Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: allizzwell

@Binkuchkahe

the 1st song u posted....meri jaan....I am addicted to it and no matter how many times I have seen or heard it before, it’s refreshing every time for me. Such a romantic number...πŸ₯° They look so madly in love with the rain background and complimenting minimalistic music. Never liked Tanuja in any other song as this. Sanjeev Kumar is such a natural performer....Bollywood lost the gem before success shone on him. πŸ˜’One of my childhood favourites other than Gurudutt ❀️

I know right! For me, it’s one of the most romantic picturisation of a couple in love, to come from Bollywood. It’s so intimate, soft and gentle. In fact, this movie is easily one of my favourite love stories from BW. The understanding that this couple shares, it’s what anyone would want. Very beautifully presented. So relevant even today.

Agree on Tanuja. She never looked as beautiful again.. she was so so gorgeous in this movie. Timeless.. see the other song of hers from this movie called Mera Dil Jo Mera Hota. She looks so naturally beautiful there.

I loved Guru Dutt as well.. sigh Kaagaz Ke Phool is another favourite of mine, amongst few others. Both husband and wife were so talented. Geeta Dutt died way too early and never got her due. Guru Dutt, too, could have done more even though he was already an established star.

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail

Originally posted by: TMKOC_MY

All are Gems. Loved him in Angoor.

Angoor is GOLD. I still remember all the dialogues from that movie. Classic.

β€œPreetam Aan Milo..” hehe πŸ˜‚

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Rediff Readers Named Sanjeev Kumar no.5 best actors of bollywood in 100 years of bollywood countdown

"5. Sanjeev KumarLast updated on: May 2, 2013 14:36 IST

To have a distinct style and yet not be defined by it is an impossible accomplishment but the late Sanjeev Kumar achieved this feat effortlessly.

And that's why he could easily spew venom as the vengeful cousin in Sunghursh, orchestrate a brilliant comedy of errors in Angoor, reek of unapologetic arrogance in Trishul, seek non-negotiable revenge as the handicapped Thakur in Sholay, convey the regret and nostalgia of an estranged marriage in Aandhi or, heck, even turn all were-wolfish on us in Jaani Dushman without as much as batting an eyelid.

Truth is there can be a bad Sanjeev Kumar film but there's nothing like a bad Sanjeev Kumar performance.

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail

Sorry for spamming this thread..

I just watched Sanjeev Kumarβ€˜s last movie β€œProfessor Ki Padosan”... apparently he passed alway while this film was being made & they released it 8 years after his death as a tribute.

Such a hilarious movie in the 1st hour or so. But after that, the film is crap as they came up with a weird storyline to compensate for Sanjeev not being there by making him all sorts of weird invisible objects.

Wish they didn’t release this, that too as a tribute. Ended up hating the movie, even though I loved the first hour of it.

TMKOC_MY thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BinKuchKahe.

Angoor is GOLD. I still remember all the dialogues from that movie. Classic.

β€œPreetam Aan Milo..” hehe πŸ˜‚

Roz roz dali dali - I have heard this in loop for days.

Deven verma, Moshomi and Deepti were too good too

ehaab thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

sholay I saw when I was a kid good movie and good acting from Sanjeev Kumar ji

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

My favourite actor.... My mom keeps saying how he was a most genuine guy...... Couldn't take the heartbreak of Hema Malinis rejection... Do know how much truth it is

576281 thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjs

My favourite actor.... My mom keeps saying how he was a most genuine guy...... Couldn't take the heartbreak of Hema Malinis rejection... Do know how much truth it is

Yes and because of him Sulakshana Pandit also remained unmarried.....His short life was packed and eventful....He wasn’t made to marry though because his entire family has a genetic heart disorder because of which almost all of them died before they reached their 50s...

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

My mom used to tell me the same story. He was immensely talented. He did not need long dialogues to convey his emotions, just a look, a closeup, one line that was it.

His acting in Mausam or Aandhi or even in Aap ki Kasam, where he had a smaller role when he gets slapped by Rajesh Khanna, there is silence and only Sanjeev Kumar's expression, first of anger then understanding then just pity. pure magic.

Good took him away so early, without any family to carry forward his legacy.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Wow heartbreak from Hema Malini hurt him ? Cause Manipulation there also.

"Initially, Dharmendra was also interested to play the role of Thakur. He eventually gave up the role when Sippy informed him that Sanjeev Kumar would play Veeru if that happened, and would be paired with Hema Malini, who Dharmendra was trying to woo. Dharmendra knew that Kumar was also interested in Malini"