Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

allizzwell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: BinKuchKahe.

I know right! For me, it’s one of the most romantic picturisation of a couple in love, to come from Bollywood. It’s so intimate, soft and gentle. In fact, this movie is easily one of my favourite love stories from BW. The understanding that this couple shares, it’s what anyone would want. Very beautifully presented. So relevant even today.

Agree on Tanuja. She never looked as beautiful again.. she was so so gorgeous in this movie. Timeless.. see the other song of hers from this movie called Mera Dil Jo Mera Hota. She looks so naturally beautiful there.

I loved Guru Dutt as well.. sigh Kaagaz Ke Phool is another favourite of mine, amongst few others. Both husband and wife were so talented. Geeta Dutt died way too early and never got her due. Guru Dutt, too, could have done more even though he was already an established star.

Will catch up Anubhav soon😊

Wish Tanuja was portrayed in this charm of hers. None could capture her beauty in such a simplistic way.

I can’t believe I was a fan of Sanjeev Kumar and Guru Dutt those years in my early school days πŸ™„...as these both were such classy actors and not the conventional ones. There is a certain element of romance in their eyes and they used it to their best. 😍

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Yes and because of him Sulakshana Pandit also remained unmarried.....His short life was packed and eventful....He wasn’t made to marry though because his entire family has a genetic heart disorder because of which almost all of them died before they reached their 50s...

oh really ? didnt know about this......wish he had accepted and moved on..... Didnt know about the heart disorder too.........but wish he had still given a chance to Sulakshna Pandit, as it is, she couldnt move on......so few moments of love wouldve good for both of them..... I find Sulakshna also extremely pretty.....

that era was so different then the current bollywood generation........feels like they had more heart and were more human.....nowadays everything is so fake and attention seeking......

Edited by anjs - 4 years ago
allizzwell thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjs

My favourite actor.... My mom keeps saying how he was a most genuine guy...... Couldn't take the heartbreak of Hema Malinis rejection... Do know how much truth it is

Have heard the same abt him from my dad. Actually don’t know the truth abt it.

allizzwell thumbnail

Yes and because of him Sulakshana Pandit also remained unmarried.....His short life was packed and eventful....He wasn’t made to marry though because his entire family has a genetic heart disorder because of which almost all of them died before they reached their 50s...

Oh, that’s so sad, never knew this.

Veni-Vidi-Vici thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

oh really ? didnt know about this......wish he had accepted and moved on..... Didnt know about the heart disorder too.........but wish he had still given a chance to Sulakshna Pandit, as it is, she couldnt move on......so few moments of love wouldve good for both of them..... I find Sulakshna also extremely pretty.....

that era was so different then the current bollywood generation........feels like they had more heart and were more human.....nowadays everything is so fake and attention seeking......

Sulakshana has led such a sad life due to heartbreak

. Yeh pyaar bhi na.. Sometimes it is the biggest curse of life

576281 thumbnail

Him being my favorite actor, I was curious to know more about why he died so early...My dad and I would watch his movies and dad used to gush so much about his humble beginnings and how he evolved from just a nobody to who he was at the time of his death and his unrequited love for Hema..:( ...I believe,he and all the men in his family were born with congenital heart condition because of which his health suffered from a very young age....

About Sulakshana, that’s another sad story! I think she also had a tragic end! :(

https://www.thebridalbox.com/articles/sanjeev-kumar-marriage_0056019/

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Him being my favorite actor, I was curious to know more about why he died so early...My dad and I would watch his movies and dad used to gush so much about his humble beginnings and how he evolved from just a nobody to who he was at the time of his death and his unrequited love for Hema..:( ...I believe,he and all the men in his family were born with congenital heart condition because of which his health suffered from a very young age....

About Sulakshana, that’s another sad story! I think she also had a tragic end! :(

https://www.thebridalbox.com/articles/sanjeev-kumar-marriage_0056019/

awww..........that article hurt my heart a little more.....why........why Hema's mother had to interfere....eventually she fell for a much married Dharmendra, who also wasn't what her mother wanted for her.....

but more sad is what happened to Sulakshna........wish Sanjeev Kumar could move on......that heart disease thing is scary, but if accepted they couldve at least had 10 years together........she is still hurting till now.......shocked when he died......😭

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Sanjeev Kumar was so versatile. An excellent actor who at the same time managed to complement his co-stars and never managed to steal the limelight. I have a partiality for his comic roles whether it be Seeta aur Geeta,Angoor or the less well-known Gustakhi Maaf with Tanuja.And who can forget his famous obsession with his wife's 'pallu' in Hero.