Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SeRene. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: PyaasiChudail69

PKYEK was a youth show on Starone with unknown faces. And the story was actually good there. It had folklore vibes, romance, angst, drama all perfectly balanced.

Comparing that to N5, which have well known faces is insult to that classic show. Neither VD, nor Sukirti were popular back then. And from what I heard it had good trps initially.

Pkyek was a rage back then I don't know about trps because star one shows did not rate much when compared to gec channels but when compared to its other contemporaries in that channel pkyek did well in ratings.

Ekta lost that charm in her she wouldn't relate herself to her old shows.

opsora2090 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

For me , This season is doing amazing both in online and offline despite having less budget and with so many drawback in this crucial moment of ITV... this had not immense facilities in VFX,Glamour, costume, CASTS, SET, BUDGETS, promotions like past seasons .. phirbhi they are bringing decent TRP both in online and offline... hope fully it will soon rise in offline .. just it will have to take time cos ITV material nei hain yeah abhi .. yeah bass VAni chemistry and story pe tike huyee hain .. hopefully ekta will put more effort on it in glamour as well as

Raany25 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

ap loke ke kiya hua sab kehathiye nagin is flop and it just try to begin from the minus level becoz of naagin 4

I love this show and there are few other saw runing even with low TRP

Rein123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn09

OK! So Naagin 5 is the most flop season of the franchise but I actually like this time there's no Saas-Bahu drama and OTT villain. The premise is actually interesting like the Western TV shows and Kdramas. As far as I remember, Pyaar Ki Ye Ek Kahaani too could not get that much TRP, but it went on to achieve a cult status amongst its fans. I don't want CVs to compromise on the story to get TRP and as a watcher of Naagin series, the only season that was good was 1 and 2 was bearable. I hated season 3 (and I'm saying this as a fan of Rajat Tokas since I was 12) and season 4 was a joke. I think the best season was 1 followed by 5. First time there's something new in the series and audience again wants evil MIL and extra large family. I mean, I want the focus to remain on the love triangle not Saas bahu and go the kdrama e

way. What are your thoughts?

The thing is shows that appeal to the younger urban audience can never appeal to the trp audience which consist of people from the rural areas especially housewives and the older age group . Naagin 1 did well because yes 1) it was a fresh concept, it was being promoted non stop at least two or three weeks before the show was actually launched so it managed to generate an interest and buzz and it appealed to almost everyone in the country other than some liberal idiots who love bashing every show on ITV.

Here what happened was that this season was launched right after the end of the flop season 4, they did not have enough time to promote season 5 before hand (which is at least like 5 or 6 weeks before the launch of a new season), the promos of season 5 have not shown the real cast anywhere, and the promos itself are not that great to appeal to the masses. Like they literally showed the enmity between cheels and Naagins, but what people want is revenge, that is what matters because that is what matters for a naagin season to get the ratings. Revenge appeals to everyone when it comes to ITV. And yes, people want an MIL because that is the family drama element which will bring the naagin vibe back.

Sowmya_SMfan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: opsora2090

For me , This season is doing amazing both in online and offline despite having less budget and with so many drawback in this crucial moment of ITV... this had not immense facilities in VFX,Glamour, costume, CASTS, SET, BUDGETS, promotions like past seasons .. phirbhi they are bringing decent TRP both in online and offline... hope fully it will soon rise in offline .. just it will have to take time cos ITV material nei hain yeah abhi .. yeah bass VAni chemistry and story pe tike huyee hain .. hopefully ekta will put more effort on it in glamour as well as

I agree with you..this is covid time. Team have to take precautions.its not like other seasons or other time..everything has to be best..they are doing good even in these pandemic situation. I agree they are loop holes but it's better than movies. Never in television or movies viewers wanted villain to take heroine the main lead. It's interesting Sharad is doing amazing job and so is Surbhi

adoreyou thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

You cannot compare PKYEK with Naagin. PKYEK was a youth show. The characters were starting college. And here we have grownups 25yo.

PKYEK was for a different set of audience and it attracted so. 8:30pm used to give that RUSH and as far as I remember it had enough trps but all other shows on star one was flopping so they were contemplated to shut down the whole channel consequently PKYEK was shut down too.

Also if EK wants to make youth shows , Naagin ain't the show she should be experimenting with. They need younger actors with high school/college storyline , not grownups. Leave Naagin the way it is.

Minig thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Can’t say now whether naagin 5 is flop or hit. I have mixed feelings about this season.

For me season 1 was hit. Storyline, cast everyone was good. Season 2 I didn’t watch that I don’t like the ML.

Season 3 was good bcoz of lead pair (Behir).

& Season 4 was horrible for me
Mujhe bahut sari ummedein hain season 5 se. I like the Vani chemistry even like the storyline. But some things should be changed to make this season hit.