Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Justwatching

What outsider?

He’s Bobby deols cousin 

I wonder if Bobby picks up his phonecalls 😆

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nahiiinnn

Why history? Everyone had the same views when the movie released. It was regressive at that time itself.

Omg i was going to say same. I didn’t wait for him to say it today. I had the exact same views when i watched it and absolutely hated the movie then and today. 

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: YoWorld

Ranjhana was so regressive. But dhanush potrayed kundan so so well, that many people overlooked the problem with the story.

But man, dhanush, and that last 5 min scene with those dialogues, makes me weep every time.

So true

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I don’t see this reasoning that the movie gave out a regressive message ..:

Showing something regressive is not the same as saying “look this regressive thing is good”

It didn’t glorify stalking...it was told from the POV of a small town boy who has limited exposure and to him, stalking is romance hence the songs etc...but his happiness is short lived and he eventually faced emotional turmoil ...his life turns out to be anything but peachy...

why must every movie tell u what to do? Or be a clean black and white take on things? 

There is grey...and it makes for gr8 cinema

Good people don’t always have good things happen to them...and bad ppl are not always punished. That is life. If cinema also shows that, it’s not glorification

Edited by pathaka - 3 years ago
Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail

He does have a point, but like few stated same has been pointed out by many for years now!

I thoroughly disliked the death scene - Boys ended up forming a camaraderie blaming the girl for the mess they were in - That too coming from one who couldn't stop stalking Zoya for years and the other who blindly followed Zoya's nonsencisal direction of lies!

People need to face the consequences for their actions. They may get influenced probably but end of the day they are responsible for their own deeds. There was no need for them to play victim esp Kundan!

At the same time story displayed three different flawed characters who paid for their mistakes - Guess that was the basis of the storyline!

Tho glorification of Kundan throughout was nauseating to watch even if the story ends with his death!

Glorification of such characters always become problematic ala Kabir Singh - Movie makers definitely need to keep such aspects in mind!

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

👏 kudos to Abhay for accepting the fault in his own movie.....

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Tum hi ab so ke jaage ho chacha. Hum toh pehle se kehte aa rahe hain.

Ssp123 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I haven't watched Ranjhana so not sure but this has been the case with many films where stalking is glorified in the name of optimistic approach 

Aaj nhi maani h to kal maan jayegi 

- kudos to Abhay for finally accepting this. 

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I think he is over bollywood and it’s bs like everyone else. He is right. It may be a problem that he is voicing this just now, but he seems to not care about the consequences. It’s not like his career depends on him being politically correct. He can say whatever the hell he believes and wants and that’s exactly what he is doing

I don’t see him playing the blame game here. I’ve Always liked him. He’s sensible and is beyond bw imo.

Krantikari thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I don't think this film glorified anyone. Both Kundan and Zoya paid the price for their misdeeds. A film doesn't need to outright point out that something is bad in your face, there are more subtle ways of going about it. If Kundan got the girl in the end, then we could have said that the film glorified stalking. It showed the reality IMO, that's how a lot of small town men behave and think.