Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

heavenlybliss thumbnail

Plot Pundits

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Anam...

If we wait for our end of the month discussions to interact with each other, it’s going to be pretty quiet over here.

So, I thought I’ll ask you’ll a few random book related questions. Others, please feel free to ask whatever book related questions you might have as well.

1. How do you’ll consume books....physical book, ePub or as audiobooks?

ePub on my iBooks app on mac/iphone

2. Do you consider listening to audiobooks as reading?

Nope thats boring and doesnt give the reading feel... isse acha movie dekh lo😆 reading teaches you a lot of stuff which audiobooks cant I feel

3. Do you own a huge collection of books out of which many are unread but you still keep buying more books? It’s an issue with me so I wanted to know if anyone here is in the same boat.

yessss! I have like over 2k and ive barely read 100🤣

Word Count: 0

xbeyondwordsx thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

If we wait for our end of the month discussions to interact with each other, it’s going to be pretty quiet over here.

So, I thought I’ll ask you’ll a few random book related questions. Others, please feel free to ask whatever book related questions you might have as well.

1. How do you’ll consume books....physical book, ePub or as audiobooks?

2. Do you consider listening to audiobooks as reading?

3. Do you own a huge collection of books out of which many are unread but you still keep buying more books? It’s an issue with me so I wanted to know if anyone here is in the same boat.

1 - I used to be hard books only person but I’ve accumulated so many books over the years that I physically don’t have space in my house for them all 😆 I mostly do ePub now but I do own lot of my favourite books in hard copy.

2 - Hmm Audiobooks are great for commute but I can’t get the same satisfaction from it as I would reading an actual book.

3 - I do have lots of books that I haven’t gotten around to reading it . But I can’t get rid of them either 😆

heavenlybliss thumbnail

Plot Pundits

I even keep books after i finish reading them and i know i will never touch them again🤔

Phenyl thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mayashika

Okay so my questions are

Are you comfortable dnfing a book?

Yes. I try to give it a chance but even after the 100-150 mark if it doesnt get better I DNF it. I have 15 DNF books I think and most of them are classics.

What time of day do you typically read/do you prefer to read?

Mostly evenings and nights

Till last year, I struggled a lot putting down books that I don't enjoy. I used to feel guilty at random times thinking about that book which I didn't give a fair chance or not to say about the weird obsession I had to complete every single series I ever started even if I hated the first book. I am better at it now. I even dnfed two books last year and didn't really think about going back to them.

Completing those series mustve been a struggle. Im glad youre better at it now. Which books did you dnf?

Anam... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

@Unique.Sheep:

I even keep books after i finish reading them and i know i will never touch them again🤔

Woah! That’s quite a lot. I suddenly feel better 😆

There are some books I can’t part with but books that I’ve read and I have no intention of re reading, I get them exchanged for other books.

Anam... thumbnail

Originally posted by: xbeyondwordsx

1 - I used to be hard books only person but I’ve accumulated so many books over the years that I physically don’t have space in my house for them all 😆 I mostly do ePub now but I do own lot of my favourite books in hard copy.

Wow! You really must own quite a whole lot of books then.

2 - Hmm Audiobooks are great for commute but I can’t get the same satisfaction from it as I would reading an actual book.

I agree, there is more to be satisfaction in actually reading a book. For me, audiobooks usually work great for non fiction.

3 - I do have lots of books that I haven’t gotten around to reading it . But I can’t get rid of them either 😆

That’s a feeling many of us struggle with.

Anam... thumbnail

A few more questions -

1. How many books do you usually read at a time?

2. Is there anyone in your family you get your reading habit from?

3. Have you girls watched Gilmore Girls? One of the main characters, Rory is obsessed with books and there are over 300 books referenced in that show.

https://youtu.be/dqGnJb16l5s

heavenlybliss thumbnail

Plot Pundits

@Unique.Sheep:

Woah! That’s quite a lot. I suddenly feel better 😆

There are some books I can’t part with but books that I’ve read and I have no intention of re reading, I get them exchanged for other books.

whenever I find a book that looks interesting or an author I like or a best seller, I store it to read later. Thats how I landed up with 2k🤪

heavenlybliss thumbnail

Plot Pundits

A few more questions -

These days its 2😆 One fiction and one non fiction :D

My dad used to love reading when he was my age and my brother too

3. Have you girls watched Gilmore Girls? One of the main characters, Rory is obsessed with books and there are over 300 books referenced in that show.

Nope ive heard of it but no idea what its about

https://youtu.be/dqGnJb16l5s

Anam... thumbnail

@Unique.Sheep:

These days its 2😆 One fiction and one non fiction :D

I attempt to read 2 as well, trying to balance fiction and non fiction, doesn’t always happen.
I’m re reading Harry Potter as of now besides whatever other book I’m reading 😛

My dad used to love reading when he was my age and my brother too

I got the habit from my mom.

Nope ive heard of it but no idea what its about

Gilmore Girls is mainly about a mother-daughter relationship who are more like friends than mother daughter. It’s a great show with amazing dialogues and characters. The show is worth watching, at least the first 3 seasons of it are worth watching.