Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Urmila is criminally overrated on this forum. She is a below average actress and is rightly considered so by the majority in real world.

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Imo Urmila is a prime example of someone who is reasonably good looking, quite talented and versatile but never became number one because of lacking that all important presence and X factor needed to become a really huge star!

But I agree if she was a nepo kid she would have definitely been praised to the skies morning, night and noon by this chaaploos media 🤷🏽‍♀️

If they can praise the likes of Alia and Ananya for their performances that range from absolutely rubbish to average, then Urmila would have been called an icon had she been a nepo 😂

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I think the two movies that most ppl seem to remember her from is Rangeela - thats a classic now, and Judaai with Sridevi and Anil Kapoor

1194442 thumbnail

Some of the movies where I liked Urmila's performance .. from the ones I've watched anyway:

Ek Hasina Thi

Karzzz

Rangeela

Kaun

Pyar Tune Kya Kiya

I don't think she was underrrated though. She is considered one of the talented, prominent artists of her time and she's also won the best actress award multiple times because her skills were acknowledged.

--Pro.vo.King-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Equine

She had the reputation of being reserved on the sets and certainly not doing buttering up of the stars.

She had an altercation with Salman on one of their film shoots. Salman played his stupid pranks on all of his actresses, while a lot of actresses indulged this man child for his antics, Urmila asked him to cool it down and she didn’t like his pranks. He never worked with her since then.😆

She put lallu in his place too ? ..

That's it ! .. Urmila is officially my favorite .. ❤️

Equine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Pro.vo.King--

She put lallu in his place too ? ..

That's it ! .. Urmila is officially my favorite .. ❤️

It was a big rumour back then, that Sallu swore never to work with her again.

fosla thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

She was a good actress but faded away by choice

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: fosla

She was a good actress but faded away by choice

Definitely not by choice. Bollywood has no use for actresses after a certain age. Even now other than Tabu (from the 90s) and Kareena (from the 2000s) we hardly see any of them in any significant roles.

Oathbreaker thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Underrated is the most overrated word.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Equine

Her acting is average not on the par of Madhuri or Manisha , but gud enough. But, she was one of the few actresses who portrayed sensuality without being vulgar.

https://youtu.be/IxqB1xUX36s

https://youtu.be/zxP6FO4HcJo

That explains it I guess.. That was her forte and one cannot rely on that post 40 in BW...

Even Madhuri’s comeback attempts both in BW and Marathi movie have not been successful