Reasons why Naagin 5 is failing: My views

1178840 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

There are a few cardinal reasons why Naagin 5 is not appealing to viewers who brought the show high TRPs from Seasons 1-4.

1. Naagin, right from the first season, was about balancing thrill and mystery with romance. On one hand, we had the Naagin fighting her enemies and wading through adventures; on the other hand, a love story was slowly but steadily built up in the background. So the viewers always had the "dual hook"--a heady cocktail of mystery and romance.

This formula has been completely discarded in Naagin 5. 90% of the space is taken up by romance, with very little suspense, thrill or mystery element.

2. This Season is HUGELY lacking in the 'Naagin vibe'. As in, there was a particular vibe that the Naagin series is supposed to exude, one which we are witnessing since Season 1. Season 4, even though boring and cliche, still retained that vibe which led people to tune in, taking the TRP rating to 3. That vibe is ABSENT this season.

3. The romance, in my opinion, is not attractive or appealing. Veer is a powerful character, but he is more suited to mainstream romance soaps than in a supernatural thriller, that too Naagin. Naagin has always been about mature, subtle romances that were primarily based on emotional depth, quiet understanding, and beautiful, mesmerizing moments that melt hearts. That was present between all four Naagin couples: Ritik-Shivanya, Rocky-Shivangi, Bela-Mahir and Dev-Brinda. But that quality is not here anymore.

4. Continuing point no.3. Veer is the typical Bad Boy character from XYZ Indian romance shows that we have watched too many times. He, in my humble opinion, fits more in a Gul Khan show than Naagin, where subtle and mature romance has always been the thing. Male leads like Ritik and Mahir were bland and 'too good to be true' on paper, but when you watched them on screen, you just kept on watching, mesmerized. They captured, no seized your heart in every scene they appeared in, and you fell head over heels in love with them. That thing, IMO, is missing in Veer. Veer looks like a wannabe Mills and Boons 'Bbbbbbad bbyyoyy' in front of Ritik and Mahir.

5. There is no hook in this show, apart from romance. I read quite a few posts in the forum where people said they were watching it only for Sharad. While he's a stellar performer and his character shows potential, I find it too 'daily soap-ish'.

6. The characters are not at all relatable. I personally cannot relate to Bani the same way I did with the first four Naagin leads.

These six reasons, in my opinion, are the factors that are causing the TRPs of this season to plummet.

I'd love to hear your opinions.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Isha_201 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

There are a few cardinal reasons why Naagin 5 is not appealing to viewers who brought the show high TRPs from Seasons 1-4.

1. Naagin, right from the first season, was about balancing thrill and mystery with romance. On one hand, we had the Naagin fighting her enemies and wading through adventures; on the other hand, a love story was slowly but steadily built up in the background. So the viewers always had the "dual hook"--a heady cocktail of mystery and romance.

I will agree to this point. Since season 1,there was a revenge drama which this season lacks. Only if something big happens in Bani's life and she is for revenge then we can expect something.

This formula has been completely discarded in Naagin 5. 90% of the space is taken up by romance, with very little suspense, thrill or mystery element.

2. This Season is HUGELY lacking in the 'Naagin vibe'. As in, there was a particular vibe that the Naagin series is supposed to exude, one which we are witnessing since Season 1. Season 4, even though boring and cliche, still retained that vibe which led people to tune in, taking the TRP rating to 3. That vibe is ABSENT this season.

Bani did well in her Naagin avatar but her look is not much shown in this season as of now. Hope we can see that in future.

3. The romance, in my opinion, is not attractive or appealing. Veer is a powerful character, but he is more suited to mainstream romance soaps than in a supernatural thriller, that too Naagin. Naagin has always been about mature, subtle romances that were primarily based on emotional depth, quiet understanding, and beautiful, mesmerizing moments that melt hearts. That was present between all four Naagin couples: Ritik-Shivanya, Rocky-Shivangi, Bela-Mahir and Dev-Brinda. But that quality is not here anymore.

In all Naagin seasons,the female lead were powerful. Very powerful than male lead. This time makers came up with a strong male lead. Also, makers should stop focussing on two couples. It should be one. Veer Bani's romance is hot,more tashan types than heart melting.

4. Continuing point no.3. Veer is the typical Bad Boy character from XYZ Indian romance shows that we have watched too many times. He, in my humble opinion, fits more in a Gul Khan show than Naagin, where subtle and mature romance has always been the thing. Male leads like Ritik and Mahir were bland and 'too good to be true' on paper, but when you watched them on screen, you just kept on watching, mesmerized. They captured, no seized your heart in every scene they appeared in, and you fell head over heels in love with them. That thing, IMO, is missing in Veer. Veer looks like a wannabe Mills and Boons 'Bbbbbbad bbyyoyy' in front of Ritik and Mahir.

Maahir and Ritik are the perfect husband material types which every lady wishes for. Veer on the other hand could be someone's desire and not the husband material. He is more suited for new age girls and naagin is more watched by ladies. So maybe maybe this could be a reason.

5. There is no hook in this show, apart from romance. I read quite a few posts in the forum where people said they were watching it only for Sharad. While he's a stellar performer and his character shows potential, I find it too 'daily soap-ish'.

People need a strong point to get hooked to this show. Just by romance,this fantasy thriller won't work. We need magical thriller revenge to keep audience hooked.

6. The characters are not at all relatable. I personally cannot relate to Bani the same way I did with the first four Naagin leads.

These six reasons, in my opinion, are the factors that are causing the TRPs of this season to plummet.

I'd love to hear your opinions.

Word Count: 0

1178840 thumbnail

Yeah. Although about the romance, Veer is I'd say more suitable for teenagers or people in the 20-22 age bracket who are into 'hot, passionate' romance. However, even they loved Ritik and Mahir. Because, no matter what a woman's (or a gay man's) age is, they will always dream about the perfect partner. Not unrealistically perfect as in bland and boring, but someone who understands, loves,and respects you as an equal, and someone who treasures you like a precious jewel. THAT kind of connection was what Rivanya and Behir had.

Veer-Bani, on the other hand, has a more teenage fantasy-ish superficially 'passionate' romance. The kind of stuff we used to see in Star channel romances. DMG, Geet, Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon, Tashan-e-Ishq--these kinds of shows.

That's what I said---Naagin is for mature, depth-wali romance. That tashan-passion formula looks odd here, at least to me it does. 😆

Isha_201 thumbnail

Yeah. Although about the romance, Veer is I'd say more suitable for teenagers or people in the 20-22 age bracket who are into 'hot, passionate' romance. However, even they loved Ritik and Mahir. Because, no matter what a woman's (or a gay man's) age is, they will always dream about the perfect partner. Not unrealistically perfect as in bland and boring, but someone who understands, loves,and respects you as an equal, and someone who treasures you like a precious jewel. THAT kind of connection was what Rivanya and Behir had.

Veer-Bani, on the other hand, has a more teenage fantasy-ish superficially 'passionate' romance. The kind of stuff we used to see in Star channel romances. DMG, Geet, Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon, Tashan-e-Ishq--these kinds of shows.

That's what I said---Naagin is for mature, depth-wali romance. That tashan-passion formula looks odd here, at least to me it does. 😆

Yeah!

You got me right.

Veer Bani's love story is loved by the girls of age group 20-25. And the girls who are in this age don't watch the shows in TV. Rather they prefer watching it on OTT Platforms. So the hype of Naagin serial is very much in online platform but not in television as we don't have watched yet such heart melting scenes. My mother still prefers watching N3 and N1 over N5.

Even the aunties of my whole family.

Reason- The cosmic connection between Rivanya and Behir which we are yet to witness it for VANI.

Mature love stories is more watched by Indian women. The perfect partner which doesn't exist in real😅😅 works wonder.

1178840 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Isha_201

Yeah!

You got me right.

Veer Bani's love story is loved by the girls of age group 20-25. And the girls who are in this age don't watch the shows in TV. Rather they prefer watching it on OTT Platforms. So the hype of Naagin serial is very much in online platform but not in television as we don't have watched yet such heart melting scenes. My mother still prefers watching N3 and N1 over N5.

Even the aunties of my whole family.

Reason- The cosmic connection between Rivanya and Behir which we are yet to witness it for VANI.

Mature love stories is more watched by Indian women. The perfect partner which doesn't exist in real😅😅 works wonder.

Season 1 and 3 were PURE LOVE ❤️Both Rivanya and Behir were mesmerizingly beautiful. ☺️

In fact, Season 3 would have been the BEST out of all had they not ruined the show with Mahir's memory loss and turning it into a saas-bahu nonsense.

Rivanya and Behir are loved by everyone--teens, early twenties, late twenties, thirties, forties, aunties, everyone. But Veer-Bani type of romance is suited for only a particular age group. 15-22 or maybe till 25 like you said. But beyond that, it will look childish to more mature people.

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Season 1 and 3 defiantly had a good cast...

season 3 was a pretty hot cast ...looks of hot guys but was ruined by terrible story line and a very weak Naag raani

This season is ruined because of bad casting, bad story , bad editing and bad direction

I already did a topic a few weeks ago about how this show may flop...called it

why is Bani wearing drapes and curtains ? She is a fit actress and can wear many fashionable clothes

why is Jai cast in this show ? He is the skinniest and weakest looking of all 3 ...even skinnier than the women

Jai and Bani have ZERO chemistry

Bani and Veer have much less chemistry ...they r good actors but no fire between them

Honestly all the actors look bored

1178840 thumbnail

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

Season 1 and 3 defiantly had a good cast...

season 3 was a pretty hot cast ...looks of hot guys but was ruined by terrible story line and a very weak Naag raani

This season is ruined because of bad casting, bad story , bad editing and bad direction

I already did a topic a few weeks ago about how this show may flop...called it

why is Bani wearing drapes and curtains ? She is a fit actress and can wear many fashionable clothes

why is Jai cast in this show ? He is the skinniest and weakest looking of all 3 ...even skinnier than the women

Jai and Bani have ZERO chemistry

Bani and Veer have much less chemistry ...they r good actors but no fire between them

Honestly all the actors look bored

Season 3 was absolute fire. It had the potential to be the best one out of all the Naagin seasons but was ruined after the memory loss track. From there onwards it was all downhill.

But BeHir were H.E.A.V.E.N.L.Y. ☺️No words left to describe them. They were ANGELIC.

But this season, NOTHING seems right. Sharad is handsome, but his character looks like an overused one. Honestly speaking, this 'bad boy good girl' thing looks very stereotypical to me now, especially after having watched hundreds of such shows on TV.

Their love story doesn't seem organic to me; it looks like Veer is lusting after her like Aakesh did for Naageshwari. It could be far better if his character was a bit more subtle and diabolical; than go the same old done-to-death "RAWR! LOOK AT ME I'M SO BAD! OMG!" thingy. 🤪

Isha_201 thumbnail

Season 1 and 3 were PURE LOVE ❤️Both Rivanya and Behir were mesmerizingly beautiful. ☺️

In fact, Season 3 would have been the BEST out of all had they not ruined the show with Mahir's memory loss and turning it into a saas-bahu nonsense.

Rivanya and Behir are loved by everyone--teens, early twenties, late twenties, thirties, forties, aunties, everyone. But Veer-Bani type of romance is suited for only a particular age group. 15-22 or maybe till 25 like you said. But beyond that, it will look childish to more mature people.

Yeah!

Veer Bani's romance would definitely look like that because at a certain age, people do understand that this chasing, dreams of bringing moon and stars don't work. Love is not that important as it used to be. Other things are also there which the people obviously found in Rivanya & Behir.

People crave for compatibility and that is what these two couples had the most which obviously this season is lacking.

No matter how much hype is created for season 5 or how much online views this season ks getting, if people aren't watching it on television at the given time, we aren't getting the ratings and thus,the show won't work.

opsora2090 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

I am sorry .. i stop after reading the Title .. , Is Naagin5 really failing ? sorry to disagree here .. if we compare it's ratings with other seasons then i have diff opinion.-

> N 1 was fresh concept for the Naagin genre , so it will be hit in the decade that is true.. and n1 ko beat karna is really tough for any season

> Naagin5 is very very low budget show , very less VFX, less glamour.. very less known actor except leads .

> Other season had magnificent set , but due to budget , they are using currently only jungle , random roads and kzk sets ..

> no extra kharcha for extra sajawat

>no saaas bahu ka drama, which ITV loves

> No extra kharcha for dresses.. lead heroine's dress is so much simple.. cheel bechara toh adhee time kale dress pehenkei ghumte hain. so ek biggest amount ka budget cut

> Very less known villain .. agar N1 , N2, N3, N4 pe dikha jayee toh cast ka jo ek maha sangam tha .. n5 main woh kahipe nei . less crowd , aur jo bhi hain 80% unknown .

> due to corona , ek major level audience is already gayeb .. so it will be tough to bring them back . it will take time.

> very much less promotion with leads.. jo hina , dheeraj ka promotion jis level pe hua , current casts uss hartak promoted nei huye

> is waqt koi show ka TRP 2 hona hi sabse bari baat hain ..

.. now itne sareee problems kay wajud bhi N5 is slaying becoz of the strong story (cheel -naagin concept) and cast's mehenat.. VAni's chemistry.. the amount of buzzes they are making , last seaon pe bhi itna buzz nei ayeee... aur high amounts of buzz unhi couple ka atee hain jisko online pe mass pasand kia jata hain aur unka buzz sell hote hain. and in online it is slaying like pro .. offline pe bhi it will soon get it's position once again hopefully ...so for me observing current situation , N5 kahise bhi fail nei hain... baki lets agree to disagree

Edited by opsora2090 - 4 years ago
opsora2090 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

N3 ek certain period kay baad drop hui

not other show .. 1 jo laa rahe hain that is well known establish show which was TRP puller since start ..so ek well establish show could not be compared in this time . and that is daily soap .. and n5 is weekend .. so farak haain

aur ek show is getting 3 ka kareeb.. but uss show ka start bhi 2,2.1 sei shuru hui jo baad main rise huye

This week it was in top 3

within this cheap budget 3 lana mushkil hain .. ekta is not only concentrating o n story which is very good for me as audience but akhon ka bhi ek spark hote hain jo mere hisab se is waqt less.. no glamour at all .. last week itna mast ek dance dali which create fire onscreen .. but ek sasti kapde pehena dia bani ko .. i wish ekta's CV looks pe bhi dheyan de