Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlackWitch thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Dunno but I find it way too early to be predicting the season’s downfall already. Lol, it’s barely been a couple of weeks and that translates into 4 episodes of this new story.

I find the chemistry pretty sizzling between Veer & Bani. Don’t think the age group argument fits well because TV audience has accepted the tashan wali Jodi time and again.

Also, Naagin has always been about questionable CGI, story loopholes, comical villains and the chemistry between the leads. I don’t see anything different with the pattern here.

Honestly, S1 and S3 were nothing phenomenal but the leads kept it together. S1 was OTT but there were still high points with the story. Rivanya was a lovely slow burn and Sudha Chandran was an amazing villain. S3’s story, though started out interesting, became downright appalling after the introduction of the sapera track and numerous funny characters. Only the leads chemistry kept viewers hooked to S3 for so long. So really, there is hardly a huge benchmark S5 has to set here. Atleast this time, they are trying something different for a change.

When we bring shows like Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon into the discussion, the point to note is that this show also massively appealed to the same people that would watch a Naagin as well. This show was translated into various languages due to its popularity. TRPs were off the charts! So assuming that the TRP crowd is not accepting a Tashan wali Jodi is way too early to say.

The makers have not even finished completely creating this world yet. The cast is doing their best. There is so much to explore in terms of the mystery and thriller elements. What are 4 episodes to judge it all?

1178840 thumbnail

Originally posted by: gurl-enchanted

Dunno but I find it way too early to be predicting the season’s downfall already. Lol, it’s barely been a couple of weeks and that translates into 4 episodes of this new story.

I find the chemistry pretty sizzling between Veer & Bani. Don’t think the age group argument fits well because TV audience has accepted the tashan wali Jodi time and again.

Also, Naagin has always been about questionable CGI, story loopholes, comical villains and the chemistry between the leads. I don’t see anything different with the pattern here.

Honestly, S1 and S3 were nothing phenomenal but the leads kept it together. S1 was OTT but there were still high points with the story. Rivanya was a lovely slow burn and Sudha Chandran was an amazing villain. S3’s story, though started out interesting, became downright appalling after the introduction of the sapera track and numerous funny characters. Only the leads chemistry kept viewers hooked to S3 for so long. So really, there is hardly a huge benchmark S5 has to set here. Atleast this time, they are trying something different for a change.

When we bring shows like Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon into the discussion, the point to note is that this show also massively appealed to the same people that would watch a Naagin as well. This show was translated into various languages due to its popularity. TRPs were off the charts! So assuming that the TRP crowd is not accepting a Tashan wali Jodi is way too early to say.

The makers have not even finished completely creating this world yet. The cast is doing their best. There is so much to explore in terms of the mystery and thriller elements. What are 4 episodes to judge it all?

Naagin seasons have always been OTT in certain aspects, but still the story of Season 1 was THE BEST so far. It had a pergect buildup of suspense, unpredictable twists, an all-pervading element of mystery, and an enchanting lead couple.

Season 3 also started of extremely well. The sapera track was in fact one of the most well-loved ones. It was going reallgood till the Mahir memory-loss track happened, after which it tumbled downhill. But till that point, it was very very engaging to watch.

My main beef with this season is there's no mystery, thrill or suspense. It looks like any other romance-based show on ITV. The main USP of the series seems to be lost with this season.

1178840 thumbnail

Originally posted by: opsora2090

I am sorry .. i stop after reading the Title .. , Is Naagin5 really failing ? sorry to disagree here .. if we compare it's ratings with other seasons then i have diff opinion.-

> N 1 was fresh concept for the Naagin genre , so it will be hit in the decade that is true.. and n1 ko beat karna is really tough for any season

> Naagin5 is very very low budget show , very less VFX, less glamour.. very less known actor except leads .

> Other season had magnificent set , but due to budget , they are using currently only jungle , random roads and kzk sets ..

> no extra kharcha for extra sajawat

>no saaas bahu ka drama, which ITV loves

> No extra kharcha for dresses.. lead heroine's dress is so much simple.. cheel bechara toh adhee time kale dress pehenkei ghumte hain. so ek biggest amount ka budget cut

> Very less known villain .. agar N1 , N2, N3, N4 pe dikha jayee toh cast ka jo ek maha sangam tha .. n5 main woh kahipe nei . less crowd , aur jo bhi hain 80% unknown .

> due to corona , ek major level audience is already gayeb .. so it will be tough to bring them back . it will take time.

> very much less promotion with leads.. jo hina , dheeraj ka promotion jis level pe hua , current casts uss hartak promoted nei huye

> is waqt koi show ka TRP 2 hona hi sabse bari baat hain ..

.. now itne sareee problems kay wajud bhi N5 is slaying becoz of the strong story (cheel -naagin concept) and cast's mehenat.. VAni's chemistry.. the amount of buzzes they are making , last seaon pe bhi itna buzz nei ayeee... aur high amounts of buzz unhi couple ka atee hain jisko online pe mass pasand kia jata hain aur unka buzz sell hote hain. and in online it is slaying like pro .. offline pe bhi it will soon get it's position once again hopefully ...so for me observing current situation , N5 kahise bhi fail nei hain... baki lets agree to disagree

Season 1 had no saas-bahu ka drama. Same for Season 2. Season 3 had it but that's much much later after story went downhill.

In fact, Naagin audience has always rejected saas-bahu dramas of any sort.

As for cast being unknown, I have zero problems with that. I didn't watch any shows of Mouni, Surbhi or Pearl before, but I loved them. Yuvraj in Season 3 was also unknown to me before, but I LOVED him as villain. Same goes for Ada Khan.

I don't understand how exactly is the story "strong" this time? Yes, its true that they are trying something new, but the story only has tashan wali romance. No thrill, no suspense, no drama (except romantic drama) nothing.

Like I said, it looks like any other "love hate romance" story on ITV. We have seen 1000s of those. Why should we watch Naagin just for a "bad boy-good girl story"?

1178840 thumbnail

Agree in what you said about thr gap. N5 looks rushed and ill-conceived. The concept is good no doubt, but the Naagin element is missing. I'm not talking about the sets or unknown actors, just the story. Story should be more thriller-oriented rather than just tashan wali romance.

Edited by Mahisa22 - 4 years ago
silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Naagin fell out of top 5 shows so I don’t know how it’s doing well?

But okay ...I stopped after episode 4 ..didn’t even finish episode 4 because it was so boring and badly edited

they need to stop the Naagin franchise

Maybe reboot it in 2 or 3 years time but now it’s overkill man

Changers thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

Naagin fell out of top 5 shows so I don’t know how it’s doing well?

But okay ...I stopped after episode 4 ..didn’t even finish episode 4 because it was so boring and badly edited

they need to stop the Naagin franchise

Maybe reboot it in 2 or 3 years time but now it’s overkill man

Exactly, you just said it, what I wanted to say
Changers thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Isha_201

Yeah!

You got me right.

Veer Bani's love story is loved by the girls of age group 20-25. And the girls who are in this age don't watch the shows in TV. Rather they prefer watching it on OTT Platforms. So the hype of Naagin serial is very much in online platform but not in television as we don't have watched yet such heart melting scenes. My mother still prefers watching N3 and N1 over N5.

Even the aunties of my whole family.

Reason- The cosmic connection between Rivanya and Behir which we are yet to witness it for VANI.

Mature love stories is more watched by Indian women. The perfect partner which doesn't exist in real😅😅 works wonder.

Naagin all past seasons were popular on OTT platforms, S03 was the most popular on OTT platforms. You can check, maximum time bagged no 1 position on OTT platforms as well along with BARC. Even the lackluster N4 was received well by OTT platforms.
Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7

the major part not only N5 but all the shows are doing badly except for family dramas where female leads are humiliated and degraded since its bringing back the trps such regressive content is coming back once again and even those running for years due to regressive content still runnng

the reality is shows are going popular on OTT platform and people are watching online thus TV is slowly dying to save it they need to combine online trps with TV trps and that is also a advantage as many good shows will not be axe due to low trps as they are huge online

there is nothing wrong with N5 its just that naagin fans is not easily warming up this season due to lack of the previous naagin factors so it will take time furthermore it started right after N4 so lets give some time a new concept on a popular franschise and some fans are just loosing interest on the franschise

Arko1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

My answers in pink

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

There are a few cardinal reasons why Naagin 5 is not appealing to viewers who brought the show high TRPs from Seasons 1-4.

1. Naagin, right from the first season, was about balancing thrill and mystery with romance. On one hand, we had the Naagin fighting her enemies and wading through adventures; on the other hand, a love story was slowly but steadily built up in the background. So the viewers always had the "dual hook"--a heady cocktail of mystery and romance.

This formula has been completely discarded in Naagin 5. 90% of the space is taken up by romance, with very little suspense, thrill or mystery element.

This season lacks the thrill IMO. It doesnt feel like Naagin but some random love triangle show.

2. This Season is HUGELY lacking in the 'Naagin vibe'. As in, there was a particular vibe that the Naagin series is supposed to exude, one which we are witnessing since Season 1. Season 4, even though boring and cliche, still retained that vibe which led people to tune in, taking the TRP rating to 3. That vibe is ABSENT this season.

The reason was the opening that started very weirdly. Since beginning this 'Naagin Vibe' is missing in this season i agree.

3. The romance, in my opinion, is not attractive or appealing. Veer is a powerful character, but he is more suited to mainstream romance soaps than in a supernatural thriller, that too Naagin. Naagin has always been about mature, subtle romances that were primarily based on emotional depth, quiet understanding, and beautiful, mesmerizing moments that melt hearts. That was present between all four Naagin couples: Ritik-Shivanya, Rocky-Shivangi, Bela-Mahir and Dev-Brinda. But that quality is not here anymore.

Kinda agree. The romantic scenes seems to be forced. Although VAni look good but things aren't attractive like how it should be.

4. Continuing point no.3. Veer is the typical Bad Boy character from XYZ Indian romance shows that we have watched too many times. He, in my humble opinion, fits more in a Gul Khan show than Naagin, where subtle and mature romance has always been the thing. Male leads like Ritik and Mahir were bland and 'too good to be true' on paper, but when you watched them on screen, you just kept on watching, mesmerized. They captured, no seized your heart in every scene they appeared in, and you fell head over heels in love with them. That thing, IMO, is missing in Veer. Veer looks like a wannabe Mills and Boons 'Bbbbbbad bbyyoyy' in front of Ritik and Mahir.

Veer's dialogues are a huge let down. More than a bad boy it sounds like a mentally unstable guy. I am not being rude, but his dialogue delivery is very caricaturish. Only Sharad's acting makes it worth watching.

5. There is no hook in this show, apart from romance. I read quite a few posts in the forum where people said they were watching it only for Sharad. While he's a stellar performer and his character shows potential, I find it too 'daily soap-ish'.

Yes the show doesnt make you hook to the episodes anymore. They are unpredictable though but doesnt make you curious to know what will happen next. 😔

6. The characters are not at all relatable. I personally cannot relate to Bani the same way I did with the first four Naagin leads.

None of the character look real or relatable to me. All are very much cartoonish. Even leads dont have a signature feel.

These six reasons, in my opinion, are the factors that are causing the TRPs of this season to plummet.

I'd love to hear your opinions.

IshRaian thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mages

the major part not only N5 but all the shows are doing badly except for family dramas where female leads are humiliated and degraded since its bringing back the trps such regressive content is coming back once again and even those running for years due to regressive content still runnng

the reality is shows are going popular on OTT platform and people are watching online thus TV is slowly dying to save it they need to combine online trps with TV trps and that is also a advantage as many good shows will not be axe due to low trps as they are huge online

there is nothing wrong with N5 its just that naagin fans is not easily warming up this season due to lack of the previous naagin factors so it will take time furthermore it started right after N4 so lets give some time a new concept on a popular franschise and some fans are just loosing interest on the franschise

This is so not true. In 2019, in India, OTT platforms contributed to 8% of overall subscription and viewership whereas TV enjoyed a 81% subscription. Let’s not forget that majority of those who watch TV watch these TV shows but the same can’t be said for OTT platforms where main focus is on movies/web series/sports etc and not TV shows. So TV viewership is so huge that online viewership doesn’t count for much. That is why the TV industry only looks at the TV ratings because including online viewership wouldn’t change the total viewership by much. Once again we also have to look at the revenues. TV revenues are what aid PH to run show. I wonder if the PH even earn anything from OTT viewership. Even if they did, it would be peanuts in front of TV ad revenue.
Yes, OTT is gaining popularity. But we are still decades away from when OTT will have as big a reach as TV in India because of problems associated with internet penetration.

Further Reading:

https://www.businesstoday.in/technology/news/ott-platforms-are-gaining-popularity-but-not-at-the-expense-of-television/story/354300.html