Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

This just goes to show bollywood's ignorance. Certain actresses only occasionally read scripts. So of course when they see a hard working actor come forward they wont understand the merit of hardwork. They are use to getting everything handed to them on platter. Everywhere in the world hard work is only applauded. But in Bollywood it is common for actors to be lazy and take opportunities for granted. When someone with good work ethic shows up they don't understand it. And instead of applauding it like it should be. They mock it for being unique and different. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Unconventional

People like Akshay Kumar only mock them.

Akshay has done action sequences for films where he could’ve died. Locking yourself in some room won’t measure up to that imho. I think he has some authority to speak. But not mock. 

Discovery thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Akshay has done action sequences for films where he could’ve died. Locking yourself in some room won’t measure up to that imho. I think he has some authority to speak. But not mock. 

Absolutely Maroon and everybody speaks about it with much respect.But what Akshay does at times is called mocking.Why would u call it all a lie just bcoz u donot follow that certain way of preparation for role.He can politely say that he doesn’t follow that way  but mocking it is not going to make him look superior.

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Internalizing is a process that is different for different people. 

In SSR case he changed his bedroom into how a porter would live to understand the mindset and setbacks. This is his way of internalizing the process of acting and getting into the skin of the character. 

He learnt Dhoni , literally.

Not only did he aced his cricket but also the mannerisms. 

Do we mock Akshay for waking up early and exercising ?that’s his dedication . (Kareena did mock though) Why mock others’ way of working then? 

Akshay has inclination for Action hence he took risks .

Have you seen Padman? I felt bad for Arunachalam. The movie itself was bad but Akshay was just pathetic (imho) 

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

What is there to mock about this method acting or preparing to do a role?

Tabu went to a red light area to see how sex workers talk and dress to do Chandini bar

Ranveer singh got depression and started acting rude while doing khilji 

But there have been instances where trying to enact a scene people have almost lost their life or injured themselves badly

Like Big B on coolie sets injured his intestine and was critical 

Like Sunny deol broke his back for a scene in Ghatak where he had to carry amrishi puris arthi on his shoulders alone and hence reduced doing action scenes 

Nowadays technology has imroved vastly yet stuntmen keep injuring themselves or even dying because of stunts gone wrong

But in past actors have got grievously injured too while trying to do scenes especially action themselves

If an actor wants to do method acting or stunts himself its his choice

But i believe acting is an art, you cannot truly learn it in a class by taking acting classes

Its like poetry either someone can write poetry or he cannot at all

Same way acting cannot be taught to any person by going to school/college

Either you can act or you cannot

Because acting is about expressing and that can come from personal experience or by nature like they say natural born actor

No one can teach it to make you a great actor in any class

Yes you can learn dance or expressing in dance etc but real acting cannot be taught to anyone 

Otherwise everyone would go to an acting school and become great actors 

But as you see current nepotism lot has got all sort of training yet majority cannot act to save their life

Even a tiger shroff or a hrithik lack the acting ability todays time, they look good can dance and do action etc but to do great acting its inborn it cannot be taught

Hrithik definetly acts better in some movies like jodha akbar or guzaarish etc but thats because of SLB, SLB is known to discuss and enact scenes in advance of how an actor must emote on screen and hes pretty good at it. So if you see in his movies many non actors also act good like ash in HDDCS or guzaarish. Or even a bajirao or padmavaat, javed jafrey son has said he enacted some scenes of ranveer in far shots. 

Edited by myviewprem - 3 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Every indusy has its share of people who doesn't approve of method acting.

But their is also a section which gets in its awe.

I mean HW has its share of method acting critiques.

[Note my post is in general term, and about Sushant]

Edited by RegressiveThug - 3 years ago

What a bunch of twats. DDL is a legend. Using him as an insult to mock people. I can’t. Man I hope Kangana takes all of them down

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

What a bunch of twats. DDL is a legend. Using him as an insult to mock people. I can’t. Man I hope Kangana takes all of them down

I agree with you on the first part . 

Kangana is using SSR as an excuse to bring down “the system” that she exploited and  people want her as a weapon to do that regardless of what she does or says and who she hurts in the process . 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: GrumpyTheCat

Kangana is using SSR as an excuse to bring down “the system” that she exploited and  people want her as a weapon to do that regardless of what she does or says and who she hurts in the process . 

She had plenty of power considering the things she got away with. She’s power hungry 😆

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Interesting post! 👍🏼