Of Whiny wives and worried husbands

AnushkhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hi guys! I have not posted anything here for a long time. Most of my stories are posted on Wattpad. So I thought to post some here as well.

This an OS on RoNakshi...I hope you like it....❤️

Sonakshi woke up with a headache the size of Mexico. It seemed like she had a hangover from hell and that wasn't possible because she doesn't drink. So Sonakshi very deftly concluded that the bubbling fever from last night had exploded this morning very angry at her for ignoring it. A whimper escaped from her dried lips as she tried to reach her sleeping husband but didnot find his warm body beside her and ended up patting at the cold pillow. Great! So that means Rohit had left for a surgery at some ungodly hour of the night or dawn because ofcourse "it was an emergency baby" and ofcourse Dr. Surgeon Rohit Sippy didnot know how to relax and let go of his damn profession once in a while. Sonakshi hated being sick and she hated it more when her adorably frustrating husband couldn't be beside her to pander to her whims. Her throat was hurting and the moment she lifted herself off the bed she felt her head spin in protest. The digital thermometer showed 100 degrees. Fabulous! She knew she couldn't ditch her work today. There was an upcoming serial which was swiftly gaining popularity with the masses and climbing the charts so naturally the boss was jumping upon the actors heads to perform better. She had to work overtime as usual and Netraji had specifically kept the shift till 1:30 am in the night today itself. So, even taking a sick leave was out of question. She tottered unsteadily towards the washroom just as her mobile rang. The caller id showed Dr. Khadoos with heart emojis. A small smile crept on her dull face. It was a video call. She picked it up making sure to arrange her dishevelled appearance before. Dr. Rohit Sippy's handsome face greeted her happily. Though he tried to look fresh but the rapidly appearing dark circles under his eyes spoke a different story of their own. Damn! He was wearing those metal frame glasses which made him look hotter than hell. Sonakshi wished she could touch him through the mobile.

R- Sona!!! Good morning mah love!

S- Aapka morning good gya phir Dr. Sahab. I hope the patient's fine.

R- Tum bhi naa Sona yaar... Kabhi I love you ke badle I love you bol bhi diyaa karo naa...

She stifled a giggle at his whiny expression which turned into a cough. Rohit's face instantly changed from smiling to a characteristic frown. Shit! She didn't want him to know about her sickness. He definately woudn't allow her to leave for work in this condition. He would come straight from the hospital if need be or else sync Mamma on her. And God knows nobody wants Veena Sippy to know that they have a fever! You know why! So she quickly drank some water to stop the coughs and smiled reassuringly at him.

R- Sona...baby tum thik ho naa. Chehra thoda dull sa lag rha hain and your coughs sound like...

S- Arre I'm completely fine Rohit. Mujhe kuch nhi hua. Woh gala dry ho gya tha isliye I started coughing and abhi abhi neend se uthi hoon naa so chehra shayad...

R- Are you sure?

S- Ha baba...I,m okay. You don't take tension.

R- phir bhi temperature check karlena ekbar and tell me.

S- Uff! Dr. Surgeon tum bhi naa. Jab dekho hyper ho jaate ho. I'm fine kaha naa. Sabne kaha tha mujhse ki doctor se shaadi karneka yhi side effects jhel ne padenge

Rohit grinned at that making her heart skip a bit like it always does. Then she saw a naughty twinkle in his eyes and she became aware of the incoming tease before it came. Typical Rohit Sippy style.

R- Toh tumne kya kaha unse. Kyun ki doctor se shaadi?

Sonakshi smiled indulgently and mischief sparkled freely in her eyes.

S- Main kya kehti? Maine kaha ki tum Surgeon ho, doctor nahi....

R- Sona yaar...kuch bhi!!!

They laughed in unison while Sonakshi left a silent prayer in her mind like she always did while talking with him, that they keep laughing and loving like this forever. That Rohit never leaves her side and their unique bond of love and friendship never breaks. And just because he is Rohit Sippy, she knows it will come true.

S- Anyways rakhti hoon ab. Shoot ke liye der ho rhi hain. Aaj shift lamba hain. So bht late ho jayega aate waqt. You don't wake up for me.

R- Thik hain. Waise mujhe bhi aaj late ho jayega. Ek important surgery hain shyaam ko. Thoda complicated hain. Toh time lag sakhta hain. You take care of yourself madam. Yaad rakhna aap real life mein Parvati nhi hain jo inhuman ki taraf overwork karti ho...

S- ulta chor kotwaal ko date! Ye baat tum kar rhe ho? Jiska middle name overworking hain? Seriously? And hain, tumhare parvati waale jokes thode boring ho gye hain. Kuch naya dhoondo. Rakhti hun..bye. Love you.

She saw him chuckle before blowing a flying kiss at the screen before they cut the call. Talking with Rohit made her feel better and she almost felt ready to take on the day as it comes, sickness and long hours included. That feeling lasted till she reached her sets and Sultan bhai told her that they have to shoot at an outdoor location and she had to act a sequence in the rain, with winds and all....the whole package! Story of my life!!! The day was getting better and better.

Twenty gallons of freezing water, fifteen takes, four retakes and three advils later Sonakshi felt like a bag of wet cement trying to dragg itself through a never ending dezert. She was well aware of her escalating temperature and pounding headache still because she is who she is...she agreed to do that dance sequence with Sumit. She carried on fine till the first few steps and then it happened. She felt her head reeling with the next step and dark purple and black spots graced her vision. Sonakshi's eyes rolled into her head and she crumpled on the ground like a puppet whose strings had been severed. There was a unsurprising pandemonium in the sets and everyone ran helter- skelter in a desperate attempt to be of any help. Sumit lifted Sonakshi off the ground into the bed in her vanity van. Netraji screamed at the spotboys to get a doctor asap. Though they were initially concerned more about their lead actress but later the fear of confronting a certain surgeon left everyone quaking in their boots...uh chappals.

Rohit was scrolling through his whatsapp messages when Ravi stopped the car abruptly causing him to jerk painfully at the backseat.

"What the hell Ravi!!! Gadi nhi chalaa sakhta thik se! Naalaayak!"

"Sir..main kya karoon? Koi aa gya samne!"

Rohit saw two men come towards his window and slap at it restlessly. He opened it.

"Sir! Aap ke gadi ke pichhe sticker dekha! Aap doctor hain!"

"Surgeon!"

"Haan?"

"Main surgeon hoon. Heart surgeon! CVTS.." Rohit answered in a monotone.

"Haan toh wahi, ek baat hi huyi naa. Sir please jaldi chaliye na hamare saath. Woh humari madam behosh ho gyi hain. Plz ekbaar check karr lijiye.." Rohit looked at the two men with distaste yet agreed to accompany them mumbling under his breathe that doctors and surgeons are not the same. When he reached their shoot location a weird sense of deja vu assailed his senses. Did I do something like this before? He looked around and a lot of people seemed familiar. His brain must habe really been messed up because of the back to back surgeries or due to lack of sleep. He followed the two men to a vanity van. The moment he entered he felt a bout of claustrophobia choking him. There were too many people in that little place surrounding someone. He was about to instruct them to leave when that strong sense of deja vu again gripped him and his heart started racing. He quickly pushed passed several people and reached the bed. His heart stopped beating almost instantly.

It was her. His Sona, his wife, the love of his life....lying listless and unmoving on the bed. Etherally beautiful even in her sickly unconsious state. He could not breathe.

"Sona..." He stuttered, unable to form coherent words in a mind numbing worry.

"Kya hua meri Sona ko? Why is she unconsious? Sumit....Netraji meri...meri...Sona ko kya hua...woh..." He asked the people standing near to him, his eyes wide in fear and worry. He quickly caught her limp hand and checked her feeble pulse. Her bp had dropped again! Then he became aware of her burning skin. He put a shaking palm across her forehead and winced in horror. She was running a scortchingly high temperature. He felt fear and anger jolt through his body like an electric shock. How could they be so careless!!! Did they take his wife for a machine!!! He will surely give them a piece of his mind but later. Now nothing mattered more than his Sona... He will deal with his greedy,money- minted selfish idiots! Rohit quickly picked Sonakshi up bridal style ignoring everybody around him and took off towards his car instructing Sunita to tell Shankar to bring her stuff home.

Back in his...their...room at Sippy mansion Rohit put his sick wife gently on the bed before running swiftly towards the medicine cabinet. By the time he was back with the paracetamol and water, Sonakshi was stirring. He put the medicine and the glass on the bedside table and sat beside her on the bed. He softly stroaked her hair and whispered lovingly to her.

"Sona..utho zaraa baby. Thoda medicine peelo phir so jaana thik hain..."

"Nhi...mmmm.... Sone dona Rohit...mmmmujhe...neend...aa rhi hain.." Sonakshi whined like a sleepy cranky kid. Rohit lifted her up gently in his arms cradling her soft burning frame close to his chest making her head fall on his shoulder. He took the paracetamol in one hand and rubbed his sleeping wife's hand in another.

"Just one second kiddo...thodaa saa medicine peelo phir sleep okay...fever nhi jayega phir Sona...plz.." He tried feeding her but she turned her head sideways like a stubborn child hugging Rohit tightly in ner sleep drugged state. Rohit smiled in fond exasperation. His wife started behaving like a kid when she falls sick. He slowly yet firmly turned her head towards the medicine and finally managed to coax her into taking it. Then he furthur managed to make her drink water before she promptly fell asleep yet again. But it proved to be a longer night for Rohit. He sat beside Sonakshi and started putting a cold compress to her overheated forehead in a desperate attempt to bring down the fever. It was 104 degrees when he had last checked. He had remembered her dull face in the morning and berated himself for letting himself be convinced by her third class acting to being well. A f**king hundred and four degrees and the woman had to go to work, that also agreeing to overwork. Silly girl! And he was a perfect idiot! He knew how much obsessed his Sona is with her work yet he didn't realise that she was lying to him so that she could work even being terribly sick! Shame on him! Sonakshi mumbled his name in her sleep breaking his internal musings and he bent towards her level to press a soft kiss on her forehead with as much love he could muster. He was mad at her for lying to him about her condition but his guilt at being unable to see through her lies far outweighed his anger. But Sona would surely get it this time when she regains her senses.

The morning sun splashed its gentle warm rays lovingly on Sonakshi's face and she fluttered her eyes open. And the first thing her lovely sight fell on was him.... It warmed her heart. He was squeezed in a rather uncomfortable position in a chair beside the bed, his legs sprawled out and his one hand still holding the compress was on his lap and the other hung on the other side. His raven hair ruffled adorably over his forehead and he was fast asleep, unaware of time and space. Rohit.... Then she spotted the unnatural things. His usually peaceful sleepy face was contorted in a frown this time and he hadn't even changed his clothes from yesterday night. Then the snippets of conversation from the previous night came back to her. He gently trying to make her take the medicine, brushing her hair off her forehead, putting the compress, his tender lips on her face. Oh Rohit.... He was surely awake the whole night taking care of her. Sonakshi saw that she had sweated her fever out. There was no trace of the former headache and she was definately feeling better than yesterday. But her Rohit looked so tired. He hadn't got an ounce of sleep yesterday even after slogging at the hospital from the past two days without proper rest let alone sleep. Sonakshi felt incredibly guilty that he had to take care of her in that condition. Couldn't she have bore a little bit of fever without creating a ruckus about it!? Evidently not.

She didn't wish to wake him up from his much deserved slumber but she knew that he'll have a terrible back ache and neck ache sleeping in that position. Sonakshi gently took his free hand and brought it to her lips. Rohit stirred in his sleep. "Wake up sleepy head..." Sonakshi whispered. Rohit's eyes fluttered open a bit confused and disoriented and instantly sharpened. He quickly shot up straight from that position wincing in pain.

R- Sona! Tum thik ho? Kahi dard toh nhi ho rha? He put a hand on her forehead in concern and sighed in relief as it felt cool. The fever was gone.

S- I'm fine now Rohit. Chala gya fever. Waise Kal kya hua tha? Main set se ghar kaise lauti? Mujhe kuch yaad kyun nhi aa rha?

She saw her husband's face change from relieved to a rigid stance almost immediately. She gulped in apprehension. Oh he is obviously mad! Rohit stood up ignoring her queries and went towards the wardrobe.

S- Rohit.... Suno naa....woh kya hua naa...rain sequence tha toh...shayad fever ho gya...Suno toh..

R- Ab toh jhut bolna band karo Sona. Fever tumhe subah hi hua tha. I got an inkling of that seeing your face during the video call. But I left it at that thinking you are responsible enough to....khair... Clearly I was wrong.

He returned with a fresh set of clothes for her and a towel.

R- here..pasina se bheeg gyi ho. Change kar lo.

S- Rohit...sorry naa. Don't be mad please...

Sonakshi made a whiny face and enlarged her huge eyes more as if it was possible pleading him to forgive her. Rohit seemed unmoved. Oh I'm definately getting it this time! Rohit knew she was still weak from the fever so he helped her wipe her sweat and change her clothes handling her all the while so softly as if she was made of porceiline. Sonakshi could feel his love and care with his every unintentional touch. Suddenly she felt so overwhelmed. Nobody had ever taken care of her this way. Not for the past many many years. Frankly speaking she never complained and nobody bothered. She always took care of her own needs...period...didn't care about her own needs. She was always alone and miserable when she used to fall sick. Sounds pathetic but that was the reality that was untill Dr. Rohit Sippy graced her life.

Sonakshi quickly wrapped her arms around him burying her face into his warm masculine chest before he could get up again. She felt his rigid muscles tense up momentarily and for a few seconds she thought he would not reciprocate her hugg which made her want to cry. But he relaxed the very next moment and wrapped his long arms protectively around her shaking frame providing her with the love she craved and a bit more.

S- Rohit I'm sorry, really. Mujhe aisaa nhi karr na chahiye tha. I made you worried and... He suddenly wriggled out of her grasp to stare at her angrily. Here it comes! Sonakshi steeled herself for the incoming well deserved scolding.

R- Worried! Sona!!! Really... Yes! Yes I was worried batshit crazy! Sonakshi winced at his loud tone bowing her pretty head like a child getting reprimanded.

R- But that was secondary mah love!!! And you know why? Because more than being worried I was petrified! He bellowed. Sonakshi looked up to meet his eyes shocked at his revelation. Rohit seemed unaware of her predicament.

R- i was f**king blissfully oblivious that my wife was so terribly sick and I saw you there lying so unmoving...pale...colourless....so...so...lifeless.....I felt...like ...like someone had sucked my life out of my body.... Rohit felt tears sting his eyes as Sonakshi's unconsious form from the previous night danced in front of his bleary vision.

S- ROHIT!!! Sonakshi looked horrified. How could he talk of himself in that manner? Even the idea of Rohit dying made her feel like she was dying as well. Tears pooled in the corner of her eyes seeing the strongest man she had the good fortune of knowing fumble and stutter like this. She had no idea Rohit would've been so worked up. Noone had ever reacted for her in this way. Rohit dragged a palm through his exhausted face betraying his facade of control finally. Sonakshi got up from where she was leaning on the headboard and etched closer to her husband to where he was sitting, his back towards her and feet on the ground. She hugged him from the back leaning her weak frame softly against him.

S- Rohit I am so so sorry. Mujhe bilkul idea nhi tha tum itna ghabra jaoge. I thought I could handle it. Actually woh kaam aajkal kuch zyadaa chal rha hain. Woh nya serial hain, jiske saath compete karna hain aur..

R- Toh? Toh kya apne health ka khayal nhi rakhna hain?

S- nhi mera woh matlab nhi hain...

Rohit turned to face her and took her hands in his.

R- Sona...atleast mujhe bta toh sakhti thi naa. Jab maine subah tumse pooncha. You could've informed me.

S- I know...I know. I am really very sorry. I should have told you. But kyan hain naa Rohit, mujhe aadat nhi hain in sab ki. I mean kisine kabhi mera itnaa khayal nhi rakha. Bachpan mein jab papa the toh alag baat thi but unke jaane ke baad... Pulki aur Pari toh chhote the aur Mumma apni duniya mein hi rehti thi. Maine hamesha khudko samahla hain. I'm used to all this. Working through sickness and all. Isliye shayad kabhi kabhi bhul jaati hun...

Rohit felt like someone had punched him. He couldn't bear to imagine the pain his Sona had to suffer throughout her life. He pictured a weak and miserable Sona struggling through her sickness to continue working all alone and felt a million daggers through his heart. He quickly moved her to get inside the blanket beside her on the bed and cuddled her close to him. Sonakshi instantly placed her head on his chest, her favourite place in the world and sighed in happiness. She knew she was forgiven. Rohit pressed little kisses on her hair.

R- Tum kabhi akeli nhi ho Sona....remember that always. I'm always beside you darling. You don't have to do this alone. I'm and will always be with you forever. So dusri baar se please share your troubles with me. Even if you are sick and all....

S- I will Rohit. I promise. Aaj ke baad se aisaa kabhi nhi hoga.

She felt his one around her slender waist and the other stroaking her hair lovingly. She never felt so cared for and pampered. She thought she will burst with the affection he was showering on her inhibitedly. She lifted her face to look at him. Rohit smiled at her and pressed kisses on her forehead and eyes.

R- I love you Sona!

She tucked her face back into his chest and planted a kiss there.

S- I love you more Rohit...

A few moments of companiable silence ensued filled with only the soft breathing of the love birds. Then Rohit pressed her cheek on his wife's head and said unable to stop remnisciating about their first meeting.

R- Do you remember Sona... Hamari pehli mulaakat aise hi huyi thi. Tum behosh ho gyi thi and your spotboys stopped my car pleading to check up on their madam. You were the most beautiful woman I had ever laid my eyes on. You looked etheral, lying on the sofa, blissfully unmoved by the hurricane raining around you.

Rohit looked wistfully at the ceiling.

Sonakshi was drawing random patterns on his chest with her index finger thanking whoever up there brought Rohit Sippy in her life. He felt her smile.

S- Life has come to a full circle my love. Kise pta tha ki uss din jiss insaan ko maine apne aankh khulne ke bad sabse pehle dekha tha usse main zindagi bhar ke liye apne aankh khol ke sabse pehle dekhungi...

Rohit sighed in pleasure tightening his embrace around her

R- Kal naa phirse wahi hua tha. I was passing through your shoot location and two men stopped my car requesting me to check up on their madam who had fainted.

S- really? What a coincidence!

They were silent for a few seconds before Rohit broke in grumbling

R- but I should really teach people the difference between a surgeon and a doctor...

Sonakshi looked up at him gaping in surprise. Rohit laughed at her expression pulling her nose fondly. Soon, Sonakshi joined him and their room reverberated happily with love and laughter.

Good to know some things never change....

The end

Plz lemme know in the comments what you think about it... 

Regards

Thanks for reading 

Anouska ❤️❤️

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smile10000 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Amazing os.. I was hoping for such a scene to be played in the show.. It was refreshing to read an os on Ronakshi after such a long time.. 

Cute248 thumbnail

😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘wonderful how beautifully you describe the meaning of LOVE and CARE 🥰🥰🥰🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩i hope season 2 bhi kuch aisa hi ho🤭😔nd maine suna tha ki kvg nd divyanka kisi show me aa rhe h??kya ye rumor h ya sach??

Sree_mk thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Anouska, this story is so good and neat 👍🏼. I liked the way you maintained the uniqueness of Ronakshi throughout this story ❤️. 

AnushkhaA thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cute248

😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘wonderful how beautifully you describe the meaning of LOVE and CARE 🥰🥰🥰🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩i hope season 2 bhi kuch aisa hi ho🤭😔nd maine suna tha ki kvg nd divyanka kisi show me aa rhe h??kya ye rumor h ya sach??

Thanks yaar... about that idk... Sickand did mention that his fav actress is DKI and that he wud love to work with KVG again...so ig they took it to Twitter and kvg said he wud love to work with dki and dki replied in positive...

Sooo thats frm where the rumour started ig..

Not that I mind...though karpika wud always remain my fav, i really want to see kvg perform again...be that with anyone..

And DKI is just so pretty...

😊😊😊😊😊😊

But i do want a second season of khkt too...😔😔😔

AnushkhaA thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sree_mk

Anouska, this story is so good and neat 👍🏼. I liked the way you maintained the uniqueness of Ronakshi throughout this story ❤️. 

Thank u so much...😁😁😁😁

Cute248 thumbnail

Ohh...but i was bit worried about this ki ab hum karpika ko sath nhi dekh payenge but agr aisa na ho tohi better h😉🥰🥰

Ptani 2nd season kb aayega 🙄😑

cygnet9 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnushkhaA

Hi guys! I have not posted anything here for a long time. Most of my stories are posted on Wattpad. So I thought to post some here as well.

This an OS on RoNakshi...I hope you like it....❤️

Sonakshi woke up with a headache the size of Mexico. It seemed like she had a hangover from hell and that wasn't possible because she doesn't drink. So Sonakshi very deftly concluded that the bubbling fever from last night had exploded this morning very angry at her for ignoring it. A whimper escaped from her dried lips as she tried to reach her sleeping husband but didnot find his warm body beside her and ended up patting at the cold pillow. Great! So that means Rohit had left for a surgery at some ungodly hour of the night or dawn because ofcourse "it was an emergency baby" and ofcourse Dr. Surgeon Rohit Sippy didnot know how to relax and let go of his damn profession once in a while. Sonakshi hated being sick and she hated it more when her adorably frustrating husband couldn't be beside her to pander to her whims. Her throat was hurting and the moment she lifted herself off the bed she felt her head spin in protest. The digital thermometer showed 100 degrees. Fabulous! She knew she couldn't ditch her work today. There was an upcoming serial which was swiftly gaining popularity with the masses and climbing the charts so naturally the boss was jumping upon the actors heads to perform better. She had to work overtime as usual and Netraji had specifically kept the shift till 1:30 am in the night today itself. So, even taking a sick leave was out of question. She tottered unsteadily towards the washroom just as her mobile rang. The caller id showed Dr. Khadoos with heart emojis. A small smile crept on her dull face. It was a video call. She picked it up making sure to arrange her dishevelled appearance before. Dr. Rohit Sippy's handsome face greeted her happily. Though he tried to look fresh but the rapidly appearing dark circles under his eyes spoke a different story of their own. Damn! He was wearing those metal frame glasses which made him look hotter than hell. Sonakshi wished she could touch him through the mobile.

R- Sona!!! Good morning mah love!

S- Aapka morning good gya phir Dr. Sahab. I hope the patient's fine.

R- Tum bhi naa Sona yaar... Kabhi I love you ke badle I love you bol bhi diyaa karo naa...

She stifled a giggle at his whiny expression which turned into a cough. Rohit's face instantly changed from smiling to a characteristic frown. Shit! She didn't want him to know about her sickness. He definately woudn't allow her to leave for work in this condition. He would come straight from the hospital if need be or else sync Mamma on her. And God knows nobody wants Veena Sippy to know that they have a fever! You know why! So she quickly drank some water to stop the coughs and smiled reassuringly at him.

R- Sona...baby tum thik ho naa. Chehra thoda dull sa lag rha hain and your coughs sound like...

S- Arre I'm completely fine Rohit. Mujhe kuch nhi hua. Woh gala dry ho gya tha isliye I started coughing and abhi abhi neend se uthi hoon naa so chehra shayad...

R- Are you sure?

S- Ha baba...I,m okay. You don't take tension.

R- phir bhi temperature check karlena ekbar and tell me.

S- Uff! Dr. Surgeon tum bhi naa. Jab dekho hyper ho jaate ho. I'm fine kaha naa. Sabne kaha tha mujhse ki doctor se shaadi karneka yhi side effects jhel ne padenge

Rohit grinned at that making her heart skip a bit like it always does. Then she saw a naughty twinkle in his eyes and she became aware of the incoming tease before it came. Typical Rohit Sippy style.

R- Toh tumne kya kaha unse. Kyun ki doctor se shaadi?

Sonakshi smiled indulgently and mischief sparkled freely in her eyes.

S- Main kya kehti? Maine kaha ki tum Surgeon ho, doctor nahi....

R- Sona yaar...kuch bhi!!!

They laughed in unison while Sonakshi left a silent prayer in her mind like she always did while talking with him, that they keep laughing and loving like this forever. That Rohit never leaves her side and their unique bond of love and friendship never breaks. And just because he is Rohit Sippy, she knows it will come true.

S- Anyways rakhti hoon ab. Shoot ke liye der ho rhi hain. Aaj shift lamba hain. So bht late ho jayega aate waqt. You don't wake up for me.

R- Thik hain. Waise mujhe bhi aaj late ho jayega. Ek important surgery hain shyaam ko. Thoda complicated hain. Toh time lag sakhta hain. You take care of yourself madam. Yaad rakhna aap real life mein Parvati nhi hain jo inhuman ki taraf overwork karti ho...

S- ulta chor kotwaal ko date! Ye baat tum kar rhe ho? Jiska middle name overworking hain? Seriously? And hain, tumhare parvati waale jokes thode boring ho gye hain. Kuch naya dhoondo. Rakhti hun..bye. Love you.

She saw him chuckle before blowing a flying kiss at the screen before they cut the call. Talking with Rohit made her feel better and she almost felt ready to take on the day as it comes, sickness and long hours included. That feeling lasted till she reached her sets and Sultan bhai told her that they have to shoot at an outdoor location and she had to act a sequence in the rain, with winds and all....the whole package! Story of my life!!! The day was getting better and better.

Twenty gallons of freezing water, fifteen takes, four retakes and three advils later Sonakshi felt like a bag of wet cement trying to dragg itself through a never ending dezert. She was well aware of her escalating temperature and pounding headache still because she is who she is...she agreed to do that dance sequence with Sumit. She carried on fine till the first few steps and then it happened. She felt her head reeling with the next step and dark purple and black spots graced her vision. Sonakshi's eyes rolled into her head and she crumpled on the ground like a puppet whose strings had been severed. There was a unsurprising pandemonium in the sets and everyone ran helter- skelter in a desperate attempt to be of any help. Sumit lifted Sonakshi off the ground into the bed in her vanity van. Netraji screamed at the spotboys to get a doctor asap. Though they were initially concerned more about their lead actress but later the fear of confronting a certain surgeon left everyone quaking in their boots...uh chappals.

Rohit was scrolling through his whatsapp messages when Ravi stopped the car abruptly causing him to jerk painfully at the backseat.

"What the hell Ravi!!! Gadi nhi chalaa sakhta thik se! Naalaayak!"

"Sir..main kya karoon? Koi aa gya samne!"

Rohit saw two men come towards his window and slap at it restlessly. He opened it.

"Sir! Aap ke gadi ke pichhe sticker dekha! Aap doctor hain!"

"Surgeon!"

"Haan?"

"Main surgeon hoon. Heart surgeon! CVTS.." Rohit answered in a monotone.

"Haan toh wahi, ek baat hi huyi naa. Sir please jaldi chaliye na hamare saath. Woh humari madam behosh ho gyi hain. Plz ekbaar check karr lijiye.." Rohit looked at the two men with distaste yet agreed to accompany them mumbling under his breathe that doctors and surgeons are not the same. When he reached their shoot location a weird sense of deja vu assailed his senses. Did I do something like this before? He looked around and a lot of people seemed familiar. His brain must habe really been messed up because of the back to back surgeries or due to lack of sleep. He followed the two men to a vanity van. The moment he entered he felt a bout of claustrophobia choking him. There were too many people in that little place surrounding someone. He was about to instruct them to leave when that strong sense of deja vu again gripped him and his heart started racing. He quickly pushed passed several people and reached the bed. His heart stopped beating almost instantly.

It was her. His Sona, his wife, the love of his life....lying listless and unmoving on the bed. Etherally beautiful even in her sickly unconsious state. He could not breathe.

"Sona..." He stuttered, unable to form coherent words in a mind numbing worry.

"Kya hua meri Sona ko? Why is she unconsious? Sumit....Netraji meri...meri...Sona ko kya hua...woh..." He asked the people standing near to him, his eyes wide in fear and worry. He quickly caught her limp hand and checked her feeble pulse. Her bp had dropped again! Then he became aware of her burning skin. He put a shaking palm across her forehead and winced in horror. She was running a scortchingly high temperature. He felt fear and anger jolt through his body like an electric shock. How could they be so careless!!! Did they take his wife for a machine!!! He will surely give them a piece of his mind but later. Now nothing mattered more than his Sona... He will deal with his greedy,money- minted selfish idiots! Rohit quickly picked Sonakshi up bridal style ignoring everybody around him and took off towards his car instructing Sunita to tell Shankar to bring her stuff home.

Back in his...their...room at Sippy mansion Rohit put his sick wife gently on the bed before running swiftly towards the medicine cabinet. By the time he was back with the paracetamol and water, Sonakshi was stirring. He put the medicine and the glass on the bedside table and sat beside her on the bed. He softly stroaked her hair and whispered lovingly to her.

"Sona..utho zaraa baby. Thoda medicine peelo phir so jaana thik hain..."

"Nhi...mmmm.... Sone dona Rohit...mmmmujhe...neend...aa rhi hain.." Sonakshi whined like a sleepy cranky kid. Rohit lifted her up gently in his arms cradling her soft burning frame close to his chest making her head fall on his shoulder. He took the paracetamol in one hand and rubbed his sleeping wife's hand in another.

"Just one second kiddo...thodaa saa medicine peelo phir sleep okay...fever nhi jayega phir Sona...plz.." He tried feeding her but she turned her head sideways like a stubborn child hugging Rohit tightly in ner sleep drugged state. Rohit smiled in fond exasperation. His wife started behaving like a kid when she falls sick. He slowly yet firmly turned her head towards the medicine and finally managed to coax her into taking it. Then he furthur managed to make her drink water before she promptly fell asleep yet again. But it proved to be a longer night for Rohit. He sat beside Sonakshi and started putting a cold compress to her overheated forehead in a desperate attempt to bring down the fever. It was 104 degrees when he had last checked. He had remembered her dull face in the morning and berated himself for letting himself be convinced by her third class acting to being well. A f**king hundred and four degrees and the woman had to go to work, that also agreeing to overwork. Silly girl! And he was a perfect idiot! He knew how much obsessed his Sona is with her work yet he didn't realise that she was lying to him so that she could work even being terribly sick! Shame on him! Sonakshi mumbled his name in her sleep breaking his internal musings and he bent towards her level to press a soft kiss on her forehead with as much love he could muster. He was mad at her for lying to him about her condition but his guilt at being unable to see through her lies far outweighed his anger. But Sona would surely get it this time when she regains her senses.

The morning sun splashed its gentle warm rays lovingly on Sonakshi's face and she fluttered her eyes open. And the first thing her lovely sight fell on was him.... It warmed her heart. He was squeezed in a rather uncomfortable position in a chair beside the bed, his legs sprawled out and his one hand still holding the compress was on his lap and the other hung on the other side. His raven hair ruffled adorably over his forehead and he was fast asleep, unaware of time and space. Rohit.... Then she spotted the unnatural things. His usually peaceful sleepy face was contorted in a frown this time and he hadn't even changed his clothes from yesterday night. Then the snippets of conversation from the previous night came back to her. He gently trying to make her take the medicine, brushing her hair off her forehead, putting the compress, his tender lips on her face. Oh Rohit.... He was surely awake the whole night taking care of her. Sonakshi saw that she had sweated her fever out. There was no trace of the former headache and she was definately feeling better than yesterday. But her Rohit looked so tired. He hadn't got an ounce of sleep yesterday even after slogging at the hospital from the past two days without proper rest let alone sleep. Sonakshi felt incredibly guilty that he had to take care of her in that condition. Couldn't she have bore a little bit of fever without creating a ruckus about it!? Evidently not.

She didn't wish to wake him up from his much deserved slumber but she knew that he'll have a terrible back ache and neck ache sleeping in that position. Sonakshi gently took his free hand and brought it to her lips. Rohit stirred in his sleep. "Wake up sleepy head..." Sonakshi whispered. Rohit's eyes fluttered open a bit confused and disoriented and instantly sharpened. He quickly shot up straight from that position wincing in pain.

R- Sona! Tum thik ho? Kahi dard toh nhi ho rha? He put a hand on her forehead in concern and sighed in relief as it felt cool. The fever was gone.

S- I'm fine now Rohit. Chala gya fever. Waise Kal kya hua tha? Main set se ghar kaise lauti? Mujhe kuch yaad kyun nhi aa rha?

She saw her husband's face change from relieved to a rigid stance almost immediately. She gulped in apprehension. Oh he is obviously mad! Rohit stood up ignoring her queries and went towards the wardrobe.

S- Rohit.... Suno naa....woh kya hua naa...rain sequence tha toh...shayad fever ho gya...Suno toh..

R- Ab toh jhut bolna band karo Sona. Fever tumhe subah hi hua tha. I got an inkling of that seeing your face during the video call. But I left it at that thinking you are responsible enough to....khair... Clearly I was wrong.

He returned with a fresh set of clothes for her and a towel.

R- here..pasina se bheeg gyi ho. Change kar lo.

S- Rohit...sorry naa. Don't be mad please...

Sonakshi made a whiny face and enlarged her huge eyes more as if it was possible pleading him to forgive her. Rohit seemed unmoved. Oh I'm definately getting it this time! Rohit knew she was still weak from the fever so he helped her wipe her sweat and change her clothes handling her all the while so softly as if she was made of porceiline. Sonakshi could feel his love and care with his every unintentional touch. Suddenly she felt so overwhelmed. Nobody had ever taken care of her this way. Not for the past many many years. Frankly speaking she never complained and nobody bothered. She always took care of her own needs...period...didn't care about her own needs. She was always alone and miserable when she used to fall sick. Sounds pathetic but that was the reality that was untill Dr. Rohit Sippy graced her life.

Sonakshi quickly wrapped her arms around him burying her face into his warm masculine chest before he could get up again. She felt his rigid muscles tense up momentarily and for a few seconds she thought he would not reciprocate her hugg which made her want to cry. But he relaxed the very next moment and wrapped his long arms protectively around her shaking frame providing her with the love she craved and a bit more.

S- Rohit I'm sorry, really. Mujhe aisaa nhi karr na chahiye tha. I made you worried and... He suddenly wriggled out of her grasp to stare at her angrily. Here it comes! Sonakshi steeled herself for the incoming well deserved scolding.

R- Worried! Sona!!! Really... Yes! Yes I was worried batshit crazy! Sonakshi winced at his loud tone bowing her pretty head like a child getting reprimanded.

R- But that was secondary mah love!!! And you know why? Because more than being worried I was petrified! He bellowed. Sonakshi looked up to meet his eyes shocked at his revelation. Rohit seemed unaware of her predicament.

R- i was f**king blissfully oblivious that my wife was so terribly sick and I saw you there lying so unmoving...pale...colourless....so...so...lifeless.....I felt...like ...like someone had sucked my life out of my body.... Rohit felt tears sting his eyes as Sonakshi's unconsious form from the previous night danced in front of his bleary vision.

S- ROHIT!!! Sonakshi looked horrified. How could he talk of himself in that manner? Even the idea of Rohit dying made her feel like she was dying as well. Tears pooled in the corner of her eyes seeing the strongest man she had the good fortune of knowing fumble and stutter like this. She had no idea Rohit would've been so worked up. Noone had ever reacted for her in this way. Rohit dragged a palm through his exhausted face betraying his facade of control finally. Sonakshi got up from where she was leaning on the headboard and etched closer to her husband to where he was sitting, his back towards her and feet on the ground. She hugged him from the back leaning her weak frame softly against him.

S- Rohit I am so so sorry. Mujhe bilkul idea nhi tha tum itna ghabra jaoge. I thought I could handle it. Actually woh kaam aajkal kuch zyadaa chal rha hain. Woh nya serial hain, jiske saath compete karna hain aur..

R- Toh? Toh kya apne health ka khayal nhi rakhna hain?

S- nhi mera woh matlab nhi hain...

Rohit turned to face her and took her hands in his.

R- Sona...atleast mujhe bta toh sakhti thi naa. Jab maine subah tumse pooncha. You could've informed me.

S- I know...I know. I am really very sorry. I should have told you. But kyan hain naa Rohit, mujhe aadat nhi hain in sab ki. I mean kisine kabhi mera itnaa khayal nhi rakha. Bachpan mein jab papa the toh alag baat thi but unke jaane ke baad... Pulki aur Pari toh chhote the aur Mumma apni duniya mein hi rehti thi. Maine hamesha khudko samahla hain. I'm used to all this. Working through sickness and all. Isliye shayad kabhi kabhi bhul jaati hun...

Rohit felt like someone had punched him. He couldn't bear to imagine the pain his Sona had to suffer throughout her life. He pictured a weak and miserable Sona struggling through her sickness to continue working all alone and felt a million daggers through his heart. He quickly moved her to get inside the blanket beside her on the bed and cuddled her close to him. Sonakshi instantly placed her head on his chest, her favourite place in the world and sighed in happiness. She knew she was forgiven. Rohit pressed little kisses on her hair.

R- Tum kabhi akeli nhi ho Sona....remember that always. I'm always beside you darling. You don't have to do this alone. I'm and will always be with you forever. So dusri baar se please share your troubles with me. Even if you are sick and all....

S- I will Rohit. I promise. Aaj ke baad se aisaa kabhi nhi hoga.

She felt his one around her slender waist and the other stroaking her hair lovingly. She never felt so cared for and pampered. She thought she will burst with the affection he was showering on her inhibitedly. She lifted her face to look at him. Rohit smiled at her and pressed kisses on her forehead and eyes.

R- I love you Sona!

She tucked her face back into his chest and planted a kiss there.

S- I love you more Rohit...

A few moments of companiable silence ensued filled with only the soft breathing of the love birds. Then Rohit pressed her cheek on his wife's head and said unable to stop remnisciating about their first meeting.

R- Do you remember Sona... Hamari pehli mulaakat aise hi huyi thi. Tum behosh ho gyi thi and your spotboys stopped my car pleading to check up on their madam. You were the most beautiful woman I had ever laid my eyes on. You looked etheral, lying on the sofa, blissfully unmoved by the hurricane raining around you.

Rohit looked wistfully at the ceiling.

Sonakshi was drawing random patterns on his chest with her index finger thanking whoever up there brought Rohit Sippy in her life. He felt her smile.

S- Life has come to a full circle my love. Kise pta tha ki uss din jiss insaan ko maine apne aankh khulne ke bad sabse pehle dekha tha usse main zindagi bhar ke liye apne aankh khol ke sabse pehle dekhungi...

Rohit sighed in pleasure tightening his embrace around her

R- Kal naa phirse wahi hua tha. I was passing through your shoot location and two men stopped my car requesting me to check up on their madam who had fainted.

S- really? What a coincidence!

They were silent for a few seconds before Rohit broke in grumbling

R- but I should really teach people the difference between a surgeon and a doctor...

Sonakshi looked up at him gaping in surprise. Rohit laughed at her expression pulling her nose fondly. Soon, Sonakshi joined him and their room reverberated happily with love and laughter.

Good to know some things never change....

The end

Plz lemme know in the comments what you think about it... 

Regards

Thanks for reading 

Anouska ❤️❤️

Read this story on Wattpad. Miss your updates there❤️

AnushkhaA thumbnail

Originally posted by: cygnet9

Read this story on Wattpad. Miss your updates there❤️

Aww...thanks a lot! I did give an update for one 0f my ffs there about a week ago i think...did u check that...LOVE WILL FIND A WAY...?

cygnet9 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnushkhaA

Aww...thanks a lot! I did give an update for one 0f my ffs there about a week ago i think...did u check that...LOVE WILL FIND A WAY...?

Read👍🏼waiting for next update