Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ImaginativeGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

That offer was plot a manipulation GOT IT ??? Krishna had no right on drapaudi to offer anyone she was not a thing she was human and she was his best friend and people like you who bring this so called "offer" forget that he promised drapaudi twice that he will make sure karna is dead so yeah i would rather believe that. Plus the lord himself says that its ok to lie to enemy and karna was an enemy who he wanted dead. Fair and simple

As I said, people have different perceptions to that offer. And I do not want to pretend that I know why the offer was made or was it made at all. I just mentioned that if it was made, then probably it was not an uncommon practice in the society.

I do not doubt Lord Krishna's intentions. Probably, he just wanted to test, manipulate or even tempt Karna. He probably had no intentions to actually offer her had Karna considered the offer.

Although, it does add a positive point to Karna if the offer was made. He passed the test.

The entire point was made to signify that women did not enjoy a high position in society.

Of course it's all a matter of opinion.😊

670134 thumbnail

Wow. That was a fascinating read. Thank you for all the comments peeps. I enjoyed reading them & learned quite a few things.

I never knew that Karn's kingdom ran human trafficking 🤢 And he even offered his own wives & sons as a prize to whomever would find him Arjun 🤢 I am speechless.

And there's this theory running all over the internet that at the dice hall, Karn called Draupadi a prostitute only because Draupadi didn't ask for his help. She asked Bhisma, Drona, Vidur etc for help but ignored Karn & thus insulted him once again. This enraged Karn otherwise he was waiting for Draupadi's call of help & would have saved her. Duh! What a wishful thinking by fandoms based on tv serial's portrayal. In reality, he was ready to serve his own wife to someone else like a prostitute just to find Arjun 🤢

And I still don't understand what did Arjun ever do to earn this enmity from Karn? While in Gurukul, Arjun was the model student & Guru Drona's favourite. I can't imagine anyway he could have provoked Karn, apart from just being better than him in learning. And even after Gurukul, what did Arjun do to Karn? Did he insult him or personally harm him? He just faced him in wars & duels & mostly defeated him fair & square. If Karn couldn't take his defeats sportingly & respect the outcome he was hardly ever the contender for the title of the greatest warrior. He was not a warrior at all. He was a butt hurt jealous, sulking kid who just refused to grow up.😵

Even after knowing that Kunti was his mother & the Pandavas were his brothers, he refused to let go of Arjun 🤣🤣 I mean....seriously.... I would have understood if he refused to let any of the Pandavas go as they are his "Mitra Duryodhan"s enemies.....but he promised to spare the rest 4 & decided to go after only Arjun. I mean....why? How is Arjun any different from the other 4 Pandavas? Oh wait! Arjun is different because he is considered to be the greatest archer of his time, a title Karn is running after his whole life 🤪 So going against only Arjun is justified even though he is sparing the other 4.

And let's just not talk about how he killed Abhimanyu🤢 Greatest warrior my foot. He shouldn't even be called an warrior. Because he couldn't defeat Abhimanyu one on one, he resorted to joint attacking him & breaking his weapons with trickery and then backstabbing him. Why just Arjun, even Abhimanyu was greater an warrior than Karn ever could be.

I always wondered why these tv serials portray Karn as some unsung hero. I wanted to know if there are instances where he can really be praised for, maybe these serials are just exaggerating those. But looks like there isn't none. This glorified Karn is nothing but a fantasy.

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Sanskruthi

That's how you look at it, for him he tried his best to do right by all For his bio Momma Kunti by sparing her 4 sons, (contrary to popular belief she did not ask Karna to spare her sons), he stood by his friend by fighting war for him knowing the consequences and tried to kill Arjuna.

He was not manipulated by Krishna he turned down his offer and did not do the any circus like declaring curses or participate after knowing truth about his birth from Krishna, he simply accepted it. I mean, I believe a raise was expected of him considering even Yudhi could not take the revelation lightly.

I believe Krishna genuinely wanted him to side pandavas considering he visited Karna again in the field.

Umm, Karna, as per KMG already knew his birth secret so Krishna could not have broken his strength or used it against him technically.

Citation below:

Karna said, 'Without doubt, O Kesava, thou hast said these words from thy love, affection, and friendship for me, as also in consequence of thy desire of doing me good, O thou of Vrishni's race. I know all that thou hast said unto me. Morally, I am the son of Pandu, as also in consequence of the injunctions of the scriptures, as thou, O Krishna, thinkest. My mother, while a maiden, bore me in her womb, O Janardana, through her connection with Surya. And at the command of Surya himself, she abandoned me as soon as I was born. Even thus, O Krishna, I came into the world.

@Bold part - He didn't react much because he was already aware (I don't know how though, have been looking for it and if I come up with something I would share).

Karna's target since the beginning was Arjun and he wanted to prove himself better than him and kill him. He has said it several times. It was since childhood (Drona's gurukul) that he had such intentions. So, he would anyway not be interested in killing YBNS. His rivalry was personal.

He was not exactly fighting the war to support Duryodhan but in works of Shakespeare, "to feed fat the ancient grudge that he bore" 😆

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnkitaPurka66

As I said, people have different perceptions to that offer. And I do not want to pretend that I know why the offer was made or was it made at all. I just mentioned that if it was made, then probably it was not an uncommon practice in the society.

I do not doubt Lord Krishna's intentions. Probably, he just wanted to test, manipulate or even tempt Karna. He probably had no intentions to actually offer her had Karna considered the offer.

Although, it does add a positive point to Karna if the offer was made. He passed the test.

The entire point was made to signify that women did not enjoy a high position in society.

Of course it's all a matter of opinion.😊

Sorry but the entire post suggest high level misgony more than krishna it actually shows the thought process of the person who wrote such post reducing a fellow human being to mere thing to be offered

Let me tell you that Krishna was just her friend best friend he was not her father brother or husband to offer her to anybody. He did not had the right at all

And to completely neglect the fact tha he promised her that he will make sure karan is dead and keep harping about the offer just to glorify your favourite character does not sounds nice to me.

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

I would say that abhimanyu was greater warrior than both his father and karna he gave his all tho fight for his family s cause. Unlike the other two he knew very well what a war means i.e, kill or get killed. And i am proud of him ❤️

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .Lonewalker.

Wow. That was a fascinating read. Thank you for all the comments peeps. I enjoyed reading them & learned quite a few things.

I never knew that Karn's kingdom ran human trafficking 🤢 And he even offered his own wives & sons as a prize to whomever would find him Arjun 🤢 I am speechless.

And there's this theory running all over the internet that at the dice hall, Karn called Draupadi a prostitute only because Draupadi didn't ask for his help. She asked Bhisma, Drona, Vidur etc for help but ignored Karn & thus insulted him once again. This enraged Karn otherwise he was waiting for Draupadi's call of help & would have saved her. Duh! What a wishful thinking by fandoms based on tv serial's portrayal. In reality, he was ready to serve his own wife to someone else like a prostitute just to find Arjun 🤢

And I still don't understand what did Arjun ever do to earn this enmity from Karn? While in Gurukul, Arjun was the model student & Guru Drona's favourite. I can't imagine anyway he could have provoked Karn, apart from just being better than him in learning. And even after Gurukul, what did Arjun do to Karn? Did he insult him or personally harm him? He just faced him in wars & duels & mostly defeated him fair & square. If Karn couldn't take his defeats sportingly & respect the outcome he was hardly ever the contender for the title of the greatest warrior. He was not a warrior at all. He was a butt hurt jealous, sulking kid who just refused to grow up.😵

Even after knowing that Kunti was his mother & the Pandavas were his brothers, he refused to let go of Arjun 🤣🤣 I mean....seriously.... I would have understood if he refused to let any of the Pandavas go as they are his "Mitra Duryodhan"s enemies.....but he promised to spare the rest 4 & decided to go after only Arjun. I mean....why? How is Arjun any different from the other 4 Pandavas? Oh wait! Arjun is different because he is considered to be the greatest archer of his time, a title Karn is running after his whole life 🤪 So going against only Arjun is justified even though he is sparing the other 4.

And let's just not talk about how he killed Abhimanyu🤢 Greatest warrior my foot. He shouldn't even be called an warrior. Because he couldn't defeat Abhimanyu one on one, he resorted to joint attacking him & breaking his weapons with trickery and then backstabbing him. Why just Arjun, even Abhimanyu was greater an warrior than Karn ever could be.

I always wondered why these tv serials portray Karn as some unsung hero. I wanted to know if there are instances where he can really be praised for, maybe these serials are just exaggerating those. But looks like there isn't none. This glorified Karn is nothing but a fantasy.

You just said it all. He is not a hero to begin with, let alone unsung. Infact Pandavas faced much more hardship in their lives than he ever did. He got loving foster parents, a kingdom in daan, protection of his friend, whatever knowledge he wished to acquire.

Also, his obsession with Arjun is unbeatable!🤣 I don't think even Draupadi had this much love for Arjun as much this guy had xD And please note it was completely unprovoked. 🤣

The thing is people somehow find a great deal of joy in glorifying the mistakes of the otherwise good and undermining the wrong doings of the bad because it makes their opinion cool and unique.

In addition, we have popular literature portraying him as some unsung hero because of course it sells. 😆

ImaginativeGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Sorry but the entire post suggest high level misgony more than krishna it actually shows the thought process of the person who wrote such post reducing a fellow human being to mere thing to be offered

Let me tell you that Krishna was just her friend best friend he was not her father brother or husband to offer her to anybody. He did not had the right at all

And to completely neglect the fact tha he promised her that he will make sure karan is dead and keep harping about the offer just to glorify your favourite character does not sounds nice to me.

I was examining the probability of the social system in those times. Not in modern times.

I was highlighting the possibility that maybe that was the position of women in THOSE times, not NOW.

Obviously, I did not mean it is right to offer or give a human to another human. The concept is disgusting.

Deducing that I am a misogynist from my post is highly unappreciated.

Kindly do not make assumptions on my views based on what I like in a mythological epic.

Let me reiterate one more for everyone again a concept that nobody gets -

Liking a negative character in literature/ epic DOES NOT mean that we follow the same principles in our own life.

It is offending when someone judges you based on what you like in fiction.

670134 thumbnail

I would say that abhimanyu was greater warrior than both his father and karna he gave his all tho fight for his family s cause. Unlike the other two he knew very well what a war means i.e, kill or get killed. And i am proud of him ❤️

That's true ❤️ Abhimanyu is 💔💔 In spite of his young age, he was a great warrior. Only if he knew how to make exit from the Chakravyuh 😭

Btw regarding this, was it really because Subhadra fell asleep while Arjun was explaining the exit plan?
I recently read somewhere that Abhimanyu was incarnation of Moon God's son & Moon God wished that his son will stay in mortal world for only 16 years as he couldn't be separated from his son for more than that. Krishna knew about it.

So when Arjun was explaining about Chakravyuh, Krishna let Arjun explain till how to enter. And then called him away with some excuse so that he couldn't tell about the exit route, thus paving way for Abhimanyu's death & Moon God's son's return to heaven after precisely 16 years.

Which one is true?

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnkitaPurka66

I was examining the probability of the social system in those times. Not in modern times.

I was highlighting the possibility that maybe that was the position of women in THOSE times, not NOW.

Obviously, I did not mean it is right to offer or give a human to another human. The concept is disgusting.

Deducing that I am a misogynist from my post is highly unappreciated.

Kindly do not make assumptions on my views based on what I like in a mythological epic.

Let me reiterate one more for everyone again a concept that nobody gets -

Liking a negative character in literature/ epic DOES NOT mean that we follow the same principles in our own life.

It is offending when someone judges you based on what you like in fiction.

I was not judging you based on the character you like at all. I was pointing out that how your post pen/written down. It reeked of as i said misgony That s it. I like gray characters too.

670134 thumbnail

Originally posted by: CaptainSpark

You just said it all. He is not a hero to begin with, let alone unsung. Infact Pandavas faced much more hardship in their lives than he ever did. He got loving foster parents, a kingdom in daan, protection of his friend, whatever knowledge he wished to acquire.

Also, his obsession with Arjun is unbeatable!🤣 I don't think even Draupadi had this much love for Arjun as much this guy had xD And please note it was completely unprovoked. 🤣

The thing is people somehow find a great deal of joy in glorifying the mistakes of the otherwise good and undermining the wrong doings of the bad because it makes their opinion cool and unique.

In addition, we have popular literature portraying him as some unsung hero because of course it sells. 😆

@ Bold 🤣🤣🤣

@Underlined : Sadly yes. And that's where these tv serials get their inspiration regarding Karn. You know there's a novel called The Palace of Illusion? It's apparently Mahabharat from Draupadi's pov & guess what? She was secretly in love with Karn 🤢🤢 WTF 🤢 How twisted these writers can get. 🤢