Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1169321 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

One more thing -

Arjun didn't see Draupadi before Swayamvar so how can one say that he was not interested in marrying her? There was no love story, He was right in saying that they can't let Duryodhana know about their reality. Did he need cajoling after seeing her?

Draupadi was ready to marry anyone who could win the competition 🙃

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

One more thing -

Arjun didn't see Draupadi before Swayamvar so how can one say that he was not interested in marrying her? There was no love story, He was right in saying that they can't let Duryodhana know about their reality. Did he need cajoling after seeing her?

Draupadi was ready to marry anyone who could win the competition 🙃

Hello we were talking about star bharat and not Mahabharata that s why its better that you read the text then you will know the difference

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

I don't think the concept of love was prevalent back in those days, the concept of marriage was far from it is now. Arjun had many wives but "he loved 'Subhadra'/Draupadi the most" is trying to validate these two women by showing the protagonist loved them.

Draupadi was managing whole Kingdom, she was a queen, she had alot of work to do, I don't really think she was sulking for Arjun's advances, She had 5 husbands, the woman did not lack attention 🤣🙃 Her husbands had to wait for their turn to be with her and none of them skipped it. Did Arjuna go 'Yudhishtira Da, be with Draupadi for next one year, I love Subhadra?"

Marriage was an alliance and duty not a Choice, they weren't in Monogamous relationships.

Subhadra was Krushna's sister, she had a purpose, the purpose was to give an heir, that's why she lived with Arjun till Abhimanyu's birth then raised him where Krushna could teach him everything, She asked Arjun for crucial information which helped them win the war, the woman had more work to do than pine for her husband.

Arjun was a warrior, He spent most of his time in exile then he went to look for weapons, back then men chose women who were beautiful, anything which couldn't awaken their desire was their, The concept of today's love and shipper's desire look for a monogamous love, if not monogamous then claim that our hero didn't want his other wives though he had kids with all of his wives 🤣

Read the text read the text. And i am sure each one of us know what Mahabharata is nobody here said anything about who loved who the most we were discussing what star bharat showed

And as i have said it before i will be the last person to ship drapaudi with anybody

Edited by Poorabhforever - 4 years ago
Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

For further doubts please refer to this thread

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3721264?pn=36&pc=93012377

Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

1 Did she really insult Duryodhana and his father?

No

2 Did she reject Karna because he was from low caste?

According to KMG she did, CE doesn't mention him participating and in some version he misses the target

IMO Suta and kshatrani marriages were not exactly taboo, ofc if the princess agree.

Edited by Sanskruthi - 4 years ago
CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

She asked for one man with 5 qualities and she was punished for her wish by making her marry 5 men and sl*t shaming her 🙄 Same God granted every wish of Ravana and other people who caused so much trouble.

I have not seen SB Mahabharata, I have seen the old one when I was in school

That's how it is. These gods were never completely fair or righteous.

PS: No intention of hurting any religious sentiments.

1169321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

Hello we were talking about star bharat and not Mahabharata that s why its better that you read the text then you will know the difference

🤦‍♀️ Are

There are so many Mahabharata, I am perpetually confused

1169321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: CaptainSpark

That's how it is. These gods were never completely fair or righteous.

PS: No intention of hurting any religious sentiments.

Yeah.

Same, Not hurting any religious sentiment 🙏

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Excuse can anybody answer why is drapaudi marrying five men is a punishment/wrong when likes of arjun/bheem/karna s marriage with every other woman is highly celebrated ?? I don't think the problem was her marrying five men nobody absolutely nobody apart karna ever insulted her for this because it was nothing wrong. She was highly respected woman/personalities of her timea .karna insulting shows more of his mentality. Plus the problem was not her marrying five men the problem was her marrying wrong men who let her down.

Yudhishtra messed up big time in that dice hall and there is no apology/redemption from that

But apart from that i think she had very loving relationship with BANS . Both bheem and arjun spoke up for her in that dice hall.

If a man s desire are celebrated we can do the same for woman.

Edited by Poorabhforever - 4 years ago
1169321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

Excuse can anybody answer why is drapaudi marrying five men is a punishment/wrong when likes of arjun/bheem/karna s marriage with every other woman is highly celebrated ?? I don't think the problem was her marrying five men nobody absolutely nobody apart karna ever insulted her for this because it was nothing wrong. She was highly respected woman/personalities of her timea .karna insulting shows more of his mentality. Plus the problem was not her marrying five men the problem was her marrying wrong men who let her down.

Yudhishtra messed up big time in that dice hall and there is no apology/redemption from that

But apart from that i think she had very loving relationship with BANS . Both bheem and arjun spoke up for her in that dice hall.

If a man s desire are celebrated we can do the same for woman.

It is wrong because she didn't ask for it, she didn't want it, she had to marry 5 men, it's your theory that Krushna told her the truth but what if she thought she is being shared among 5 brothers because that's the termed they used "sharing" her as if she was a thing, she being a woman back in that time accepted her fate and made the best of her life.

If Draupadi wanted 5 men or married them by her choice then it's neither a punishment nor wrong, I don't know how true it is but she wanted to be virgin with all of them, doesn't this show her reluctance or the mindset which asks a woman to be a virgin to be pure before she consummated her marriage with her husband? Did Arjun have to gain his virginity before he consummated his marriage with his wives? The whole mindset sl*t shames her

I don't celebrate multiple marriages but it was a norm in that time, Even Krushna had many wives. The difference for me is that Draupadi had to be "pure" for her husband and "purity" means her being a virgin, they didn't show it for men

I don't understand what desire is in being a virgin and going through the same pain, this itself shows that her reluctance in having multiple partners, No?

Edited by NoraSM - 4 years ago