Token of Appreciation To Anurag Basu

BombayGirl10 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Anurag, The thorn bird (I know i know i am using this word againπŸ˜† just one last time)

Anurag =  devotion and passion 

This is how Ekta described Anurag in one her IV's 

In her own words, bad boys today on ITV no doubt looks good and of course, ultimately a girl transforms them and they continue the hate love saga...but.....Here we have Anurag a clean sweet boy, a guy who is always sure of himself, a guy who is always confident about his masculinity that he never have to flaunt it, the guy who gets the quality and respect from people around him without flaunting anything and that is the sexiest part of him. "A Quite Taste" is what she called him the one who doesn't need an introduction with songs or the one who doesn't need to flaunt his body on the beach with girls. 

Just like how Ekta described Anurag in that interview for the longest time of this show's run I could feel that Anurag too. In this millennial time of grey/bad boys obsession, he was breath of fresh air. The one who made me believe that a sweet emotional character can be as good as an angry young man's character. It's easy to fall for the obvious bad macho boys but there very rare to like/find the soft ones nowadays. 

From quite some time Anurag Basu's character the one Ekta introduced to me has been ruined in pieces (add the OTT melodrama and illogical tracks) but still, there are moments when my eyes are unapologetically drawn to him only on the screen (Parth's expressive eyes ). Parth you actually made Anurag Basu an emotion that I would never let go off. 

I loved it when you stood up for Prerna and her happiness, I loved it when you prayed to GOD that you can't lose (your life) without saving Prerna during your first accident , I loved it when you respected your Molloy baba's wish but still found a way to help your upset sister over the business deal, I loved it when you noticed and objected prerna's discomfort with Naveen , I loved it when you left no stones unturned to make your friend understand the value of her happiness, I loved it when you never lost hope after being left at the alter to get your Prerna back, I loved it when you felt so many emotions with your unborn child and mother of your child when you had no memory of being with them......and so many more that the list will go on for a long time.πŸ˜†

Though I can't disregard the stupidy and questionable things you have done in your thorn bird mode all the time but before that bird came into your life, you were that ideal anurag that ekta wanted everyone to see, that good-hearted young boy who respected and loved everyone equally. His baba's pride and his mom's joy. The only good thing that came out of that thorn bird mode is that you become over practical to over-romantic basu boy. You found your Prerna ...Anurag's Prerna and for that, I think I will forgive that thorn bird too now. Along with suffering came .....the tufan Prerna who is now your forever.❀️ 

But away from all the sweet boy charm i also enjoyed the different shade of you during certain tracks (Parth you were very convincing in your AB) . 

The journey from boring, nerdy, over practical Anurag to over-romantic, crazy, passionate, throne bird was a hell of a ride with a lot of ups and downs of course πŸ˜† but joyful. 

Enjoyed some good chemistry's like Molloy-Anu, Naveen-Anu, Bajaj-Anu, Anupam-Anu, Shii-Anu, Roni-Anu, Komo-Anu with Anurag's character.

Lastly, A special thank you for Prerna for giving us this over romantic Anurag (After the last episode especially) , Thank you Ekta for giving this emotion name Anurag and of course, thank you to Parth for giving me this Anurag (special mention to your beautiful eyes) 

It was so good to see Parth with Erica, Uday sir, Sahil, KSG, Subhavi, Aamna, Hina, Pooja, KP and all the other cast members. Anurag was that one character who had interactions with almost all the cast members most of the time. Thank you for entertaining for almost 2 years with this πŸ€— 

Even with all the flaws, this character is very me special to me  β€οΈAB

I wanted to Post that AB picture that everyone loves in the show (One with blue tuxedo which Prerna keeps hidden away in her cupboard same one which komo and bajaj obsessed over in alone time 🀣) but can't find the HD one anywhere πŸ’” That is one my most Fav one but this two works too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCa_e__jIjI/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_G6j0fDett/

Just adding Parth's latest post here :

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF4YafEniKt/?igshid=1rmn0xnu43nil

Alvida AB β€οΈπŸ–€

Edited by BombayGirl10 - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

There there there πŸ˜­

We always felt for this sweet munda but when limits of tolerance were pushed, it went overboard with being the thornbird. 

I would've loved if at some point atleast, Anurag would've said, OKAY THAT'S ENOUGH. 

It took him the absolute end to do what he did yesterday

But yeah, he is indeed a breath of fresh air when dons, mafias and bad boys are ruling the TV.

I really hope I do get to watch a character like him again - selfless, caring and loving to the core.

His shut up to Mohini yesterday though was something I was dying to hear 

Edited by Mannmohanaa - 3 years ago
braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Anurag Basu as a character is so different from the current characters on ITV. He took the thornbird story too seriously and followed the same till the end of the show. 

He made a special place for him in our hearts and this season will be remembered for Anurag Basu mainly πŸ˜ƒ

Awesome post MahiπŸ€—

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: braveheartdoc

Anurag Basu as a character is so different from the current characters on ITV. He took the thornbird story too seriously and followed the same till the end of the show. 

He made a special place for him in our hearts and this season will be remembered for Anurag Basu mainly πŸ˜ƒ

Awesome post MahiπŸ€—

Yaaassss!

It was Anu's Kasauti through and through and his mandir scenes and his helpless screams looked so convincing for some reason.

Bohot torture kiya hai isko😭

The amount of times he's said I was cornered into this, the poor boy!πŸ€”

hope4u thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Among the hoards  of the same old male chauvinistic and angry young man type of characters, Anurag Basu was a breath of fresh air. 

He showed how to be a man that any woman would fall for. He showed how to love, and live for that love. 

He was my first ITV crush, and today as an adult, I can appreciate him in different ways. 

He is not without his flaws, but most of his flaws can be put down to the demands of running a drama show with multiple characters rather than flaws which are integral to Anurag as such. 

Anurag Basu, you were, and will remain, every girl's dream. 

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Anurag is a Sanskrit word with three basic meanings..

1) Prem meaning Love and Affection

2) Tapasya meaning Penance

3) Laal Rang -- meaning color red

Anurag was affectionate towards everyone around him including little as well as grown up Kuki. He could have hated on her father for derailing his world out of his axis and hitting him on solar plexus in the most manipulative and disgusting manner. Anurag loved Prerna and loved her with all the fibers of his self, with all the molecules of his existence and all the atoms of his  being -- the kind of unconditional love that comes in various lifetimes. He was true to his name..

Anurag distanced Prerna from himself, twice. His methods were questionable both the times, he lacked abysmally in the art of maneuvering things to his advantage. He had evoked a deep sense of anger many times and even disgust at times, but hell, I could never question his intent. He was the biggest victim of the fallacies of his methods. Distancing himself from Prerna, living without her reduced him into a breathing zombie. His heart beat, his soul remained unsullied and blood still flowed in his veins just because she was in his heart, was enmeshed in his soul and her memories were flowing in his veins as blood. But that was his punishment too - his penance for his wrongdoings towards Prerna, albeit unintentional. Living without her was his penance. Living without her, self-flagellating him for his misdeeds was a form of penance that Anurag adopted to repent for his sins but at the same time it was his spiritual high. Anurag remained true to his name once again..

Ever since their first encounter Ma Durga and color red have been integral part of their love, their togetherness. Red -- the color of love, the color of passion. Anurag the guy who oved like no one else, the guy whose passion was his lady love. The passion was not intense prima-facie, neither borderline obsessive. One just needed to delve a little more than what met the eyes and boy!!! the passion that existed was unprecedented. The slowly burning, slowly intoxicating incendiary passion. Passion not blazing and destructive but warm and nurturing. 

I'm reminded of the song cover by Tyler Ward (originally sung by Taylor Swift). I find this song (especially lines in red) extremely relevant in terms of Anurag's characterization:

"Loving her is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Faster than the wind, passionate as sin ending so suddenly

Loving her is like trying to change your mind once you're already flying through
the free fall
Like the colors in autumn, so bright just before they lose it all

Losing her was blue like I'd never known
Missing her was dark grey all alone
Forgetting her was like trying to know somebody you never met

But loving her was red
Loving her was red
Touching her was like realizing all you ever wanted was right there in front of you
Memorizing her was as easy as knowing all the words to your old favorite song

Fighting with her was like trying to solve a crossword and realizing there's no right
answer
Regretting her was like wishing you never found out that love could be that strong

Losing her was blue like I'd never known
Missing her was dark grey all alone
Forgetting her was like trying to know somebody you never met
But loving her was red
Loving her was red
Remembering her comes in flashbacks and echoes
Tell myself it's time now, gotta let go
But moving on from her is impossible
When I still see it all in my head
Red"

Loving her was Red for Anurag Basu. He stood true to the meaning of his name once again...

Edited by bashful_moon - 3 years ago
bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Thank you BG, for a lovely tribute to Parth's Anurag Basu. Both the character and the actor deserve it..πŸ€—

Edited by bashful_moon - 3 years ago
FarhaadkiMahi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

thank  u  BGπŸ€—

yess  yess  he is the guy  whom every girl dream off  loving caring passionate & devotional 

i know for drimaaaa purpose they made him do many  things  ppl bash him  .

but  no one i mean no one can deny his passion & devotion for prerna 

the way  he loved prerna  its one kind of rare  

he is gem of person for everybody  

thanku parth for being our anurag & living our  anurag

shrutiraina007 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Beautiful post BGπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Our Anurag BasuπŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“ Words are less for himπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

reeyacute thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Ekta said Anurag Basu is someone who doesnot scream to get noticed 

Yes....He is truly the one......His love is what he has and will be his strength