How did Varun lose the mass hero tag to Tiger?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Varun is a better actor and looker than Tiger Shroff. Just a few years back, he was considered as the epitome of masala or mass hero -- someone who can effortlessly draw audiences to theatres. He could pull off a Dishoom and a Badlapur,an October and a Judwaa 2.

But then, Tiger Shroff came into the picture and started dominating the box-office with his franchise of Baaghi. He became an action star overnight, and War only cemented this position further.

Now, how can someone who is good only in 1 genre overtake someone who is versatile, has delivered decent performances, has great screen presence? This remains a mystery to me.

Discuss.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

He tried some dumb movies. Movies that no one has heard of in most places 🤣

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

jalti raho tiger se LOL

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: MunnaBadnamHua

jalti raho tiger se LOL

If Tiger wasnt good at his job no one would know who he is. Like many still dont who Vicky Kaushal is 🤣

jb508 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

He tried to display his acting with content movies and it didn't pay off. I like October and Sui Dhaaga but it didn't do him any favors especially in the same year Ranveer and Ranbir both put up crazy box office numbers.

1169321 thumbnail

Tiger is a serious action hero, He does his stunts and his dance moves are popular

Varun does action comedy and acts like a child

Tiger can pull off an army officer Ronnie, I don't see Varun doing it

Moreover, Tiger's movie with a veteran HR helped him retain this image whereas Varun played a manchild cop against John

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Tiger is a serious action hero, He does his stunts and his dance moves are popular

Varun does action comedy and acts like a child

Tiger can pull off an army officer Ronnie, I don't see Varun doing it

Moreover, Tiger's movie with a veteran HR helped him retain this image whereas Varun played a manchild cop against John

But mass hero doesn't mean only action. Maybe Varun hasn't done hardcore action, but he's done all other genres with moderate success. I can't see 🐅 pulling off an October or Badlapur. Heck, I can't even see him pulling off a Badrinath ki dulhaniya.

On top of that, he's stiff and can't emote. Varun is a decent actor and good dancer as well.

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: MunnaBadnamHua

jalti raho tiger se LOL

Why should I be jealous 😂😂😂

I'm not an actor and even if I was, Tiger would be the last person to be jealous of!!! He can't act!!!!

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Why should I be jealous 😂😂😂

I'm not an actor and even if I was, Tiger would be the last person to be jealous of!!! He can't act!!!!

🤣 ur obsession with nonactor is so obvious LLOL
Edited by MunnaBadnamHua - 4 years ago
1169321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

But mass hero doesn't mean only action. Maybe Varun hasn't done hardcore action, but he's done all other genres with moderate success. I can't see 🐅 pulling off an October or Badlapur. Heck, I can't even see him pulling off a Badrinath ki dulhaniya.

On top of that, he's stiff and can't emote. Varun is a decent actor and good dancer as well.

October and Badlapur aren't massy movies

I won't discuss acting with these two in my head, Tiger has found his niche and he is holding onto it, His dance moves and action skills are hyped by his PR, He won't attempt something like October or Badlapur because it is a waste of time

Its not easy to do stunts like he does, He works hard for the kind of movies he does and he is being rewarded in terms of BO Numbers, SOTY failed and he acknowledged the reason was his fans can't see him play a college guy, he can't act and he is not even asking you to watch his movie for great acting

Edited by NoraSM - 4 years ago