Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: .Lonewalker.

Karna's jealousy started when Drona titled Arjuna as his best pupil & denied Karna the knowledge of Bramhastra. I am not saying it was justified, but it was there.

Well....when you think from Duryodhan's side, perhaps you are right. But then this friendship was the reason of his doom, which is pretty sad.

That was pretty late, Karna had also supported Duryodhan in Bheem poisoning. Even before they started learning under Drona, Karna supported Duryodhan in his crimes (and to think of it Karna would have already been in his late teens by the time Duryodhan became old enough to conspire)

Yes unfortunately the relation which probably he cherished the most led to his downfall. Because even if we take Karna's friendship to be unconditional, still had he not been in scene probably Duryodhan wouldn't have decided to go for the war. He didn't trust Bheeshm and Drona enough to accept a war just relying on them

But look on the brighter side, had he not been doomed he would have ended up as a king of Hastinapur which probably would have later became a vassal to Panchal/Indraprasth or even if not, he would have died as a king passing on his lineage to Lakshman, with actually no one knowing about him, Karna's friendship gave him the courage to go for this war, and made him unforgettable in history

Revenge? Punishment? How would you feel if someone from your own army killed your king?πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I doubt even if Dury had died in the hand of his friend, Dusshashan could be saved. Remember Bheema's oath?

I don't think many from Kaurav side were anyhow capable of killing Karna.

Plus Kunti after declaring that she is the mother, could have turned the story into his favour stating that he was actually her spy at Duryodhan's place πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

The winner Pandavas would have then supported him and loser army wouldn't have had much say anyway

Bheema was ready to let go the war had Kauravas accepted the Shanti prastav, so I don't think that oath mattered much to him anyhow, it was his good luck that he got chance to fulfill it during the war. Plus had the war ended, Yudhishtir would have himself asked Bheem to stop and how could he not accept bade Bhaiyya ki agya

Anyhow even if not the second last Kaurav brother died on day 18 he wasn't Dusshashan, at least he would have been saved. Koi to bachta Gandhaari Ka

😲😲😲

I never noticed this until now πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Word Count: 0

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Yudhistir could be an easier target for Karna. But well...his halfbaked daan to Kunti came in its way.

Even his promise to Kunti seems pointless to me.

He clearly tells Kunti that he can spare the other 4 Pandavas, but not Arjuna. He will fight Arjuna & try to kill Arjuna. Was this supposed to delight Kunti? πŸ€” Arjuna was very much a dear son to Kunti, how did he think Kunti will react to this promise?

And then he promises to spare the other 4 Pandavas which includes Yudhistira & Bheema and in turn closed the door of victory for Duryodhana.

Karna's promise was like....na ghar ka na ghaatka. Neither meant to pacify Kunti nor meant to assure Duryodhan. Karna was loyal to none. Other than his obsession over Arjuna.πŸ˜†

karna was definitely obsessed over Arjuna. Arjun on the other hand dosent seem at all obsessed with killing karna as his main motive in life the reverse is true.

Even in ⭐️bharat they showed this. Karna lamenting after knowing his birth truth. More than his anger with kunti, It was more about now how will i kill Arjuna to prove myself the bestAnd i was like this guy clearly has his priorities misplaced. Epic arjun ka i dont know but in this show Arjun dint even do anything to invoke such kind of hate in him. Arjun was made to ask forgiveness and wash his feet and insulted, the anger should have been from Arjuns side actually. Imagine Karna having to do this with Arjun.

His agreeing to leave the other brothers but only kill Arjun shows his obsession with Arjun

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Legend says Karna invented Paneer

I've a reason to be thankful to Karna then. πŸ€ͺ
670134 thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

That was pretty late, Karna had also supported Duryodhan in Bheem poisoning. Even before they started learning under Drona, Karna supported Duryodhan in his crimes (and to think of it Karna would have already been in his late teens by the time Duryodhan became old enough to conspire)

Yes unfortunately the relation which probably he cherished the most led to his downfall. Because even if we take Karna's friendship to be unconditional, still had he not been in scene probably Duryodhan wouldn't have decided to go for the war. He didn't trust Bheeshm and Drona enough to accept a war just relying on them

But look on the brighter side, had he not been doomed he would have ended up as a king of Hastinapur which probably would have later became a vassal to Panchal/Indraprasth or even if not, he would have died as a king passing on his lineage to Lakshman, with actually no one knowing about him, Karna's friendship gave him the courage to go for this war, and made him unforgettable in history

This part is actually very confusing. I am no way a Karna supporter, but Karna being a part of Bheem's poisoning does not add up. When Bheem's poisoning happened, Karna & Duryodhana probably did not even meet each other. In Shanti Parva, Narada told that Duryodhan & Karna met in Drona's Gurukul and Karna was jealous of Yudhistira's intelligence, Bheema's strength, Arjuna's Dhanurvidya & the twin's humility. If it's so, then how can Karna be a part of Bheem's poisoning which happened before they joined Gurukul?

While the poisoning incident is being described, there also was no mention of Karna

β€œMeanwhile the wicked Duryodhana had mixed a powerful poison with a quantity of food, with the object of making away with Bhima. That wicked youth who had nectar in his tongue and a razor in his heart, rose at length, and in a friendly way fed Bhima largely with that poisoned food, and thinking himself lucky in having compassed his end, was exceedingly glad at heart. Then the sons of Dhritarashtra and Pandu together became cheerfully engaged in sporting in the water.”

Bheema also confirmed that only Duryodhan was responsible.

β€œThen Bhima, endued with great strength and prowess, related to his brothers everything about the villainy of Duryodhana, and the lucky and unlucky incidents that had befallen him in the world of the Serpents.”

Karna is not mentioned anywhere here. But later while recounting the sins of Karna, Vasudeva mentions that Karna was part of Bheem's poisoning. There is an inconsistency here.

Going by the events' chronology it does not look like Karna & Duryodhan knew each other at the time of Bheema's poisoning. So I don't count that part. But Karna was a jalkukda through & through for sure and totally egged on Duryodhan against the Pandavas.

670134 thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

I don't think many from Kaurav side were anyhow capable of killing Karna.

Plus Kunti after declaring that she is the mother, could have turned the story into his favour stating that he was actually her spy at Duryodhan's place πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

The winner Pandavas would have then supported him and loser army wouldn't have had much say anyway

Bheema was ready to let go the war had Kauravas accepted the Shanti prastav, so I don't think that oath mattered much to him anyhow, it was his good luck that he got chance to fulfill it during the war. Plus had the war ended, Yudhishtir would have himself asked Bheem to stop and how could he not accept bade Bhaiyya ki agya

Anyhow even if not the second last Kaurav brother died on day 18 he wasn't Dusshashan, at least he would have been saved. Koi to bachta Gandhaari Ka

@Bold : That's another debate altogether... I was just saying that the use of Bramhastra may have ended with a same side goal type of result πŸ˜†πŸ˜† And if he was attempted to be punished for that, well...he could obvio destroy the rest of his own army & score a few more same side goals πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Pandavas would have thanked him for that🀣

@Underlined : Lol πŸ˜† What a twist it would have been 🀣🀣

About Bheema : Well it is not like Bheema could do anything regarding the Shaanti Prastav. It was Yudhistir's idea and you know the "dharma" in those days. He could not have opposed Yudhistir's decision openly. So he was okay with the Shanti Prastav, no idea if he was content. But once it was war & they were in war field...things get different. He very well would have fulfilled his oath regardless of whether Dury survived or not. Unless Yudhistir poked in again & clearly forbade him from doing so.πŸ˜†

670134 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Legend says Karna invented Paneer

I guess I finally understood why I do not like Paneer πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

670134 thumbnail

Originally posted by: naq5

karna was definitely obsessed over Arjuna. Arjun on the other hand dosent seem at all obsessed with killing karna as his main motive in life the reverse is true.

Even in ⭐️bharat they showed this. Karna lamenting after knowing his birth truth. More than his anger with kunti, It was more about now how will i kill Arjuna to prove myself the bestAnd i was like this guy clearly has his priorities misplaced. Epic arjun ka i dont know but in this show Arjun dint even do anything to invoke such kind of hate in him. Arjun was made to ask forgiveness and wash his feet and insulted, the anger should have been from Arjuns side actually. Imagine Karna having to do this with Arjun.

His agreeing to leave the other brothers but only kill Arjun shows his obsession with Arjun

Don't even remind this 🀒🀒 It was such a poor in taste scene 🀒

Star Mahabharat totally made kachra of the great character named Arjuna. Introduced him as the "Mahanayak" but later on Mahanalayak bana dia πŸ₯±πŸ₯±

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Don't even remind this 🀒🀒 It was such a poor in taste scene 🀒

Star Mahabharat totally made kachra of the great character named Arjuna. Introduced him as the "Mahanayak" but later on Mahanalayak bana dia πŸ₯±πŸ₯±

i hated that scene too. felt bad for arjun. they really dint have anyone to support them completely unless krishna came along.

what i meant was it should be arjun who should be holding a grudge against karna and not vice versa

i dont understand karnas obsession with Arjun though. did Arjun do any bad to him or insult him.

⭐️MB's Arjun sure dint but i dont know about the epic Arjun.