Mrunal Thakur on how media treats Starkids

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

https://twitter.com/i/status/1273252091318829056

This is exactly how media to plays a role in sidelining outsiders, today a Taimur gets more focus than a Siddhanth Chaturvedi or a Vikrant. That is why the whole system needs to change from the top down.

PR and talent management roles should be reduced and media needs to really be ethical on treating everyone with the same yardstick. 

This buying the media, setting up camps and using power to get your way needs to stop

Kareena Kapoor gave her first audition ever for Lal Singh Chadha , pretty sure many star kids didn't have to either

But an SSR who has experience in acting for a TV serial for over 2-3 years auditioned for Kai Po Che 12 times, PK 3 times, and for a Yash Raj movie, one month of workshop and 2 auditions

This is the treatment of an insider vs an outsider, that's one of the struggles they have to go through.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ImmortalsOfM thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Did what she describe really happen?shocking.But i think media is either paid by bw bigwigs or only gives the audience what it wants.I don't know how much we can blame media

Also,i really liked that man at the back in Laila Majnu,I keep watching a particular song's video for his crying.I can't believe how real his crying was,he was in Anupama Chopra's 'top 100 performances of the decade' list.

UmeraT thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ImmortalsOfM

Also,i really liked that man at the back in Laila Majnu,I keep watching a particular song's video for his crying.I can't believe how real his crying was,he was in Anupama Chopra's 'top 100 performances of the decade' list.

Who are you referring to?

ImmortalsOfM thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: UmeraT

Who are you referring to?

The man standing behind Mrunal in the video posted.His name is avinash tewary.

Fallen-Embers thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

It is really pathetic if that's what goes on. 

What is the vested interest that media has with the star kids? 

InspectorShirke thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

How do Irfan Ali Khan, Ira Khan, Alanna Panday etc have their accounts verified on insta?  

Edited by InspectorShirke - 3 years ago
UmeraT thumbnail

Originally posted by: ImmortalsOfM

The man standing behind Mrunal in the video posted.His name is avinash tewary.

He ain't a random man. He's an actor lol.

UmeraT thumbnail

Originally posted by: InspectorShirke

How do Irfan Ali Khan, Ira Khan, Alanna Panday etc have their accounts verified on insta?  

That's cos they're kids of celebs and many people have fake accounts on their names.

Bluehue thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: InspectorShirke

who are these people? 

InspectorShirke thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: UmeraT

That's cos they're kids of celebs and many people have fake accounts on their names.

So? I can tell about a lot of people who still don't have their accounts verified even though they're famous