Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1169321 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: .Lonewalker.

Like everything in Mahabharat, even Abhimanyu's age is controversial 😆 Many believe he was born before the Rajsuya yaggya & was perhaps 32-33 years old when he died.
And many believe he was born 2-3 years prior to the Dice game incident & Pandavas' subsequent Exile for 13 years, which make him 16 years old during the war.

But in KMG's Mahabharat there's this mention of Abhimanyu being Chandra Deva's son's incarnation & Chandra Deva lending his son to mortal world for only 16 years. And while lending his son, he even mentioned how his son would leave mortal world & unite with him in heaven once these 16 years completes. And that description fits with how Abhimanyu died.

Abhimanyu was older than Upapandavas, there was difference of 1 year between Upapandavas.

Arjun went on exile for 12 years, it was Yudhishtira's turn when he went on exile, means it was either Arjun or Bhima's turn when Arjun returned from his 12 year's exile.

It is possible that Draupadi had a child with Yudhishtira on 11th years, Either Nakul or Bhima on 12th year and with either Arjun or Bhima after Arjun came back

They mentioned Krushna remained at Indraprasth after celebration of Arjun and Subhadra's marriage, he was there when Abhimanyu was born so Abhimanyu was born in first year of Arjun's return.

It is also possible that Draupadi's 4 sons were born before Arjun returned because they simply nullified Arjun's year and the time period reduced to 4 years instead of 5I. n this case Draupadi's son with Yudhishtira was born on 9th year, Nakul/Bhima on 10 and 11th year, Sahdev on 12th year BUT after Sahdev it was Yudhishtira's turn so Arjun's son had to be born after 3-4 years of his return which means UpPandavas did not have 1 year's gap, hence I discarded this theory 🙃🙃🤔

The interesting point in the birth of UpPandavas and Abhimanyu was that they acquired knowledge of all human and celestial weapons from Arjun, If Arjun went on exile when Abhimanyu was 3 and one of the UpPandavas was 1 year old then its not possible for him to train them

Then there was the Yagya which took place before dice game, Burning of Khandavprasth forests where Arjun acquired Gandiva

More than this 13 years of exile was followed by 1 year of peace offerings

I have calculated every possible way of Abhimanyu being 16 but it's just not adding up

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

It's not that difficult, believe it or not. Unlike Panchali, she wasn't the kind to be in the limelight. Kunti likely stayed in women's quarters for a while. Plus, loose clothes help hide a lot of issues. But yeah... she had to have help. My best guess would be queen knew. Maybe Kuntibhoj also. They probably hid it because Kunti was Surasena's daughter, and the yadavas might've had something to say about her getting pregnant because Kuntibhoj ordered her to serve Durvasa.

Karna is too much a part of the plot to be interpolation.

No he is mentioned in some of the earliest Sanskrit verses too. He might have been more glorified but not completely interpolation I think.

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

About upandavas this was the birth order

1) prativindhya ( yudi s boy ) and suthanu ( yes i love her 😆)

2) satanik ( nakul s boy )

3) sutsoma (bheem s boy)

4) suthsrena ( sahadev s boy)

5) abhimanyu

6) suthakriti ( arjuna s boy )

1 year age difference between upandavas is biologically impossible.

Edited by Poorabhforever - 4 years ago
Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: CaptainSpark

I have heard of this theory which you mentioned at the end. That it was a prince of the Solar dynasty who fathered Karna. Another theory goes that he was actually Durvasa's son. 😆

Brishti di, I think that theory came from yuganta, I don't remember it much but that durvasa was some other durvasa which could be the case.

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Sanskruthi

Brishti di, I think that theory came from yuganta, I don't remember it much but that durvasa was some other durvasa which could be the case.

Possible. I think some also say he was born because Durvasa raped Kunti as a child. It's too far fetched because there isn't much to back this up. If we however keep aside the divine bit of Karna's birth, most plausible would be a prince of Surya Vansh or Durvasa😆

1169321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

About upandavas this was the birth order

1) prativindhya ( yudi s boy ) and suthanu ( yes i love her 😆)

2) satanik ( nakul s boy )

3) sutsoma (bheem s boy)

4) suthsrena ( sahadev s boy)

5) abhimanyu

6) suthakriti ( arjuna s boy )

1 year age difference between upandavas is biologically impossible.

"Brahmanas, from their foreknowledge, said unto Yudhishthira that as the son of his would be capable of bearing like the Vindhya mountains the weapons of the foe, he should be called Prativindhya. And because the child that Draupadi bore to Bhimasena was born after Bhima had performed a thousand Soma sacrifices, he came to be called Sutasoma. And because Arjuna's son was born upon his return from exile during which he had achieved many celebrated feats, that child came to be called Srutakarman. While Nakula named his son Satanika after a royal sage of that name, in the illustrious race of Kuru. Again the son that Draupadi bore to Sahadeva was born under the constellation called Vahni-daivata (Krittika), therefore was he called after the generalissimo of the celestial host, Srutasena (Kartikeya). The sons of Draupadi were born, each at the interval of one year, and all of them became renowned and much attached to one another. "

https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m01/m01224.htm

According to the text, The order of Upapandava's birth was Yudi, Bhima, Arjun, Nakul and Sahdev.

It also mentions Arjun training Abhimanyu and Draupadi's Kids, which is not possible if Abhimanyu was 3 year's old and Sutakriti was even younger

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

"Brahmanas, from their foreknowledge, said unto Yudhishthira that as the son of his would be capable of bearing like the Vindhya mountains the weapons of the foe, he should be called Prativindhya. And because the child that Draupadi bore to Bhimasena was born after Bhima had performed a thousand Soma sacrifices, he came to be called Sutasoma. And because Arjuna's son was born upon his return from exile during which he had achieved many celebrated feats, that child came to be called Srutakarman. While Nakula named his son Satanika after a royal sage of that name, in the illustrious race of Kuru. Again the son that Draupadi bore to Sahadeva was born under the constellation called Vahni-daivata (Krittika), therefore was he called after the generalissimo of the celestial host, Srutasena (Kartikeya). The sons of Draupadi were born, each at the interval of one year, and all of them became renowned and much attached to one another. "

https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m01/m01224.htm

According to the text, The order of Upapandava's birth was Yudi, Bhima, Arjun, Nakul and Sahdev.

It also mentions Arjun training Abhimanyu and Draupadi's Kids, which is not possible if Abhimanyu was 3 year's old and Sutakriti was even younger

No that not possible biologically. She cannot have bhim s kid in the very next year. That is impossible i think this particular part is definitely wrongly translated .

Shatanik in all probability was older to sutsoma

1169321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

No that not possible biologically. She cannot have bhim s kid in the very next year. That is impossible i think this particular part is definitely wrongly translated .

Shatanik in all probability was older to sutsoma

A woman gave birth to 100 kids, her gestation period was of 2 years in Mahabharata

Why do you think it's biologically impossible?

If you are referring to the order in which Pandavas decided to be with Draupadi ie Kunti's eldest then Madri's eldest, I have considered that in my first post and I have written name of both Bhima and Nakul to go along with both orders

Edited by NoraSM - 4 years ago
Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

A woman gave birth to 100 kids, her gestation period was of 2 years in Mahabharata

I don't believe that gandhari gave birth to all 100 there has to be more than one ghandhari ( princess of ghandhar) its biologically impossible

And about ond year thing is because even after giving birth atleast for next 6 months which is when the mother breastfeeds the ovarian cycle takes a back seat. So no pregnancy during that period - lactation amenorrhoea its a very good Natural contraceptive

Edited by Poorabhforever - 4 years ago
Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

If you are referring to the order in which Pandavas decided to be with Draupadi ie Kunti's eldest then Madri's eldest, I have considered that in my first post and I have written name of both Bhima and Nakul to go along with both orders

That kunti s eldest and madri s eldest is a bullshit theory. Just because satanik was older to sutsoma. The real was biology