Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

Drapaudi was smart she did not blame yudhishtra in the court room for a reason she rips him apart later during the exile. Had she blamed yudhishtra in open court things would have turn uglier that why nobody that includes "mahanayak" actively blamed him in the dice hall. Drapaudi went to bheem because they had that kind if relationship she trusted him enough.

I think we can stop demeaning the relationship that drapaudi had with one husband to glorify another and that goes for both bheemdi and ardi. Both of then were equally important

Yes yes, even I remember reading this. Not in KMG but in my native tongue. I am not a shipper of either, because i don't believe Mahabharata is about shipping and it's shallow to get into romance and shipping here. (My opinion)

Yet, I just personally feel from what I read that Bheem loved her the most, and cared for her more than others did. Other may have different take and that's okay. None of us can say for sure because only Drau can confirm whom she felt loved her the most :P :P

Now that does not in anyway mean Arjun didn't love her or others didn't. I am sure all five did but some love more than others :)

CaptainSpark thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

I am sorry for my lack of knowledge, I can understand it must be frustrating for you to see my rants, Mahabharata and Ramayana have been part of our lives from I was a child, a lot of things were said by people and my opinion on every character till now has been way different, there are so many versions of it and I am really confused 🙃

I will stop here 🤗 Thanks for your time and patience, my mom gave up before ya'll did ♥

I would request you to read the epic. You won't regret it. It's the greatest text to be written, and it has many layers to each character. If you read up, you will get more clarity on your questions. :)

There's nothing wrong in asking questions. I hope you were able to get some answers. We cannot have clear answers to your questions, because the text is layered and subjective. But reading will help you form different opinions. :)

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Originally posted by: CaptainSpark

Yes yes, even I remember reading this. Not in KMG but in my native tongue. I am not a shipper of either, because i don't believe Mahabharata is about shipping and it's shallow to get into romance and shipping here. (My opinion)

Yet, I just personally feel from what I read that Bheem loved her the most, and cared for her more than others did. Other may have different take and that's okay. None of us can say for sure because only Drau can confirm whom she felt loved her the most :P :P

Now that does not in anyway mean Arjun didn't love her or others didn't. I am sure all five did but some love more than others :)

Agree I am not a shipper either. I will be last person to ship drapaudi with anybody. Mahabharata is not ddlj. I firmly believe Drapaudi and others had bigger and better things to achieve.

Edited by Poorabhforever - 4 years ago
1169321 thumbnail

I would request you to read the epic. You won't regret it. It's the greatest text to be written, and it has many layers to each character. If you read up, you will get more clarity on your questions. :)

There's nothing wrong in asking questions. I hope you were able to get some answers. We cannot have clear answers to your questions, because the text is layered and subjective. But reading will help you form different opinions. :)

I will read it eventually, Right now

I am preparing entrance exam for Master's degree, got free time from job due to quarantine, but this chirharan thing piqued my interest, you know these people Arjun, Yudhishtira etc are treated as heroes in our region, also I had misconception about Yudhishtira being the only one to go to heaven 🙃🙃 I just didn't get how people who treated their wives like this, people who gambled her away, watched her being mistreated are heroes

The more I read about Draupadi, the more I think She was wronged by these people, couldn't stop myself from making the post 😂

Edited by NoraSM - 4 years ago
Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Drapaudi was anything but a victim she was an enigma a strong level headed opinionated smart woman who knew her rights and priorities well .

Edited by Poorabhforever - 4 years ago
CaptainSpark thumbnail

I will read it eventually, Right now

I am preparing entrance exam for Master's degree, got free time from job due to quarantine, but this chirharan thing piqued my interest, you know these people Arjun, Yudhishtira etc are treated as heroes in our region, also I had misconception about Yudhishtira being the only one to go to heaven 🙃🙃 I just didn't get how people who treated their wives like this, people who gambled her away, watched her being mistreated are heroes

The more I read about Draupadi, the more I think She was wronged by these people, couldn't stop myself from making the post 😂

I am someone who doesn't consider either of these people as demigods and Gods. And I include Krishna here. For me, all of them were humans with exceptional qualities. So I try to understand them as human beings and no human being can be flawless. I believe these people have made several mistakes in their lifetime, and they should be held accountable for the same, just like their good deeds deserve praise. That's how I see the epic :))

All the best for your entrance and preparation!

Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Krushna always manipulated or moved things in a certain way when he thought his brother was going wrong, like Krushna asking Arjun to abduct his sister so she doesn't marry Duryodhana or they would have to support Duryodhana in the final battle as his sister was married to him.

Krushna didn't defy Balaram openly but he did everything he could to stop him from doing 'wrong', this perception is what I am talking about, Krushna knew his brother wants Subhadra's marriage with Duryodhana, why didn't he just follow what his brother wanted, like Arjun did?

What I am trying to say is that supporting what's 'right' is more important than supporting one's brother, that's what I got from Ramayana and from Krushna.

I never understood Krushna's support for Pandavas for a man who can bet his Kingdom, brother and wife for a game is certainly not a good King or Ruler, The only way for them to win the war was through Krushna's support. What I understand is that feminism changed the perception of this story otherwise they treated women like meh

I asked my mother and her reply was intriguing, I don't know how true but she said that Arjun didn't do anything as he, Krushna and Draupadi were looking for a legit reason to start a war, the war was fought because Kaurvas insulted Draupadi. She said that Draupadi and Arjun are Krushna too (Which I don't understand, how?), It's just opens up many dimensions of the story for me

At last part: Yup, forgot the source but Mahabharata is said to have four "Krishnaa"s:

1. Krishna Dwaipayan Vyasa (Ved Vyas) - the chronicler

2. Vasudeva Krishna (Shri Krishna) - the manipulator/mover of the story

3. Krishnaa Panchali (Draupadi) - The catalyst/pivot on which the entire story/circle moved

4. Arjuna Krishna - The "doer"/the warrior who participated in the great War and did things as per Vasudeva Krishna's will

Eloquent thumbnail

I clearly disagree she was never docile types. If one read the conversation that drapaudi has with satyabhama we get to know how closely she was associated with every matter of the state. Her hold on the kingdom her political inclined mind are clearly highlighted in that one conversation so no the Change was never drastic she was always this level headed strong opinionated woman who had a voice of her own. She was finance minister of indraprasth. And literally ruled the kingdom its just vyasa does not delves much on this part of her character.

Panchaali was practically the one who ran major aspects of Indraprastha and Bharatvarsh.

In Draupadi-Satyabhama samvaad, she mentions that she knows the finance side of the Empire to the minutest detail. She kept herself informed of all the servants in her empire. She handled the finance of not just Indraprastha but the entire empire. Again (perversely) while staking her in the Dyut Sabha, Yudhisthira describes her every aspect. I'll skip the physical description because it seems so perverse to be describing your wife whom you're staking to the High bidder. But he says that she's the first to get up, last to sleep.

In the Empire, Arjuna& Bhima were the warriors and tasked with martial aspects i.e. military organization.

Nakula, Sahadeva - don't know what they did

Yudhisthira: Emperor - I guess majorly busy with giving Dharma/justice

The practical/daily running of the Empire esp. finance: Draupadi

Eloquent thumbnail

Yes, all 5 were attracted to Draupadi upon seeing her. But the competition is one which involves archery. Now it's natural that only Arjun could have won this competition. Had it been a mace fight, Bheem would have done so. Vyasa met them way before the Swayamvara and told them about it already. (In case you want to see the citations I can share them here)

I don't see what is shallow about this. He was the archer out of the 5, so he went for the Swayamvara as the aim was to win Draupadi's hand. He didn't go to show his skills. I am saying he was the one who participated because he had the skills to win the contest. They were attracted to Draupadi but for Arjun his brother's orders have always had more importance, as seen several times in the epic. Hence when Yudhishthir suggested all 5 should marry her, he agreed. Had he been madly in love, would any man agree to share his wife whose hand he won? What do you think?

Arjuna wasn't all that happy about sharing Panchali Krishnaa with his brothers. He just shut up about it because it was the norm then to respect elders/elder brother.

However there's a scene in Mahabharata in Karna Parva, just a day before Karna vadh. There's a fight between Yudhisthira and Arjuna wherein Yudhisthira (who himself is the weakest warrior of the five) is shouting at Arjuna for not being able to kill Karna and not really being "in to fight".

Arjuna responds back by saying: Sitting on Panchali's bed, you insult me

So maybe he really wasn't all that happy but his major problem was that he never went against Yudhisthira. He only vented during an ultra stressful situation.

Eloquent thumbnail

Bherm did not lament not acknowledging drapaudi kids he lamented about how will they face them after the dice hall.

Yeah as i said we can stop putting down either bheemdi or ardi i think drapaudi had good relationship with both. Plus more than anything all that drapaudi ever needed to tackle every situation was her own inner strength and intelligence along with immense care if her cowherd friend.

I think yes: there was only one person in the entire Dyut Sabha scene who comes out with her character and integrity AND intelligence intact: Krishnaa Panchali

Even after being dragged into a court of men by her hair, by a demon in human form and paraded in her saree while she was menstruating, she did not lose her composure and certainly not her intelligence.

She asked the one rational, logical question which even "paragons of dharma" like Bhishma couldn't answer.

Then once Dhritarashtra gives her three boons, she could have asked for her own freedom first. But sge very intelligently asked for Yudi's freedom because as their King and leader, if he's free, then the rest will follow including her and her children (who were also facing prospects of slavery and other things).

Even Karna who was, a few scenes back calling her a you know what, praises her saying she has single handedly rescued her husbands (ofcourse this is a backhanded taunt to the Pandavas as well).