I dont agree with Simrans logic

peacestead thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

I felt kind of let down by simrans behavior towards Sia today, she has no business and no right to tell Sia to leave or stay away from Sid. I have always supported simran but this is where i draw the line, How can she expect Sia to just walk out of Sids life even if she DOES NOT love him, that makes no sense and that wont make Sid fall in love with Astha.You feel what you feel and noone can make u love somebody and chasing Sia out of town aint going to make Sid and Astha into a love struck couple.

Simran inspite of knowing the stress sia too is going thru, dealing with her feelings for Anand, looking for her biological mother, acted in a most insensitive and rather cruel manner with Sia. I am really disappointed with simran today , As for Astha shes just a self pitying, attention hungry good for nothing kid and she had the most weird expression on her face when she cut her arm , a most unnatural and poorly acted scene.Simran leave Sia alone and stop raining on her space!!!!!i hope Sia does what is right for her and doesnt cave into any kind of pressure from Simran , I do think that Sia is mature and confident enough to make the right choice , shes alot less clingy than astha and alot more sensible too!!!!

I feel sorry for the poor grandparents who are taking @#it from astha and also for Sid - isnt Simran worried about his feelings and how hurt he would be if he is not given a chance with Sia???I usually never disagree with simran but i think shes pushing the envelope with sia and needs to butt out of her life....SHEESH!!!!!!!!!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iruaG thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I agree with all that you said, yet I feel whatever Simran is doing is very natural, if not right.

Consider Simran's situation, she doesn't know Sia is her long lost daughter. Aastha, who she has brought up like her own child and who she loves a lot is not on speaking terms with her. She comes to know Aastha loves Sid and also that Sid loves Sia. But she also knows that Sid's love for Sia is one-sided. Furthermore she knows that Sia lives in London and has to return eventually to her foster mother. After all whoever heard of parents reuniting with their long lost (in this case sold!) daughter after 18 years? And even if Sia were to meet her biological mother, Simran knows that Sia has no intention of staying with her as Sia has already made it clear that she would only like to ask her biological mother why she sold her.

Hence she does the next best thing. She tries to safeguard Aastha's interests by asking Sia to leave as she knows that Sia will have to leave soon for London anyway in which case it would be progressively more difficult for Sid and Sia to maintain their relationship. As it is Sia has no feelings for Sid. Also Simran knows from experience that sometimes one-sided love does culminate in marriage. Wasn't Neha's love for Abhi one-sided? Also wasn't Nagma's love for Dr. Abhimanyu Joshi one-sided? She thinks (rather selfishly I should say) that the same thing can happen in Aastha's case also. She hopes that Aastha will realize what Simran is doing for her and will give their relationship a second chance.

As for everyone taking #$%t from Aastha, well as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, she is a spoilt kid, used to having her way, moreso because she is an only child. I agree that Simran has to be a little strict with her but again I think Simran has pampered her excessively because of her own daughter's disappearance 18 years back, and also because somewhere in her heart she was insecure that Radhaji might stake claim on Aastha later (remember Aastha is not legally adopted) and Aastha might leave Simran if she didn't like being with Simran

As a mother, I think Simran's reaction is natural, if not justified. It is human nature to have your child's best interests at heart, and people do crazy things for their children. I'd have condemned it if Sia had also reciprocated Sid's feelings. Alas, that is not the case as yet. Also we as viewers know Sia is Simran's daughter, but we have to remember that Simran is not yet aware of the fact. We need to see the serial from her point of view.

Edited by koihai - 19 years ago
Mulan08 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Simran is human too and has her imperfections and she always was doubly careful and protective about Aastha, no?
Edited by hinduengg - 19 years ago