Why Naagin 5 isn’t getting the ratings

Rein123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Naagin 1, 2, 3, and 4 were all family dramas. Naagin 4 even though it had a shitty storyline, it was still a family drama that people wouldn’t mind watching on television.

All the top shows with really high ratings are family dramas be it Anupamaa or Kundali Bhagya, TMKOC or even india’s Best dancer. These are shows you can watch on television with your family without them minding much.

Here in Naagin 5, we see Veer, Bani and Jay, but the focus is mostly on them as if this is some kind of high school drama or a crime thriller which it’s not supposed to be. Yes it’s lacking the Naagin vibe completely.

The focus at the moment is on taking revenge for noor, why are they focused on Noor’s death so much? And why are the cheels shown as mafia’s?? They could have been involved in some illegal work but flesh trade? Even if they are shown as mafia’s there should be some mother figure around who is the total opposite of Balwant to bring back the original vibe of the show being a Naagin franchise. There is no proper familial bond for the cheels, even Bani’s relationship with her sister isn’t explored much, and forget Jay, his scenes with his family is fine but his individual scenes where he is a naag is not very appealing I guess. Bani misunderstanding and hating veer is still fine but to justify that you need to do something about Jay.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

The budget this season is low too and colors isn't promoting the show well. They always air promo the sameday and Ekta is using another one of her show set for Naagin 5.

Also I think because viewers are used to the 2 Naagins with 1 unless male lead. It will take awhile for them to adapt to this new version of Naagin if they do.

I feel marriage is on the way which always work for trp.

Rein123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AutumnColors

The budget this season is low too and colors isn't promoting the show well. They always air promo the sameday and Ekta is using another one of her show set for Naagin 5.

Also I think because viewers are used to the 2 Naagins with 1 unless male lead. It will take awhile for them to adapt to this new version of Naagin if they do.

I feel marriage is on the way which always work for trp.

Having two male leads is still fine, it add up spice to the show, the problem is how are they going to proceed with the story? And they need to do away with the mafia background. It’s just too dark. They need to bring some female characters to liven up Veer’s family. Maybe a sanskaari mom for veer would do who is as clueless as Veer about the Singhania illegal business. Or maybe Veer finds out abt this stupid business of theirs and gets it shut down.

Maybe Gurdip punj or someone like her could play Veer step mom.

Gayathri_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rein123

Having two male leads is still fine, it add up spice to the show, the problem is how are they going to proceed with the story? And they need to do away with the mafia background. It’s just too dark. They need to bring some female characters to liven up Veer’s family. Maybe a sanskaari mom for veer would do who is as clueless as Veer about the Singhania illegal business. Or maybe Veer finds out abt this stupid business of theirs and gets it shut down.

Maybe Gurdip punj or someone like her could play Veer step mom.

For Indian trp audience it is not fine that is they are not used to two men showing interest, love or good kinda obsession (like if the obsession doesnt include kidnapping, crying manhandking) on one woman😆

We know abt kundali bhagya storu and even though anupamaa shows some valid issues and reality it still has the main trope of husband having affair.

all know what is Barrister babu abt...but again it had this male lead's girlfriend drama going on

And same goes to every other top trp serials😆

So yeah this concept will only be accepted if the promos exciting and thrilling that too it should be promoted repetitively

From my opinion for now Naagin5 has two main issues

1- no proper promotion / not even had a good launch

2- lack of family drama and naagin roop trope

It is still a start if they plan wisely it might get the desired result

Rein123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gayathri_10

For Indian trp audience it is not fine that is they are not used to two men showing interest, love or good kinda obsession (like if the obsession doesnt include kidnapping, crying manhandking) on one woman😆

We know abt kundali bhagya storu and even though anupamaa shows some valid issues and reality it still has the main trope of husband having affair.

all know what is Barrister babu abt...but again it had this male lead's girlfriend drama going on

And same goes to every other top trp serials😆

So yeah this concept will only be accepted if the promos exciting and thrilling that too it should be promoted repetitively

From my opinion for now Naagin5 has two main issues

1- no proper promotion / not even had a good launch

2- lack of family drama and naagin roop trope

It is still a start if they plan wisely it might get the desired result

They need to bring in some family drama. This noor revenge and tug of war between Veer and Jay is obviously not working.

Just proceed to the main thing that is Veer Bani love hate story cum family drama. I don’t know what’s going to happen to Jay, I think he’s going to die temporarily and come back with a new face and dupe both Veer and Bani and what not only to get paired opposite Naina. Btw Mohit should leave. His presence isn’t doing well for anyone including himself in the show