Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

Karna was definitely no match for Arjun he was a great warrior no doubt but in no way he was capable enough to defeat Arjun. He could have saved his life had the Kawatch kundal remained with him but even then there wasn't a chance for him to defeat Arjun.

This is the reason why I say that he didn't give Daan to Indra but did a proper trade. He was a warrior and wanted to excel Arjun. And by then he knew that he wasn't capable. He preferred the risk of death over being defeated yet alive

About the war, Karna wouldn't have been saved anyway. He just used Chariot misplace as an excuse to kill time, maybe to ensure the sunset happens. Otherwise I can't believe that the commander in chief couldn't have got another Chariot

About SPK lesser said the better. Duryodhan literally begged everyone to save Karna's life, he apologized to Draupadi, asked Bheem to break his thighs, kill him

Best was he asked Draupadi if her hairs were still unclean and if she needed more blood to wash them, then she could ask Bheem to kill him and take out the blood but save Karna.

Parashuram ji reached Kurukshetra out of nowhere and gave Karna the title of Mrityunjay. Apparently the Uddeshya of his life was to train Karna wonder why did he make Dharti Kshatriya viheen. Probably he was getting bored since Dwapar Yug was eras late so 21 times time pass

670134 thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Karna was definitely no match for Arjun he was a great warrior no doubt but in no way he was capable enough to defeat Arjun. He could have saved his life had the Kawatch kundal remained with him but even then there wasn't a chance for him to defeat Arjun.

This is the reason why I say that he didn't give Daan to Indra but did a proper trade. He was a warrior and wanted to excel Arjun. And by then he knew that he wasn't capable. He preferred the risk of death over being defeated yet alive

About the war, Karna wouldn't have been saved anyway. He just used Chariot misplace as an excuse to kill time, maybe to ensure the sunset happens. Otherwise I can't believe that the commander in chief couldn't have got another Chariot

About SPK lesser said the better. Duryodhan literally begged everyone to save Karna's life, he apologized to Draupadi, asked Bheem to break his thighs, kill him

Best was he asked Draupadi if her hairs were still unclean and if she needed more blood to wash them, then she could ask Bheem to kill him and take out the blood but save Karna.

Parashuram ji reached Kurukshetra out of nowhere and gave Karna the title of Mrityunjay. Apparently the Uddeshya of his life was to train Karna wonder why did he make Dharti Kshatriya viheen. Probably he was getting bored since Dwapar Yug was eras late so 21 times time pass

Karna's Kavach was not that impenetrable actually. Drupad could pierce it, no?

And yes, his trade with Indra was that only. A trade. I don't know why his kavach kundal "daan" is glorified so much. He was already aware that Indra will come & ask for his kavach as Surya dev already informed him. He had the option of refusing him, right? If he refused to give it away, that would have been his choice, he couldn't be forced to part with it. The truth is Karna had a very ego boosting / self pleasing thing going on for him because of his "daanveer" image, at par or maybe even above the par with how Yudhistir had pride in being the Dharma Raj. Karna achieved 2 things here. Kept his Daanveer image intact & also struck a good deal with Indra. He finally extricated a weapon which can make him kill Arjuna as he himself with his own knowledge was not capable of. TV Serials or modern literature portray this event like Karna was somehow cheated out of his kavach. πŸ€”

@Bold very much true & Krishna totally saw through it. Unlike how Karna fans cry, Arjuna did NOT strike a vulnerable or weaponless Karn. When Karna's chariot wheel sunk, Arjuna was about to shoot the Raudrastra. Had he done that, it could have been the end of Karna right at that moment. But Arjuna stopped when he saw Karna's wheel has sunk in mud & did not release it. It was Karna who continued the fight after getting down from the chariot by firing Bramhastra at Arjuna & so Arjuna continued.

@Underlined - Actually that's true. Karna could not get another chariot because no one from the Kuru army dared to come in rescue of Karna after seeing how he was being thrashed by Arjuna.πŸ˜† And whoever was guarding him earlier were all destroyed by Arjuna.

"O king! Dhananjaya angrily covered Karna’s chariot, all the directions and the sub-directions with his torrents of arrows. These shrouded the radiance of the sun. The sky also seemed to disappear, as if it was covered in snow. On the instructions of Duryodhana, there were those who were guarding the chariot wheels, the feet, the front and the rear.These were excellent rathas and the best. In the battle, Savyasachi slew all of them. He killed two thousand of the foremost Kurus, bulls among the Kuru lineage. O king! In a short instant, the brave one single-handedly destroyed all of them, with their chariots, horses and charioteers.They fled, abandoning Karna."

Karna actually could not get another chariot or charioteer but it's Arjuna who made it happen, with fair & square battle. No cheating like Kfans make it out to be.πŸ˜† But Karna could still fight from the ground like they made Abhimanyu fight from the ground or how Arjuna fought from the ground on 14th day. Karna did try a hand at that & failed. That's it.πŸ˜†

670134 thumbnail

And yup.... nothing to say about SPK πŸ˜†

Edited by .Lonewalker. - 4 years ago
1169321 thumbnail

Karna was trying to buy time with chariot wheel thing

He could have fought on foot, his Charioteer could have lifted the wheel, if he didn't have a Charioteer, what was he planning to do with his chariot? Shalya was his Charioteer on the day he died

Krishna told him that they are in no mood to wait for him so all he could do was fight, which he did but was defeated

I think Karna could have arrested Yudhishtire, he had got that chance unlike the others on the field. That would have ended the war in Kauravas favour and I doubt Arjun could have actually been in a position to do much had Yudhishtir been a prisoner

According to me, this is his only Danveerta that he ever showed, although this is actually a disloyalty to his supposed best friend (oh I owe my life and everything to you) and I completely despise Karna for this but that is the only time he actually did some real charity, this action of his did help the Pandavas side, rest everything that he did was more of a ego booster/morale uplifter

Thankyou for the chariot citation. Ok so he actually didn't have the luxury of a spare chariot

Originally posted by: NoraSM

He could have fought on foot, his Charioteer could have lifted the wheel, if he didn't have a Charioteer, what was he planning to do with his chariot? Shalya was his Charioteer on the day he died

Krishna told him that they are in no mood to wait for him so all he could do was fight, which he did but was defeated

Shalya was actually demoralising Karna throughout, so he wouldn't have helped in getting the chariot out for sure but nothing stopped him from fighting on foot, he even tried doing that, just that he wasn't capable.

Although I always wonder, if Karna had the knowledge of Brahmastra, why didn't he at least try using it on Ghatochkach and save Indrastra for Arjun

1169321 thumbnail

Shalya was actually demoralising Karna throughout, so he wouldn't have helped in getting the chariot out for sure but nothing stopped him from fighting on foot, he even tried doing that, just that he wasn't capable.

Although I always wonder, if Karna had the knowledge of Brahmastra, why didn't he at least try using it on Ghatochkach and save Indrastra for Arjun

Which means the chariot and Charioteer wasn't helping him, his best bet was getting a different chariot or fighting on foot, so chariot wheel fixing was definitely a tactic to buy time which failed because of Krishna

πŸ€” Maybe he didn't use Bramhastra because Arjuna would have countered it with his Bramhastra

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

omgπŸ˜†

Word Count: 1

670134 thumbnail

Exactly. And maybe even was trying to find a way to flee? Which he keeps doing so often?

Karna was badly thrashed by Arjuna on day 16 too but got saved thanks to sunset. He was definitely hoping for a repeat telecast of the same on Day 17 too but Krishna got annoyed & asked Arjuna to finish it off for once & allπŸ˜†

Btw Shalya as a charioteer was not very helpful to Karn. Karna was trying to level up in all departments to face Arjuna...so he made Shalya his charioteer. But Shalya did not like it & kept demoralizing him.

670134 thumbnail

Which means the chariot and Charioteer wasn't helping him, his best bet was getting a different chariot or fighting on foot, so chariot wheel fixing was definitely a tactic to buy time which failed because of Krishna

πŸ€” Maybe he didn't use Bramhastra because Arjuna would have countered it with his Bramhastra

Sorry I misinterpreted your reply πŸ˜†

Karna used Agneyastra against Ghatotkacha, but that did not yield any result. Later on Ghatotkacha had Duryodhan in his hold & it was a life or death situation. I think Karna did not want to risk it with Bramhastra. What if that one failed too? Ghatotkacha was extremely powerful in night time. Where as Shakti was an infallible weapon and could chase the target. So maybe it looked more logical to use Shakti astra instead.

Edited by .Lonewalker. - 4 years ago