Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

A_bibliophile thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: anandhi007

So excited for this!!!!! It's kinda like gossip girl and looks like Prachi might be the editor

It is inspired from one of my favourite historical romance.

Thank you for your comment 

A_bibliophile thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanyogitaprc

option 3

somehow i can't imagine prachi as lady candour... IMO that doesn't go with prachi's character

so lady can be Ranbir's enemy (may be because of some misunderstanding)...n prachi helping him to clear his image

Thank you

I have thought of a mixture.

A_bibliophile thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sweta10

wohooo.. really nice!! I have a  feeling that this editor is Prachi who is out there to expose Ranbir and his antics! What fun:)

Thank you.

Hope you like the future chapters as well.

A_bibliophile thumbnail

CHAPTER 3

Ranbir and Aryan had not had a proper sleep the last night, with all their energies being concentrated on planning to catch the mysterious yet annoying Lady Candour.

They both had arrived well before the opening of the college gates and had placed themselves on the football field.They intended to attend no class today and focus on the shady post box that was giving them restless nights.They had even planned to eat in intervals so that one of them would always be available to keep a check.

Aryan had brought a diary along to make note of all the people who went near the post box and posted the letters there.

It was almost evening time, the college was about to close.All the students, even the ones who loitered around had gone back home.

The college ground were being watered and the areas cleaned.

Now for the last chore of the day.Dilbag caretaker had come to empty the post box and deliver the letters to the appropriate department of the college.

Rannbir:Dilbag kaka, while giving him a rose.You work so hard, today is our turn to appreciate your hard work.On this auspicious day me and my other  friend will deliver your letters.

Don't worry there will be no mistakes.We just have to sort the address of the letters and place them accordingly on the desk in the student Magazine editors room.

There are 7 stations to place the different letters, nothing will go wrong.

Assured by the charming and helpful boys the caretaker happy to see his work being finished early gave the keys to the boys and trotted away happily.

Aryan and Ranbir rushed to the editors room with the bag full of letters.

Ranbir had also brought two fevistics along, so that after they opened and read the letters it would be easy to seal them once again.

They began finding the intended letters.The found letters for poetry columns, jokes , ideas ,stories, fashion brigade, the opera interview and found 3-4 letters addressed to Lady Candour asking for help in terms of relationship but they did not find a single letter that they could use to intimate Lady Candour.

Had the female disappeared into thin air????

Had she found out the plan?

No; only they knew?

Was she an alien who could read minds?

Or maybe

There was nothing to be reported this week.

Confused they sealed all the letters, delivered them  to the appropriate desk and after giving the keys to the guard, headed home.

They arrived at the college the next day in a better mood, maybe this week would be a respite for them.

Ranbir had just parked the car in the area when Nick came running to him.

Ranbir the mistake which we did years ago, the bet which we had placed, that stupid prank it has come back.

KARMA is hitting us back.

Ranbir's eyes softened with shame as Aryan snatched the weekly magazine from him.It read 

Dear readers

Do not get swooned by a charming smile and pretty lines.It seems Mr cool apart from his interest in football and girls also takes playing pranks and placing BETS on people seriously.He could be a rake if he refuses to stand by a lady getting humiliated in the Public and keeps quite gracefully and she has to take measures into her own hands.

Ranbir ,Aryan and Nick stood in a circle.All 3 of them had a haunted look in their eyes, their mind trying to retrieve a memory they had long buddies in their hearts.

..............Flashback.............................

It was the summer of their last year in high school.

Rhea, Ranbir,Nick,Aryan,Misty and Yana were sitting on the roof of Rhea's house.

Ranbir:Guys, so this is it.Our last year in high school.Iske baad college ,phir job phir biwi bachee aur pata nahi kya kya.Lets live to the fullest in these last 6 months.

Misty:Ranbir, boards bhi toh hai.

Rhea:Please Misty, itne nerdy hone ki jarorat nahi hai.You are forgetting is saal humhare FAREWELL bhi hai and the theme is Power couple.

Nick:Rhea, then according to the theme you and Ranbir should go as a couple you will surely win the power couple title.

Yana:Yeah, right Ranbir.You and Rhea are the hottest girl and guy of our school. You should.

Ranbir:She is right Rhea.Be my date for the school farewell and then their is nothing that will stop us from winning the title.

Rhea:Itne asaani se nahi Ranbir.There are a few juniors of our school who try to be over smart. You were the sports caption in 11th and Misty was the head girl yet we never dared to talk back to the seniors.The nerves of these juniors.Lets make a bet, if you can play a prank on them and embarrass them, I'll be your date.

RANBIR,ARYAN and NICK renamed themselves as the RAKES.The  rakes sent secret admirer letters to the 5 intended girls of the school.In the letter it was written that,I am a secret admirer of yours, if you wish to know me please meet me at the LKG and playground wing of the school during the lynch break.Nick,Ranbir,Aryan,Misty,Yana and Rhea were hiding in the wing and waiting for the girls to show up and laugh at them.

But the Prank had gone horribly wrong, someone had informed the Sister Principal(they studied in a convent)and most of the children if 11 & 12th. School  went into a tailspin when they realized 5 young ladies had taken the letter seriously and had slipped away from their duties as captions and school appointment holders to meet with their secret admirer. Only later to find out it was a trick created by the rakes for their personal wager and enjoyment.

There were no secret admirers for any of the ladies.

When the letters were out, the gang did not own that they had written the letters fearing the wrath  of Sister Principal.

The girls had suffered,they  were rebuked and laughed upon.Sister Principal had called their parents and 2 girls had even been withdrawn from school.

These 6 had sleepless nights of remorse and guilt.They had send apology letters to all the 5 girls BUT it was of no use.The deed was done.

Edited by ican - 3 years ago
Nandini25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

So sorry for late reply Ican, didn't have much time to come to IF.

Part 1 -

Oh wow! I'm loving the story already. Poor Ranbir. Just who is this Lady Candour and why is he/she spreading false rumours about him?  Ranbir's elder brother is an undercover agent! That explained his absence perfectly. 

Nandini25 thumbnail

Part 2 -

Loved the part. Poor Ranbir. He again got trapped. Gay! OMG! ðŸ˜† Seems like this Lady Candour is totally after him. ðŸ¤£Dunno why I think it is Prachi. She is behaving a little too unaware to be true. 

Edited by Nandini25 - 3 years ago
Nandini25 thumbnail

Part 3 –

Ok. So now I get it. Someone is out for revenge.The 2 girls who had been withdrawn from the school were either Prachi and Sahana or their friends. If that is the case then Prachi is lady Candour and taking revenge, assisted by Sahana. I have a strong feeling that that is exactly the case. Very interesting part. Update soon.

Aman120 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

i have a doubt that prachi is not that lady condour,, 

it clearly seems that the girls gone to meet their secret admire, and prachi will throw that letter in the dustbin,, she is not that type of a girl and if she was in the high school and ranbir was there too,, wouldn't they ever met or know each other,,

to make my point more clear,, you have said in the starting "Imagine the locker room shirtless scene has finished and the scene where Ranbir and Aryan were sitting in the canteen and trying to woo a girl is over.Prachi had disclosed to the girl that Ranbir and Aryan had placed a bet on the girl." so prachi has just arrived at delhi and joined the college,, i think ranbir must have studied in delhi so they won't have ever met before,,

thats my opinion,,

story is interesting,

anandhi007 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Damnnn,I have a feeling one of the five girls prachi, Or prachi is related to one of them. This is so interesting

A_bibliophile thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nandini25

Part 3 –

Ok. So now I get it. Someone is out for revenge.The 2 girls who had been withdrawn from the school were either Prachi and Sahana or their friends. If that is the case then Prachi is lady Candour and taking revenge, assisted by Sahana. I have a strong feeling that that is exactly the case. Very interesting part. Update soon.

Yes girl 

Thinking along the right lines.

Thank you for the comment.