Ishaan Khatter - Promising new actor or another privileged kid?

HakunaMatata. thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I recently watched 'A Suitable Boy' and I was quite impressed with Ishaan's acting.. He held his own infront of experienced actors like Tabu and Ram Kapoor.. No one could say that this is his third or fourth outing as an actor. I see a lot of potential in him.. In parallel cinema or web series atleast.. The only thing he lacks is the persona of a star. In Khali Peeli he looks like a kid trying to emulate a mawali with the moustache and bulky frame.. But his dancing skills are to the point.. much like Shahid or even better I would say.. but still the dislikes on his videos are too much.. Is he facing the brunt because of his costar Ananya or people consider him also as an average nepo kid?

What do you guys think about him and his acting potential?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

He’s promising though how privileged he is in terms of connections is debatable.

Sure he has connections but not as privileged as Alia, Sonam, Jahnavi and the Kapoor clan.

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

He’s both tbh!

Only thing is due to being a nepo he is given the chance to do more glamorous stuff like Khaali Peeli with big songs, etc which he doesn’t suit, he should stick to arty/de glamourised stuff

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I think he's very promising

I like his acting skills and I thought he was fab in A Suitable Boy...in fact both him and Tanya Maniktala were very good

Having said that, can't deny he's privileged af. That doesn't take away from his talent though. 

I think in Khali Peeli also he was good, but he faced the brunt of being Ananya Pandey's co-star. That movie came and went unnoticed.

snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

people change their opinion on nepotism or any isms based on their personal inclinations or preferences

fosla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

He’s done a good job so far in the roles that he has picked. Won’t be the typical mass hero

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

A privileged kid who is talented.

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I have only watched Dhadak and bits of Beyond the clouds. He acted fine in them. In the trailer of Khali peeli, he is bad. He is privileged to get these breaks but for sustaining he needs to have mass appeal which I don't think he has.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Anyone who is launched by Karan Johar surely has connections or privileges