Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

That makes sense. It could have been a mutual symbiotic treaty between them. Poor Keechak could have been actually lured to death.

Anyhow that curse thing actually isn't possible at all

By the way Chiillii did you find the generations of Hastinapur post Janamejay? Hastinapur was not one of the 16 Janpads of India right? So wasn't Indraprasth! Did Koshal take over them and destroyed the entire kingdom by annexing them?

I have read that the kingdom of Anga was annexed by Bimbisar around 5th Century BCE, when did it happen for Hastinapur/Indraprasth

I haven't gone to post JJ yet.

My research is stuck reconciling Ikshavaku and chandravanshi and corresponding kingdoms

I have come till Lava Kusa.

kusa genealogy is well documented. But Lava descendents who allied with Krishna and Pandavas is not. So once I figure these only then I will be able to go down further.

One thing though JJ moved into Kosala territory Kausambi after Hastinapur was flooded.

But his descendents were only namesake. They were taken over by Magadha by the fourth generation I think

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Chiillii

Rules of fair engagement were broken from day one. Bhishma the one who made the rules himself was attacking Charioteers and doing group attacks.

One thing that however continued till Abhimanyu Vadh was ceasefire at night. So that soldiers could rest. Wounded tended to.

Abhimanyu vadh brought an end to that as well.

Day 14 onwards it was non stop fight. Arjun simply continued after sunset.

Ghatothkach's Rakshasa army was lethal in the darkness. They were trained warriors who used to live in the jungles in darkness, where lighting a fire or lamp was impossible most of the time because of wildfires. Unlike in urban settlements. So Rakshasa really came on their own in night battles.

That is why Karna or anybody else who needed visibility to fight were useless against ghatothkach and his army. therefore Karna had to use Shakti eventually.

After Abhimanyu's funeral war did not stop till Duryodhan Bhima battle. At one point Arjun had to engage kouravas non stop to give his soldiers break.

Was it a non stop flight post Abhimanyu Vadh?

But we have huge details of Chandal Chaukdi mourning n being tensed after Drona's death(night 15) apparently also lamenting having humiliated Draupadi and having spent time with each other the entire night with no one else allowed inside.

I read in KMG not sure if BORI has removed this part.

I think Kauravas were poor at implementation. Except Bheem Satyaki n Arjun, there was no one in the opposite side they couldn't have defeated, they gave Pandavas the chances.

They knew how fierce Ghatochkach was, night fight was at a disadvantage to them, they should have been cautious to ensure that evening Shankhnaad happens at correct time, but they just continued

To think of it would those soldiers get lunch breaks

I haven't gone to post JJ yet.

My research is stuck reconciling Ikshavaku and chandravanshi and corresponding kingdoms

I have come till Lava Kusa.

kusa genealogy is well documented. But Lava descendents who allied with Krishna and Pandavas is not. So once I figure these only then I will be able to go down further.

One thing though JJ moved into Kosala territory Kausambi after Hastinapur was flooded.

But his descendents were only namesake. They were taken over by Magadha by the fourth generation I think

So Hastinapur ceased to be kingdom within centuries of causing so much destruction to India. Good Karma pays.

I do think India lose out important war tactics post this war.

Anyhow the Janpad system became important only around 500 BCE so it seems by then Hastinapur was completely forgotten.

Were the descandents of JJ taken as Kshatrap of Magadh or Completely annexed (like they did to Anga?)

Could you share what is your research source? Are these mentioned in Puranas?

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

@ Chillii & preet

Out of topic questions

I m finding very frequent prediction regarding lord kalki.

People know where he will take birth , where his wife will take birth , etc .

This is upcoming future .

It had been mentioned somewhere or sab baithe hawa main hai .

Originally posted by: deepikagupta9

@ Chillii & preet

Out of topic questions

I m finding very frequent prediction regarding lord kalki.

People know where he will take birth , where his wife will take birth , etc .

This is upcoming future .

It had been mentioned somewhere or sab baithe hawa main hai .

Bhawishya Puran gives details about him,

But the thing I don't understand is why the people during invasions felt that Kalki would come to save them? Didn't they know that end of Kaliyug is way ahead

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Bhawishya Puran gives details about him,

But the thing I don't understand is why the people during invasions felt that Kalki would come to save them? Didn't they know that end of Kaliyug is way ahead

Aisa bhi kuch hai kya like bhawishya puran ?

Really people think so

Originally posted by: deepikagupta9

Aisa bhi kuch hai kya like bhawishya puran ?

Really people think so

Bhawishya Puran also mentions Muhhamad. It's definitely a later text might have been complied after invasions when Sanatanis started hating his followers

Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

So Hastinapur ceased to be kingdom within centuries of causing so much destruction to India. Good Karma pays.

I do think India lose out important war tactics post this war.

Anyhow the Janpad system became important only around 500 BCE so it seems by then Hastinapur was completely forgotten.

Were the descandents of JJ taken as Kshatrap of Magadh or Completely annexed (like they did to Anga?)

Could you share what is your research source? Are these mentioned in Puranas?

Magadhan kings took over completely, in the territories they took over. They took away all the powers of the Kshatriya kings and gave it to a council of amatyas. (Brahmanas and Vaishya noblemen)

That is how Janapada system evolved. Janapadi were not democracy. They were more oligarchy. Monarchs powers were given to a council of noble men. These were hereditary titles. Instead of one powerful royal family in a kingdom, several noble families were given extensive land holdings with control over law and order and taxation. But dependent on Magadha army for the security against invasions.

Till JJ it is Puranas. And after him other sources.

But I haven't reached there yet. Not sure if I will complete it. As this is strictly lockdown project. Once lockdown is over routine life will take over

Edited by Chiillii - 4 years ago

Magadhan kings took over completely, in the territories they took over. They took away all the powers of the Kshatriya kings and gave it to a council of amatyas. (Brahmanas and Vaishya noblemen)

That is how Janapada system evolved. Janapadi were not democracy. They were more oligarchy. Monarchs powers were given to a council of noble men. These were hereditary titles. Instead of one powerful royal family in a kingdom, several noble families were given extensive land holdings with control over law and order and taxation. But dependent on Magadha army for the security against invasions.

Till JJ it is Puranas. And after him other sources.

But I haven't reached there yet. Not sure if I will complete it. As this is strictly lockdown project. Once lockdown is over routine life will take over

Wow proud to be a Bihari. Hum humesha se great rahe hain poore India ko ghutno pe la diya🤣and till the time we were at realm koi invasion Bharat ko diga nhi paaya.

Ok so the Janpad heads weren't kings! They were like Kshatrap representatives of Magadh. Makes sense now. That's why only the states they couldn't rule directly became Janpads

@Bold I really hope you reach uptil there, but I understand it would be difficult post lockdown, but please if possible and you aren't able to continue then please let me know the sources will try.

Sreemad has list for Magadh kings from Jarasandh to PushyaMitra Sunga I think

Sabhi ko Ramjanmasthan Mandir shilanyas ki shubhkamnaayein.

Jambudweepe Bharatkhande Aryavate Bharatvarshe ek bhoomi hai Vikhyat Ayodhya naam se.

Yehi janmbhoomi hai Maryada Puroshottam Sri Ram ki