Historicity of Mahabharata

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

People I found a good presentation by eminent historian and Archeologist B.B. Lal on the historicity of Mahabharata

Please check it

https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/sfih108/mahabharata-historicity-prof-b-b-lal

He has also written a book on it for anyone who might be interested

@Chiillii @Deepika @Andy @HearMeRoar please check

Nora kash tu bhi dekh le ise

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AninditaB thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Interesting. Reading this article

Originally posted by: Andy3456

Interesting. Reading this article

Yes please it's actually a good description in a precise form

Coming for such a renowned name in historical n archeological field means something

Armu4eva thumbnail

This is really good. Thanks for sharing.

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

quite interesting. I actually have forgotten a lot of history and dates which i read back in school. need to brush up to understand it properly.

Thanks for sharing

Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I always prefer B B Lal when it comes to Indian history. He uses logical analysis based on scientific evidence. He is respectful of others opinion, but sticks to what can be realistically proven.

Only hope is Dwarka excavations as being underwater the ruins are better preserved than on land.

Originally posted by: Chiillii

I always prefer B B Lal when it comes to Indian history. He uses logical analysis based on scientific evidence. He is respectful of others opinion, but sticks to what can be realistically proven.

Only hope is Dwarka excavations as being underwater the ruins are better preserved than on land.

Yes he

Actually I read that ASI had found out bow arrow set Chariot etc which dated as back as 15th centuryBCE.

Though I respect BB LAL but his dates seem very conservative. The potted greyware were of around 12thcentury and there is no reason to believe that the average reign per king would be only 15 years. It could easily be 20+ years (just see the queen of England now) and that would mean the war happened around 1100; Not sure but 900 seems a very recent times to 3rd century BCE when the text was written. It seems highly improbable that so many supernatural elements entered the epic in this small time

Dwarika needs to be excavated; they have recently found small seals which were umpteen in number inside water. Could these be the same pass/ id proof Harivamsapurana speaks of. I hope they could do some carbon dating that would solve our problems of date

Originally posted by: naq5

quite interesting. I actually have forgotten a lot of history and dates which i read back in school. need to brush up to understand it properly.

Thanks for sharing

Yes sure I have actually bought his book against Aryan Invasion/Migration Theory would share it's insights once I get it

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Thanks for sharing preet

Interesting & quite informative article😊