minutes lengthy so it took me time to watch the episodes. Plus, it was Diwali & I didn't want to spoil your mood with the depressing stuff. 😒

Now let's come to the episodes.

I won't lie, I had 50/50 opinion about GA highlighting Covid 19. It's the longest running medical drama & of course they had to capture the health disaster of this century. But at the same time I was apprehensive about how real they can get & when I am already locked in my house, it would be even more depressing to watch that on screen.

Turns out, they have done a brilliant job. I can honestly say after years, they have telecast one such Paisa Vasool episode. Yes there have been amazing episodes in the last few seasons too but no one can deny post Season 10, their quality has been only degrading.

The best part was the realism. Set in April 2020, Grey - an award winner surgeon losing her 4th patient on a row & hopelessly crying that she can't save her patients despite her best effort or Teddy finally finding one minute to talk and venting out her frustration that in all those years ever since she had become a cardiothoracic surgeon, weeks passed by and she didn't treat any patient of stroke or heart attack not because of people just miraculously got cured but because people were still dying but they were too afraid to come out of their home because of Covid - it just made me relive the horrific first wave of Covid when all I read and heard was how people were dying.

Even the remaining doctors like Owen thinking about his will that where will his kids go if he dies or Maggie maintaining her distance from her nephews & nieces, Bailey living at a hotel & coping with her OCD in such a situation - all these things were too close to reality.

The number one trauma center and a renowned surgery hospital that suddenly became a Covid center and all surgeons dedicating themselves to take care of the patients when they themselves didn't know what to do, the thermal checking, minimum visitors, nurses reusing their masks or doctors masks' literally breaking off of their noses because they were reusing it - everything was done to perfection.

Another thing I loved was that they highlighted general people's stupidity like a bunch of teenagers sneaking out to have a party where fire broke out & then dying, parents fighting each other for their kids' stupidity & then these very parents having each other's back, one parent crying that his son had received a kidney a couple of months ago & how idiotically he threw it off whereas someone at some corner of the world had to die for him to receive this kidney, how was he supposed to forgive his son for such selfishness when they should have laid low and made it easier for the frontliners - the scenes made me cry genuinely.

Of course there were some light moments and FBs of what had happened in the last 6 months and how their personal lives were screwed on a different level - but it was mostly fantastic.

DeLuca's Bipolar Disorder & how his sister and other fellow doctors rallied behind him to accept it and get himself treated - it was beyond amazing.

There have been speculations regarding the show finally going off air & I would actually want it to end on such a high note. Because all the exciting storylines have been dealt with & there's no need to stretch the show only to show their forced screwed up love lives.

I have already said, yes!! We do have our excitement phases and all.

Okay, you could always discuss it. Diwali anyways would be ending morrow, just saying.

Can understand, and this is a brilliant execution of the pandemic, quite real. The way you described, all plots; everything was showed beautifully.

I agree about it ending too now!! Best to end on high notes.

On a side note, do you know how to make a post-members-only here? I wish there were some features like only we three can see, and read. 😃

Nush_Rat thumbnail

I have already said, yes!! We do have our excitement phases and all.

True! 😆

Okay, you could always discuss it. Diwali anyways would be ending morrow, just saying.

That's so sweet of you bahen! ðŸĪ— But the episodes were painfully realistic. Second wave is coming & we know nothing can be done but still, we have come to cope up with the situation a little. But the portrayal of first wave caught me off guards even when it has been months. Hats off to the makers & obviously our heartfelt gratitude to the actual doctors. Here we know majority of the doctors won't die because it's a show but doctors even now don't know how many of them will survive or will get to reunite with their family members. 😒

Can understand, and this is a brilliant execution of the pandemic, quite real. The way you described, all plots; everything was showed beautifully.

It was indeed brilliant. 👏

I agree about it ending too now!! Best to end on high notes.

ðŸĪ—

On a side note, do you know how to make a post-members-only here? I wish there were some features like only we three can see, and read. 😃

I think at the top of the post, you have to insert a third bracket and inside it have to write members only in capital.

For Example [MEMBERS ONLY] There won't be any space in between. Try it & let me know if this works. 😊

Madhura.. thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Well said, that's life. No one knows and we have to cope up. Reminds me of the Army.

Agreed. ðŸĪ—

Hmm, okay. Check for this one.

Yup! It's done! 👍🏞 That was a members only post. 😎

Madhura.. thumbnail

So when I log out and see, it's perfect and the content can't be read.

But by logging in, we can see that Members only text..like ideally, it shouldn't be visible right?

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Madhura..

So when I log out and see, it's perfect and the content can't be read.

But by logging in, we can see that Members only text..like ideally, it shouldn't be visible right?

Well, when I log out but visit the forum, I'll only watch a disclaimer in read saying it's a member's only post.

But when I log in as a member, I'll be able to read it anyway.