Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

Wow. A new thread. But I am glad Vyasa described Draupadi as Anindita๐Ÿ˜ณ

AninditaB thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Question -

Why did Dhruti name his son "Duryodhana"? Or How come people started calling him "Duryodhana"?

Do we know names of his 99 brothers, apart from Dushashan and Vikarna?

I have a whole list. One min
Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepikagupta9

No rukmani mentioned will never changed d universal truth Rukmini was mahalakshmi avtar which she is considered also .

Draupadi ko leke bahut stories hai koi ek nhi , even narada or garuda puran she is said wife of vayu

Anyway there is no point discussed.

We can agree 2 disagree.

What universal truth are we talking about here ?? I am sure neither lord Vishnu nor god laxmi came to you to tell this universal truth of rukhmini bring laxmi. And i assure you that they did not came to me either. And as you correctly pointed there are many stories in different puranas devi puran calls both krishna and krishnaa as form of maha kali link of which is posted in previous thread you can check. Garud purana talks about drapaudi being a part of many goddess and etc etc. So that is why we should stick to the primary source that is Mahabharata text for determining what is truth since that is farthest we can go in this regard and in text vyasa clearly calls krishna as Vishnu/Narayan and krishnaa as sri/laxmi so that is the only universal truth we have as of now. Rest everything is a story

Armu4eva thumbnail

There is a passionate debate going on and I will just put my two cents. Krishna is God. He guided Pandavs to establish a just rule & kingdom because they were on the side of Dharm & are basically sons of Gods. Draupadi is the cornerstone of this epic. From my limited knowledge, Sri is Narayan's consort every time she reincarnates. I have read various versions that say Draupadi has elements of various Godesses but as far as Krishna is concerned, Rukmini is believed to be Sri. Krishna is considered to be an ideal husband and obviously would be better than any mortal.

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Actually, this phrasing is puzzling. If I'm interpreting correctly, it should mean Panchali was born on earth out of intercourse (ratyartham). Debroy sir was circumspect and translated it as "out of love." Was Vyasa saying Panchali was born the normal way? Then, why not outright say it? Or was she an illegitimate offspring of Drupada's?

Panchali does mentions about her childhood right so i think yes she was born the normal way only. I was reading different stories of puranas remember the link you gave in one of the other threads?? There is a mention of a place whose people were called angi janmis. I forgot the name ๐Ÿ˜†. So panchali and drishtdyum can be member of that clan belonging to that particular place. About not mentioning it outright i guess its what we were discussing in the previous thread the theory of being uncomfortable the theory that probably radha and drapaudi are one and the same person.

AninditaB thumbnail

1. Duryodhan 2. Dusshashan 3. Vikarn 4. Dushhaha

5. Jalagandha 6. Sama 7. Saha 8. Anuvidha 9. Durdharsha 10. Vindha 11. Subahu 12. Dushpradarshan 13. Durmarshan 14. Durmukha 15. Dushkarn 16. Vivikarn 17. Salan 18. Sathwa 19. Sulochan 20. Chithra 21. Upachithra 22. Chitraksha 23. Charuchitra 24. Sarasana 25. Durmada 26. Durviga 27. Vivitsu 28. Viktana 29. Urnanabha 30. Sunabha 31. Nanda 32. Upananda 33. Chitrabana 34. Chitravarma 35. Suvarma 36. Durvimochan 37. Ayobahu 38. Mahabahu 39. Chitranga 40. Chitrakundala 41. Bhimvega 42. Bhimba 43. Balaki 44. Balvardhan 45. Ugrayudha 46. Sushena 47. Kundhadhra 48. Mahodara 49. Chitrayudha 50. Nishangi 51.Pashi 52. Vridaraka 53. Dridhavama 54. Dridhakshatra 55. Somakirti 56. Anudara 57. Dridasandha 58. Jarasangha 59. Sathyasandha 60. Sadas 61. Suvak 62. Ugrasen 63. Ugrasrava 64. Senani 65. Dushparajai 66. Aparajit 67. Kundasai 68. Vishalaksh 69. Durdhara 70. Dridhahastha 71. Suhastha 72. Vatvega 73. Suvarcha 74. Aadiyaketu 75. Bahvasi 76. Nagaadat 77. Agrayayi 78. Kavachi 79. Kradhan 80. Kundi 81. Kundadhara 82. Dhanurdhara 83. Bhimaratha 84. Virabahu 85. Alolupa 86. Abhaya 87. Raudrakarma 88. Dhridararathasraya 89. Anaaghrushya 90. Kundhabhedi 91. Viravi 92. Chitrakundala 93. Dirghlochan 94. Pramathi 95. Veeryavan 96. Dirgharoma 97. Dirghabu 98. Mahabahu 99. Kundashi 100. Virjasa.

Source : Jaya. (not in correct order)

1123225 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Question -

Why did Dhruti name his son "Duryodhana"? Or How come people started calling him "Duryodhana"?

Do we know names of his 99 brothers, apart from Dushashan and Vikarna?

I believe he was named Suyodhana. I remember someone saying he changed his name himself. Dur-- doesn't mean anything bad in his case. Unfortunately, people believe it does because yeah...

Same as with Panchali which DOESN'T mean woman with 5 husbands. The Panch-- prefix ended up suggesting that.

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Originally posted by: Armu4eva

There is a passionate debate going on and I will just put my two cents. Krishna is God. He guided Pandavs to establish a just rule & kingdom because they were on the side of Dharm & are basically sons of Gods. Draupadi is the cornerstone of this epic. From my limited knowledge, Sri is Narayan's consort every time she reincarnates. I have read various versions that say Draupadi has elements of various Godesses but as far as Krishna is concerned, Rukmini is believed to be Sri. Krishna is considered to be an ideal husband and obviously would be better than any mortal.

I guess as i have already said we have to rely on text about such matters. This is the same text that talks about krishna being Vishnu incarnate and this is same text that mention drapaudi being Sri so why can't we believe that ???? There is no rule mentioned that they will have to get married to eachother only everytime they take avatar as god and goddess they have higher purpose to serve then just get married to eachother. Plus if you read text property both krishna and krishnaa echoes the same thought process to different people. I don't think we can get better proof their soulmates connection. And the way krishna always prioritize drapaudi over everyone else. Drapaudi in their vana parva conversation clearly highlights their relationship and accepts his right on her and he in turns swears on her swears on her. That s huge. He was ready to do everything for her. He felt her pain for 13 long years

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

What universal truth are we talking about here ?? I am sure neither lord Vishnu nor god laxmi came to you to tell this universal truth of rukhmini bring laxmi. And i assure you that they did not came to me either. And as you correctly pointed there are many stories in different puranas devi puran calls both krishna and krishnaa as form of maha kali link of which is posted in previous thread you can check. Garud purana talks about drapaudi being a part of many goddess and etc etc. So that is why we should stick to the primary source that is Mahabharata text for determining what is truth since that is farthest we can go in this regard and in text vyasa clearly calls krishna as Vcishnu/Narayan and krishnaa as sri/laxmi so that is the only universal truth we have as of now. Rest everything is a story

Vedvyas also stated Draupadi as swargalakshmi , why 2 forget that.

Nora posted that quote.

Even rukmani one also.

Vedvyas ki ek baat ko sach mano gi aur dusri ko jhoot.

1169321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

I believe he was named Suyodhana. I remember someone saying he changed his name himself. Dur-- doesn't mean anything bad in his case. Unfortunately, people believe it does because yeah...

Same as with Panchali which DOESN'T mean woman with 5 husbands. The Panch-- prefix ended up suggesting that.

I thought "Duryodhana" is opposite word for "Suyodhana"

Like Sugandh - Durgandh

๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…